BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Appreciation?

Made this post on the Pedersen topic, just thought it might be a good topic on it's own?

I don't get why most people on here are on a Pedersen bashing mission.

He's been a good servant for the club and has always seemed to show his appreciation to the fans at the end of every game he plays.

To me this is important. If a player at the end of a home game comes over to the blackburn end to show their appreciation to the fans; in my eyes this shows he likes playing for Rovers and actually respects the fans who in affect pay their salary.

Nelsen, Robinson, Dunn, Pedersen and Di santo seem to be the only players who after every game come over and clap the fans.

It always annoys me that Roberts just walks off and doesn't give the fans a second look.

But yeh, that's why the Pedersen bashing doesn't make sense to me.

Also, thinkin about respect to the fans. Before every game when the players are takin shots at Jason Brown, only Pedersen, Di Santo and McCarthy seem to be the only players who wait and see if the fan they just hit with a wayward shot is actually alright. All the others just seem not to care. I suppose you could claim its down to being "focused" but lets face it, a wave or a thumbs up just to say sorry is hardly goin to brake anyones concentration.

• Backroom

Someone on the Hull thread said Junior went over to the Rovers fans after the game yesterday.

Jason roberts always seems to have a chip on his shoulder if he hasn't scored but maybe it's just his desire to win.

For all of his bad points, EHD seems to make a point of coming over to the fans.

Of course they don't make them like the Meastro anymore, a highlight of any win would be waiting for Tugay to come over to the BBE at the end, same with Tim Flowers, anyone remember his running jump after any win, he even started teasing it and building up to it.

Good times.

For all of his bad points, EHD seems to make a point of coming over to the fans.

especially if your in the bolton end...he aint a rover @ heart.

Of course they don't make them like the Meastro anymore, a highlight of any win would be waiting for Tugay to come over to the BBE at the end, same with Tim Flowers, anyone remember his running jump after any win, he even started teasing it and building up to it.

Good times.

true

Fair point Abbey, at the Reebok Diouf showed he still has an affinity for Bolton and them for him, I could see him back there.

Give him a break, Bolton fans are probably about the only fans in the entire world that don't boo Diouf whenever he comes into contact with a football ball, so you can understand if he has an affinity to them. As much as he might deny it, every player likes to be cheered on by the fans, not booed, so it's not surprising that he would show his appreciation to the fans that do support him (or have in the past).

Fair point Abbey, at the Reebok Diouf showed he still has an affinity for Bolton and them for him, I could see him back there.

I remember a certain Matt Jansen doing a lap round Ewood as a Bolton player to a rousing ovation. Maybe we could give Diouf similar credit for caring at all.

On the Peds question, he does get stick for a lack of effort at times but even without his goals, if he put a shift in every week he'd be a firm fans favourite. Plus his long throws are getting tedious. Delap he ain't!

I think its important that players have that bond with the fans. And we as fans shouldnt forget it. Its not the decisive factor in making up our minds about the player but it can help sway it over or under, depending on what happens on the pitch.

Pedersen the servant of Rovers, I have nothing against. He has always TRIED his best and he has been with us for a long time now. But the player has not shown anything on the pitch for 2-3 years now Id safely say. I dont know where it went. His set piece accuracy, his shooting power, his confidence, all gone.

• Backroom

Wait a second I didn't say anything bad about Diouf, I just mentioned he obviously has an affinity for them still. In fact I gave Diouf credit rather than the opposite.

Archived