BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats what i thought, but then arnt Pensioners and Seniors the same thing :s

ah well il be on un paid leave while im out there so il get the unemployed tickets

You have to prove that you're unemployed. I have a Seniors card, but I'm not in receipt of a pension. Anyone over 60 and not working more than a certain number of hours can get one.

Yeah I've just gone with Rovers Supporter Area for all three games. Missus is coming along to the first and last, going solo for the middle game.

I thought about getting a seat on the wing, but couldn't go past sitting with passionate Rovers fans.

will tickets be able to be bought on the day does anyone know?

my plan is atm to fly out to melbourne spend 5 days there before flying to sydney spend a week there and then onto perth spend 2 weeks there and fly back from perth, all flights including internal comes to £1250,

think thats what im leaning towards atm

my plan is atm to fly out to melbourne spend 5 days there before flying to sydney spend a week there and then onto perth spend 2 weeks there and fly back from perth, all flights including internal comes to £1250,

That sounds pretty cheap.

Melbourne is awesome - I think you'll love it. St Kilda's my favourite area as it's where the beach is, but the weather's a bit rubbish at the moment and it's also quite far from the city center. The tram system is really good here though (much more reliable than our underground), so I'd probably recommend staying somewhere central as it'll be easiest to get around from there.

If you have enough time, I'd definitely suggest trekking up the Great Ocean Road. I spent a week along there and it's stunning. That was a few months ago when the weather was better, so I was able to sleep on the beach most nights. But there are quite a few hostels along the way that you could crash in. That was definitely my most memorable experience during my time here...

Pensioners and unemployed maybe?

I think Singapore Airlines are offering some decent fairs from London. They also do the Airbus on the Singapore to Australia leg of the journey, which is a fair bit more comfortable than the usual 747/777 - I find it really makes a difference on a 20+ hour flight.

Just trying to be helpful on flight choice since I've done both routes not too long ago. Singapore airlines now fly A380s on both London-Singapore and Singapore-Sydney. There are 2 A380 and 1 777-300ER flight on London-Singapore daily, while Singapore-Sydney uses the A380 on the evening flight. Day flights are on the 777-300 (might be refurbished) and 777-300ER. No more 747 on both routes, thank god because the product in economy was getting dated. In any case, the 777-300ER flights are also pretty comfortable and would be my personal preference.

Ok now my turn to rant. Absolutely gutted because I'm most likely going to be in Canberra for work until 23 July. Given that the first game is on 25 July, can any kind soul advise if I could make it to the game, and then back to Canberra and fly out back to Singapore that night? I have to depart from Canberra because of the ticket booking and I cannot get it changed to a Sydney departure. Sighs. I know this is a long shot, but I just have to ask. So near yet so very far. :(

Vyeo, it's about 3 or so hours drive to Canberra. The Eastern Distributor (motorway)passes the SFS and that joins the M/F5 and gives a direct link to Canberra.

You could fly, Sydney Airport is only about 20 minutes from the SFS.

I'm surprised the airline you are flying with won't let you change your flight, it might cost a few $$$, but they should let you.

Best of luck.

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. 3 hours is quite a long drive. I'll have to check with the person who does the ticket booking, but the problem is that the ticket is fully paid for by my office, and therefore I cannot offer to top up to change it to fly out of Sydney as its an official trip. I guess I'll end up missing the game, but nevermind, it'll make me more determined to return to Ewood again.

booking tonight,

leave London on th 15th July to Kuala Lumpur will have 3 nights there and then onto Melbourne on the 19th July,

will spend 4/5 days in Melbourne before flying to Sydney,

23/24th ish July till 2nd August il spend in Sydney before making my way up the east coast to Carins,

and then i will fly back to Kuala Lumpur from the gold coast on 19th August,

from there will go onto see abit of Asia for 2 weeks few islands Singapore maybe Bangkok,

then fly back to London on the 4th September!

ah its all coming together!!

If you can, then I'd avoid Singapore. Stupidly hot and humid, yet utterly soulless. The only thing going for it is that you can get cheap electronic goods there. Did I mention that its so humid you're almost underwater?

Go back via Hong Kong if you can.. Its great.

Got our match tickets sorted out now, only in the Rovers supporters area for first game, as its far cheaper elsewhere

going to be flying back out of kuala lumpur as its cheapest way iv found,

did you order the tickets online? and just going to collect them there?

Its really really easy, go onto www.ticketek.com.au and then they send them through as PDF files so you can print your own.

yeh the link on that link is the place i been looking at the tickets for the games,

i emailed them asking them if they do a 3 match package in the Rovers end like they do in other areas and they said no!

just want to really want to know if i can book all three days in the rovers end in one transaction but don’t know whether i can :s

thinking about just getting the tickets when im out there,

Archived