BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

Background info - there is basically no segregation in Australia, certainly not at The Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

Once your in you can do a full lap of the ground & go virtually anywhere,there's no walls or barriers sepearating each secton off.

It's only the stewards who control where you sit.

But as I say that might only be the case in Brisbane so I'm hoping that some Sydney FC fans can answer this one...

How well is the seating actually policed?

Is the stadium set up like at Suncorp stadium where you just walk all the way round the ground and sit basically wherever you want (even though you may be officially allocated a different seat)?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking to get a 'tournament' pass but it's not for the specific Rovers end.

Will the stewards even bother about this?

If we just turn up in all our Rovers gear (but not with a specific Rovers bay seat) the Stewards aren't gunna say "sorry mate you can't sit here" are they?

I know they wouldn't in Bris, but is it a similar sort of set up down there?

How big is the SFS & what sort of gates are expected?

I think it holds around 50,000 doesn't it?

Would be surprised if gates are much over 20-25,000

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you have to book you tickets a day at a time ?

or can you select all three and pay in one go?

I booked and paid for all at the same time, once you have booked one match you just click on "Select More" or "Add More" and then go and get tickets for the other match, then do it again (!) and you're done.

Bit silly there wasn't a three match Rovers ticket without the other games but I think this tournament is aimed at neutrals who will get 3 hours of football for a good price.

Background info - there is basically no segregation in Australia, certainly not at The Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

Once your in you can do a full lap of the ground & go virtually anywhere,there's no walls or barriers sepearating each secton off.

It's only the stewards who control where you sit.

But as I say that might only be the case in Brisbane so I'm hoping that some Sydney FC fans can answer this one...

How well is the seating actually policed?

Is the stadium set up like at Suncorp stadium where you just walk all the way round the ground and sit basically wherever you want (even though you may be officially allocated a different seat)?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking to get a 'tournament' pass but it's not for the specific Rovers end.

Will the stewards even bother about this?

If we just turn up in all our Rovers gear (but not with a specific Rovers bay seat) the Stewards aren't gunna say "sorry mate you can't sit here" are they?

I know they wouldn't in Bris, but is it a similar sort of set up down there?

How big is the SFS & what sort of gates are expected?

I think it holds around 50,000 doesn't it?

Would be surprised if gates are much over 20-25,000

I've got 2 tickets in the Sydney end and just in case picked up 2 in the Rovers end too. Will probably be able to get 3 mates to come with me though so will see who gets the short straw and sits with the Sydney fans for the Rovers game!

John,

I've sent you a reply via messenger.

Also trying to find out if there's a tournament ticket for "away" fan as I would think the Rangers fan (who I've heard will be there in decent numbers) would want that option too.

Now to work out what the pre-game pub will be.....

Edit: SteB, I have from Wednesday of the AEK game to the weekend off. :o

I've heard there is a chance of an open training session.

Eurosport maybe ?

Cheers, will have to keep a lookout for anything here in SA. Hopefuly, they will show the tournament on tv

apologies if this has been mentioned already, but does anybody know if the games will be on tv?

There may also be a TV deal for the four-team event although that is still being negotiated, said the promoters. All three match days will be double-headers.

And the pre-game pub will be????

I think we're waiting for a volunteer to suggest a time and place. I volunteer Sydney Rover for the job :D

Also, will people be going to the other game first?

There may also be a TV deal for the four-team event although that is still being negotiated, said the promoters. All three match days will be double-headers.

The games are live on Fox Sports 3 over here (for anyone unfortunate to be 'here' and not 'there') so I reckon a deal is likely.

:rover: just found out wiggys on his way there,the guy who made the film of the africans playing in the rovers shirts :brfcsmilie::rolleyes:

Yes he's in NZ at the moment and gets here on 24th. He is probably going to be doing some filming for the club, possibly...

OK I figured this is what we should do; make the pre game the Fox and Lion. I would of suggested another place but they wouldn't appreciate a group of Northerners drinking too hard and singing. I won't be at the pub for the first game as Sydney FC play at 12:45 but I'll meet you at the ground.

Anyone who wants to suggest times to meet up just post it here, the ground is only 10 minutes walk (if that), from the ground so take that into account.

Also anyone interested in having a few drinks and lunch the day before?

Archived