BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to make of that performance. First 15 minutes we were woeful, but after that it wasn't too bad, given the circumstances of travelling,Rangers having a couple of extra days together and the poor pitch (apart from the lack of a goalscorer which we already realise is a big issue).

Rangers played their absolute first eleven (with the possible exception of Whittaker) and I can think of at least 4 Rovers players who weren't on the park but would be in our probable first choice side (Samba, Nelson, Ollsen, Kalinic -possibly others too).Let us not forget that they are a champion team and have a winning mentality - witness their players surrounding the ref when he gave our penalty.

Living in Glasgow I'm gonna get plenty of stick at work tomorrow but we've got two more goes at Scottish opposition, with the main one for me being Celtic, as my missus and her family support them. I hope we play our strongest team that day!

The commentary on Fox Sports was among the most biased I have ever heard. As if Mark Bosnich (who clearly has a grudge against BFS) wasn't enough, they then dragged Craig Moore (ex Rangers captain) in to announce that "Rangers have dominated this game"...###### Craig. First 15 minutes yes, but it was fairly even afterwards and the 2-1 scoreline was probably a fair reflection of the game.

Finally, Jason Roberts should hang his head in shame at being outmuscled by a geriatric.

I am sorry but Rangers are a lot worse off than we are off the pitch wise and yet a team they put out easily beat Rovers.

There appears to be something missing from the middle of the team and a lack of creativity and spark is worrying.

Roberts cant find his shooting boots.

MGP appears to have gone awol.

Hoilett still cant create the football his apparent ability can create.

The midfield dept is awful.

The defence are scattered.

thats just for starters.

We havent even mentioned the SA strop episode.

I can live with the jet lag, I can accept defeat, what I cant accept is a lack of effort to justify the wages.

I am sorry but Rangers are a lot worse off than we are off the pitch wise and yet a team they put out easily beat Rovers.

Agreed (partly)

Off the field Rangers do have major financial issues, yes, but the fact is this was their absolute strongest team. Scratch beneath the surface of that and they don't have much, which I guess is the point I was trying to make - had they had 3 or 4 injuries like we did they would have been much weaker than us. As it was, I don't think they beat us easily at all, bar the first 15 minutes. The Rangers fans I've spoken to think they played WELL.....which might give us an idea of their expectations? (Whatever we may think of Rovers' shortcomings, could you objectively look at that game and say that either team played well?)

I just don't think we can take too much from that game, other than what we already know (and is glaringly obvious) about lack of striker(s).

if we had played all our pre season games at Ewood, then we would be in much better shape. We know how awful we are away, so no surprise at the results. However, there must really be something wrong at the moment.

Woke up just before my alarm went off, decided to go back to bed as i just had this feeling we wouldn't put in a performance, reading this thread and receiving a few text messages it looks like this was the case.

It wasn't as bad as some are making out mate. Pretty much what you would expect under the circumstances.

We do desperately need a striker though.

From listening to 5 live through BBC World Service on the radio AM band at 2:30am on Sunday mornings in Sydney with Stuart Hall's score updates to first time watching Rovers live in 15 years of supporting us! I can die happy...

got shirt signed by Bert too...really nice chap stayed back for 30mins post game signing autographs and photo requests on the sideline

one day.....EWOOD PARK...one day!

No, we had a pretty small contingent down one end of the ground. Unfortunately I was seated with the neutrals so I couldn't join in, but the rovers supporters did make a bit of noise at times.

I watched the Sydney game in the cove and then the Rovers game in the Rovers end. I'm planning on doing the same for the AEK game too.

Singing was good behind the goal, but we needed a few more fans in there. I reckon Rangers outnumbered us about 20:1

Met Samba after the game and he said he wouldn't play on Wednesday. He said his injury wasn't serious though.

We havent even mentioned the SA strop episode.

Sorry I have been away a while and I know this is not the right place for this but I have looked for more info on this. Can someone enlighten me or point me in the right direction to get morte info on this

Did Big Sam run over Bozzy's cat?

He's basically spent the last 90 minutes stating how poor we are and how great Grella is. Apparantly Grella has a great passing range on both feet, since them saying that he's made two of the worst passes I've ever seen!!

Just get the feeling now that big Sam is so annoyed with the current situation at Rovers that he'd probably like to be sacked and get away from this current situation.

By him trying to set his team up with just three defenders and two attackers when the attackers have very few goals in them anyway looks to be a real recipe for disaster.

Sorry I have been away a while and I know this is not the right place for this but I have looked for more info on this. Can someone enlighten me or point me in the right direction to get morte info on this

According to Insiderover and then Nixon, SA had a fit after the PNE game, along the lines of back me or sack me. Which lead to the speculation about Heskey being our number 1 target.

Hot news for you

Big Sam was in a furious rage after the game on Tuesday and offered his resignation unless certain conditions are met. These conditions include funds from whomever is in charge of the club and a guarantee over his personal position in the uncertainty.

The manager spoke to several board members before making the offer to leave the club if no assurances were given.

This story is live and real.

I hope he doesnt leave well certainly not in cloudy situations like these.

Found it for you USA.

Unfortunately I had to leave the match early ( and I missed dunny's goal :( ) so I didn't get the opportunity to meet any of the players... I can't make the next two matches, but does anyone know if we're having any open training sessions? If I get a photo with big fat sam for my facebook profile i'll be a happy man :)

Unfortunately I had to leave the match early ( and I missed dunny's goal :( ) so I didn't get the opportunity to meet any of the players... I can't make the next two matches, but does anyone know if we're having any open training sessions? If I get a photo with big fat sam for my facebook profile i'll be a happy man :)

Somebody posted a few days ago that, Yes, there will be an open training session but you'll have to wait for the communication to come out, for times, location, etc.,

Archived