BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

Guest Kamy100

Bosnich really has it in for Rovers and Big Sam, he has been scathing.

Bosnich does have a point but there seems to be real venom behind his comments. Any idea why he hates us so much?

I think that he has a problem with Big Sam, possibly Sam rejected him when he was a player.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bosnich does have a point but there seems to be real venom behind his comments. Any idea why he hates us so much?

I think it's just because we have been that bad and there's nothing personal. We're getting a footballing lesson!

I'm still not worried as pre season means sod all in the grand scheme of things.

What mistakes?

10th place finish.

How many points did we pick up after changing things in the 2nd half and put another forward on? How many times did we go in at half time losing with one up front?

I think it's just because we have been that bad and there's nothing personal. We're getting a footballing lesson!

I'm still not worried as pre season means sod all in the grand scheme of things.

im not sure I agree with this comment. We fielding quite a strong line up, so its not like we testing a few players out every game. Going into the season on the back of a poor pre season, is not the ideal preperation and you would like to see us head into the 1st game with a bit of confidence. We lacking the obvious, ie striker/s and crative midfielder, but because we are skint, we have to make do with what we have. These are games the guys, especially the likes of Chimbonda, Jacobsen, Grella and whoever are on the fringes need to prove that they worth a start. If they are not bothered, because its pre season only, then they will most likely still be on the fringes come the start of the season. Put the effort in, and you will be rewarded, if you want to be lazy and not interested, then Sam will take note of this.

How many points did we pick up after changing things in the 2nd half and put another forward on? How many times did we go in at half time losing with one up front?

I don't think we got any actually...

You could argue though, that we did play at Ewood with 1 up front as well, and came away with the points.

What is interesting, is that our pre season games have been away from Ewood, which based on last seasons results, and based on pre season results is about right. Our away form is still shocking

• Backroom

Appalling stuff on show, we drastically need to improve as I couldn't see us beating anyone right now :S

If Roberts starts this season we deserve everything we get

• Backroom

Game over, Jones being the only positive really, apart from further proof that we can't go into the season without more additions

While pre-season has been pretty crap football wise, the second half was much better today. As they say, it's pre-season. Nothing can be decided regarding Rovers league position now.

Jonesy is Superman!

Oh come off it. I can't believe this has started already. We finished tenth because of the tactics we used last year, not in-spite of.

Virtually every successful team in top leagues/international football play one up front.

We need to alter how we adopt the approach because it's a little bit too direct at times, but the idea of one up front is absolutely the right way to go.

Pompey at home anyone?

One example. Well done.

There were hardly any times it happened, it's just the few examples stick in the mind of those that struggle to comprehend modern 4-5-1 systems.

Archived