BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

Well cheers to you Steven!!!

You got a decent photo of my boy ... he's the one who walked out with Dunny for the Athens game .. my camera was sh1te but you got a cracker so thankyou very much!

Great stuff!

mattyc2422 I was using a Canon DIGITAL IXUS 200 IS.

Very glad we won last night. I don't think I'd have ever lived it down if we hadn't!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main thing is that we finished above Rangers.......I simply could NOT have handled it if we had finished below them!!!

Couldn't agree more Fife, it gives me something to defend myself with in Scotland's biggest city. Wish we'd played them third rather than first.

BRING ON THE CELTIC :)

From what Allardyce said after the game they'd happily make the trip again next pre-season if invited.

Better start saving the pennies.

That would be too good to be true ...

I know that next season, they're going to invite another A-League team. You would think Melbourne Victory would be the logical ones. Hence, it leaves only two spots for international teams.

Was brilliant seeing so many Rovers shirts around in Sydney and meeting so many of the fans from both here and abroad.

Was brilliant seeing so many Rovers shirts around in Sydney and meeting so many of the fans from both here and abroad.

Yeah it was great meeting people both from around Oz and from abroad - as I said to a few blokes, it was good to know that I'm not the only Aussie that wakes up at 3am to watch Rovers vs Hull or similar! Keen to meet up again at some point to watch some Rovers matches.

It was great to see Rovers in Sydney and great to share a few beers with a quite a few of you on here. I'm glad I made it around to the Rovers end for the second half of the Sydney match. It was a good laugh and the Aussies i dragged along with me have been taking the p!ss out of me since for my resounding rendition of "Burnley fans eat bananas with their feet". I reckon Matt will also remember it as he was stood directly in front of me as i belted it out.

Huge respect to all those who travelled from he UK, and yes, go on then, also to those that travlled from elsewhere in Australia :lol:

It was great to see Rovers in Sydney and great to share a few beers with a quite a few of you on here. I'm glad I made it around to the Rovers end for the second half of the Sydney match. It was a good laugh and the Aussies i dragged along with me have been taking the p!ss out of me since for my resounding rendition of "Burnley fans eat bananas with their feet". I reckon Matt will also remember it as he was stood directly in front of me as i belted it out.

Huge respect to all those who travelled from he UK, and yes, go on then, also to those that travlled from elsewhere in Australia :lol:

Share a few beers? I think it's your shout next time mate!!! I'll show you were the bar is as you seemed reluctant to go...

The "Blackburn End" was the only place to be - we had a three game pass for on the side but swiftly relocated ourselves to behimd the goal for the whole of the tournamnet. Was great to get the vocal chords throbbing again & to really get behind the Rovers.

My boy Ben picked up some new songs but I have to keep pulling him up when he asks "what do you think of Burnley..?"

See link below for some of my photos

Up close & personal with Mr Nelsen - my second half companion for the AEK game

Also photos of the boy in the players lounge after AEK

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

I saw Mr and Mrs Birdy with their away tops on at Ciruclar Quay on the Saturday dinner time. THATS what you call comittment! :blink:

I also saw the Rovers squad out for a stroll at the same spot later in the afternoon. I tried to be cool about it but my Mrs collared David Dunn much to my horror! He was an absolute gent and had a chat and a photo before dashing off to catch up with the rest of the squad.

A top bloke.

Share a few beers? I think it's your shout next time mate!!! I'll show you were the bar is as you seemed reluctant to go...

The "Blackburn End" was the only place to be - we had a three game pass for on the side but swiftly relocated ourselves to behimd the goal for the whole of the tournamnet. Was great to get the vocal chords throbbing again & to really get behind the Rovers.

My boy Ben picked up some new songs but I have to keep pulling him up when he asks "what do you think of Burnley..?"

http://img690.imageshack.us/g/sdc11089h.jpg/

Can somebody PM me here with the best way to get photos onto the message board as this ImageShack doesn't seem the right/best way of doing things...

It was a good laugh and the Aussies i dragged along with me have been taking the p!ss out of me since for my resounding rendition of "Burnley fans eat bananas with their feet". I reckon Matt will also remember it as he was stood directly in front of me as i belted it out.

I certainly remember it - worked a treat. Also remember Matt from Melbourne is a skinny white ######, or words to that effect!

Let me know if you are ever in Melbourne and we'll grab a beer mate.

That second link worked, John. Some good photos in there. Diouf is a sharply dressed individual! Was great to have a beer with you too matey.

http://img690.imageshack.us/g/sdc11089h.jpg/

Can somebody PM me here with the best way to get photos onto the message board as this ImageShack doesn't seem the right/best way of doing things...

Nice photos John. Very good!!!

Did he pick up the "You go down on your mother" chant that you launched at the Burnley fans. Might be a bit tricky explaining that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunaly there are 6 games kicking off at 3pm this saturday in Premier League. Foxtel have a main game and 4 others with are accessible via the 'red button'. Unfortunately for all of us over here the only game that kicks-off at 3pm which is not being shown here is, yep, you've guessed it, Birmingham V Rovers.

I can only assume that they think the following games are more attractive propositions...

Arsenal v Blackpool, 15:00

Everton v Wolverhampton, 15:00

Stoke v Tottenham, 15:00

West Brom v Sunderland, 15:00

West Ham v Bolton, 15:00

I'm off to the Blue Mountains this weekend so i'll not be around for a beer. Hope you have a great trip to Sydney.

Unfortunaly there are 6 games kicking off at 3pm this saturday in Premier League. Foxtel have a main game and 4 others with are accessible via the 'red button'. Unfortunately for all of us over here the only game that kicks-off at 3pm which is not being shown here is, yep, you've guessed it, Birmingham V Rovers.

I can only assume that they think the following games are more attractive propositions...

Arsenal v Blackpool, 15:00

Everton v Wolverhampton, 15:00

Stoke v Tottenham, 15:00

West Brom v Sunderland, 15:00

West Ham v Bolton, 15:00

I'm off to the Blue Mountains this weekend so i'll not be around for a beer. Hope you have a great trip to Sydney.

That's interesting .. Foxtel is advertising they are showing all 380 games this season .. wonder how they justify that. Unless they are showing our game the next day on a replay.

• 5 months later...

I know it's a bit late but only just worked out how to do this.

click here for photo's

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/BennLeigh/Rovers%20In%20Sydney%202010/

Interesting to see how many people have left since then...

You can also spot Steve Kean lurking in the background on one of the photos - didn't have a clue who he was then & never bothered asking for his photo!!!

Beware - some of the snaps are duplicated - but not too many

Enjoy - we did!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Wen Y Hu

'Scuse me while I borrow the thread - mind you, if some of you get yer kit on, the thread title could be appropriate... Anyway, I'm passing through Sydney next week and will be there from Monday afternoon through Tuesday lunch. Just wondering if anyone is around in Sydney for a meet-up? Send me a PM or post something here.

Archived