BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who needs a new striker when we have Gamst?

Sam was very pleased with Pedersen's goal. Have a feeling Pedersen may feature up front early on in the season especially with Niko injured.

Steady on boys, we're playing an A-League team - that's probably League 1 standard at best.

And he's been offside more times than Benni ..... ;)

• Backroom

The goal was the fault of Hanley, he's been awful today looks very clumsy.

He is young though and will learn but at present looks light years away from the first team.

People like to criticise Chimbonda but he hasn't done much right nor wrong.

The goal was the fault of Hanley, he's been awful today looks very clumsy.

He is young though and will learn but at present looks light years away from the first team.

People like to criticise Chimbonda but he hasn't done much right nor wrong.

Looked to me that Hanley had to move right because Chimbonda let a player drift in between Hanley and him. Hanley has been shaky but I think Chimbonda deserves some of the blame for that goal.

Pedersen as our starting striker next season? Must be a joke.

I think we can safely say Bunn will be number 2 and that Brown is now on his way out of the club, surplus to requirement.

Again, todays game emphasises the requirement for extra firepower.

Now, after a long journey home Sam can concentrate on bringing in players, ridding the club of players such as Zurab, Brown, Chimbonda and Grella and getting some sort of decent side on the pitch at Hearts next Saturday.

Am now looking forward to a forage into bonnie jockland next weekend.

But with his goal against burnley at home, will be a legend for ever more :tu:

He's exempt from criticism for 3 years, unless he scores an own goal against, or signs for, Burnley in the meantime.

Thems the rules.

Interesting that none of you have mentioned Emerton. He was definitely my MOM, at least from my vantage point and not just because he scored the first goal. And, I'm not sure where any of you lot were but for the most part, I felt like I was the only person shouting support in our section (Gate 35) row L. Hope those who came from interstate enjoyed the whole experience though... not the best time of year to visit Sydney but at least the rain held off.

The support down the Rovers end last night was definitely the best of the whole tournament. Probably partially because of the 5 Burnley fans sitting nearby (who were eventually moved on around the 70 minute mark). Seemed to be alot of Rovers fans sitting on the sides, perhaps due to the "whole tournament" pass?

Good win though. Agree that Emmo was good last night - was a constant threat. Thought Olsson was pretty good and Diouf played a good Diouf game.

MGP hung around after the game to meet some of the remaining fans.

The support down the Rovers end last night was definitely the best of the whole tournament. Probably partially because of the 5 Burnley fans sitting nearby (who were eventually moved on around the 70 minute mark). Seemed to be alot of Rovers fans sitting on the sides, perhaps due to the "whole tournament" pass?

Good win though. Agree that Emmo was good last night - was a constant threat. Thought Olsson was pretty good and Diouf played a good Diouf game.

MGP hung around after the game to meet some of the remaining fans.

More photos from last night's game: http://cid-048695e1005ffb51.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=48695E1005FFB51!2672&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

Much better performance from the lads on the pitch but would of been nice if they went down behind the Rovers end at the end of the match to at least thank the support, especially as some came all the way from Blackburn for it!

The guy with the painted face - no idea who he was but he sounded like he had a proper Blackburn accent.\\He was there again for the Sydney game.

Will get my photo's on as soon as.

What a great occassion and many thanks go out to the enlightened people at Ewood for spreading the Rovers gospel far and wide.

More photos from last night's game: http://cid-048695e1005ffb51.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=48695E1005FFB51!2672&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

Much better performance from the lads on the pitch but would of been nice if they went down behind the Rovers end at the end of the match to at least thank the support, especially as some came all the way from Blackburn for it!

Well cheers to you Steven!!!

You got a decent photo of my boy ... he's the one who walked out with Dunny for the Athens game .. my camera was sh1te but you got a cracker so thankyou very much!

I had an awesome night at the game. Travelled up from Melbourne with my brother and caught both games. Lots of empty seats so we wandered about and watched from different angles after staying in the Blackburn end for the first half.

Got down to the side where the team was sitting and got a photo with Samba (which really made my day) and got to see the players and the coaches up close.

Seeing Salgado up close in action was incredible. Whatever we're paying him, it's worth it.

It was a really nice experience seeing all the players and I feel really good about next season, my only concern is the lack of strikers.

Caught a glimpse of Jason Brown as he headed for the tunnel after the game, and he looked pretty deflated. Great performance from Bunn in goal so Brown will surely be leaving or having very limited chances. Kinda felt sorry for him!

Thought it was a good performance, but my attention wandered a lot - too many things happening around me including the fan banter with the burnley fans, kids sitting behind Sam chanting and trying to get his attention, and the younger players doing their warm ups on the side.

All in all - very happy and looking forward to next season!!

How on earth did we finish 2nd in that league after losing two games. Infact, I don't care but I wish the Premier League were like that :lol:

The main thing is that we finished above Rangers.......I simply could NOT have handled it if we had finished below them!!!

Archived