BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Newington College today to watch them train only to find out they weren't there.

Sorry Dave I tried my luck anyway.

People at the school suggested they were training at Sydney Football Stadium.

Went to Sydney Football Stadium to watch them train only to find out that they weren't there.

Decided to head to Bondi as they were there on Monday only to find out they weren't there either.

Went to Bondi Icebergs for a nice chicken schnitzel instead. Success at last!

Lets hope when I go to the ground tomorrow night they turn up, as its probably fair to say they didn't on Sunday!

Steven you said "Watching them train though, you do get a very good indication of the groups and also who wants to be there and who doesnt!" - which players are you referring to ?

Where was the Rangers/Sydney trouble? - it all looked fairly peaceful as i was leaving.

Fair play to those who have come over from England, especially given it's winter here. Let's hope the lads give us a decent performance on Wed as they were poor on Sunday

Grella warmed up on his own behind the goals during the game. Looked like he either had to fart and needed to do it away from the rest of the subs, or was just ignorant. He was also largely on his own in the training on Monday too.

Also Keef had a face like a smacked arse on Sunday and also on Monday he was just sat there listening to his ipod in another world. Not much of a team player from what I could see.

Roberts looked in a bit of a bad way walking around without shoes on but he might just like the socks and sandles look?!

The Rangers Sydney trouble was behind the goals at the start of the match as a kid was waving a Celtic shirt around and goading the Rangers fans with it. Surprise surprise he got a reaction and a few were thrown out by stewards. Storm in a teacup but hopefully he leaves the shirt at home tomorrow. I don't think he expected to get clouted for it though!

The Rangers Sydney trouble was behind the goals at the start of the match as a kid was waving a Celtic shirt around and goading the Rangers fans with it. Surprise surprise he got a reaction and a few were thrown out by stewards. Storm in a teacup but hopefully he leaves the shirt at home tomorrow. I don't think he expected to get clouted for it though!

It kicked off a bit before that.

And those Rangers fans will be next to us for the next two games, it shall be fun. :rock:

I’ve just lost a whole Friday from my life and I do not know if I should be disappointed or amazed. Technically, I’m one day older down here than I am at home. And that’s not easy, and if you don’t believe me you can try yourself to be older than you are! But luckily I get that day back when we go home again. Because we travel on Thursday and lands on Thursday.. 24 hours later. Then I know that I will be happy since I will have my day back and I will be as young as I actually am!

Nice one Mort!

I love that first picture. It's brilliant.

That should be our team photo for the forthcoming season.

Do you happen to have a bigger picture of the first one?

I set it as the background on my computer. It was good. Very real, not fake posing from the players.

Its been pi55ing it down all day. Will be a very wet pitch. Like an english summer's day!

Not wrong there, though the upside is that it's supposed to fine up over the next few days. The temp is due to hit the dizzy heights of 20c tomorrow.

The beer at the Lord Nelson was wet too :D

Good to see some faces that I haven't seen for years, including the Groobster.

Guest Kamy100

Rovers playing 4-5-1. Jones and Hanley at the back. Roberts up front on his own.

Stadium is almost empty!

Archived