BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tour De France Drama

Similarly here. Don't know about Coventry but it could be pertinent that the vast majority of our Taxi drivers are of IndoPak origin. I use them all the time and accepting it's usually late nights they do appear to drive to a different set of rules on occasion. I prefer to sit in the front and I have plenty of craic with them on all sorts of topics but I am endlessly bollocking them for a. driving too fast b. continually cutting corners and c. not bothering to slow down or avoid the likes of hedgehogs and rabbits caught in the headlights. Overcharging doesn't seem to be the issue that it used to be unless I've been put on some "don't try it with him or his kids" blacklist.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Froome is as British as John Barnes, KP, Trott,Greg Rusesomethingski,Lennox Lewis ,Laura Barnes and Zola Budd.

Good win though.

You mean the Lennox Lewis that was born in London?

If in your heart you want to represent Britain, that'll do for me. This logic states that Terry Butcher, The Duke of Wellington, Mo Farah, Joanna Lumley, Richard the Lionheart, Freddie Mercury, George Orwell and Richard Curtis are all fakes too.

Sir Chris Froome. I very much doubt it'll happen. Shame.

Ii won't happen this year but I don't see why not in a few years if he keeps being successful. Bradley Wiggins already had a cupboard full of olympic medals before his knighthood last year.

Guest Norbert

I think that Quintana would be a major contender in the coming years (for the major races, not to be knighted). He climbed like a beast most of the time and it was his 1st tour. Contador may hang around for a couple of years, but will be flushed down the pan.

Assuming that everyone will be clean (yeah I know), there could be some interesting battles. Wiggins, Froome, Quintana, Nibali, Valverde, Cavendish Sagan, Greipel and Kittel could all compete for the various jerseys for quite a few years.

I liked Quintana, came across as a decent bloke and one hell of a rider for his age. Contador is a prat and his doping scandal from a few years ago does him no favours.

I imagine Froome and Sky will dominate for the next few years, they are a cut above the rest. I don't imagine Wiggins will ever play second fiddle to Froome which he'd have to if he were to stay in Sky so he'll be off to another team next year. Would be nice to see Wiggo win the Tour of Britain in Team Sky colours before he moves on though.

Archived