BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Traffic Jam Fears For Everton Game

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The changes have come about following a legal action brought by Wigan Athletic owner, the former Rovers player Dave Whelan.

Sorry am I supposed to be a mind reader? Why include such a reference without explanation?

Dave Whelan causes traffic chaos at Rovers games.... well done Tom, a short career awaits you at the LET when you leave school.

The changes have come about following a legal action brought by Wigan Athletic owner, the former Rovers player Dave Whelan.

Sorry am I supposed to be a mind reader? Why include such a reference without explanation?

Dave Whelan causes traffic chaos at Rovers games.... well done Tom, a short career awaits you at the LET when you leave school.

Did Whelan not have a big court battle with the Lancs/Man constabulary?, overcharging or something, why that affects us I don't know, maybe the police cut backs (overtime Etc.) just mean they don't have the man power. Championship local sides both away, or are we just trying to reduce policing costs?.

We usually use the Aqueduct car park. Can anyone confirm that the usual entrance (just before Thwaites Theatre) will not be open this year? This will means that hundreds of extra cars will have to go round the one way loop to enter at the Albion Road entrance which seems a strange decision to have made.

I have always used the yard on Branch Road run by the Feniscowles School parent teachers association which is paid for by a season contract but have heard nothing from them this season.

Does anyone know whether or not they are doing it again this season? Otherwise I am struggling for parking this season.

Did Whelan not have a big court battle with the Lancs/Man constabulary?, overcharging or something, why that affects us I don't know, maybe the police cut backs (overtime Etc.) just mean they don't have the man power. Championship local sides both away, or are we just trying to reduce policing costs?.

spot on mate

spot on mate

In a nutshell the outcome of the Wigan case prompted a change in the law 2 years ago which made it unnecessary / no longer the legal responsibility of the police to direct traffic at large public events. The responsibility is now with the local Council.

The precedent for this fall-out came in 2008 when Wigan Athletic Football Club chairman Dave Whelan, a former Blackburn Rovers player, lost a court battle over policing costs for matches.

Link to LET article

More nonsense from the LET, precedent set through losing a court battle???

The reality and when the precedent was actually set from a more repuatble news organisation:

Dave Whealan WINS court battle over costs with GMP

according to ther telewag ,lots of the ewood and surrounding ares are having yellow lines painted and waiting times including :angry: GAME TIME so thats lots more less parking too. :angry2:

Stick it on Oakdale or Fernhurst, aslong as your on the estates and not on the main routes in & out - nobody will say a thing.

Archived