BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warning

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

extremely happy about the result yesterday! anybody know how i can find out the roversreturn results? i have 2 tickets that could be winners? can anyone please help?

possibly the greatest post i have seen!

And this is really a traffic hotspot when schools out ! That camera is not a safety camera its simply a money making attempt. Shocking.

Keep to the speed limit and you will be fine.

The money goes into the public pot, however if you don't wish to pay a fine, all you need to do is keep to the speed limit or not go too much above it.

I fail to see the "shocking" element here.

extremely happy about the result yesterday! anybody know how i can find out the roversreturn results? i have 2 tickets that could be winners? can anyone please help?

OT - I've emailed the club to find out. I'm always in the loo when it's announced. Stopped buying them in the end because I never saw the draw and had to email afterwards.

So you've never gone above the limits have ..I'd wager you have..your saying don't go too much above it.so your saying its ok to break the law , if you only do it by a bit?

I've never been done for speeding, and like everyone have gone above the limits, but if/when I do end up being penalised I'll only have myself to blame.

And with the speed limit there's an acceptable margin you're allowed to go above, so you'll never be penalised for going at 32mph in a 30mph zone.

I've never been done for speeding, and like everyone have gone above the limits, but if/when I do end up being penalised I'll only have myself to blame.

And with the speed limit there's an acceptable margin you're allowed to go above, so you'll never be penalised for going at 32mph in a 30mph zone.

er yes you can with the new regs ,when i was on my speeding course one of the people there had been done at 32 mph.

er yes you can with the new regs ,when i was on my speeding course one of the people there had been done at 32 mph.

No, one of the people there said he had been done at 32mph.

There are no new regulations regarding this.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/faq.html

http://www.ukspeeding.co.uk/SpeedFines.htm

http://www.keepmeontheroad.co.uk/speeding-tickets/ (website dated as 2010)

Looks like they sent you on a speeding course yet you still don't have a clue.

No, one of the people there said he had been done at 32mph.

There are no new regulations regarding this.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/faq.html

http://www.ukspeeding.co.uk/SpeedFines.htm

http://www.keepmeontheroad.co.uk/speeding-tickets/ (website dated as 2010)

Looks like they sent you on a speeding course yet you still don't have a clue.

h, so he forged his chargeSHEET ,IT SAID 32MPH ON BLACKBURN RD IN BOLTON and blagged a place on the course did he? you really talk crap at times WELL NEXT TIME I SEE ONE I WONT SAY OWT AND HOPE YOU GET PULLED FFS!!!!

h, so he forged his chargeSHEET ,IT SAID 32MPH ON BLACKBURN RD IN BOLTON and blagged a place on the course did he? you really talk crap at times WELL NEXT TIME I SEE ONE I WONT SAY OWT AND HOPE YOU GET PULLED FFS!!!!

To be honest I think you're lying. :lol:

People don't get sent on speeding courses for doing 32mph on one occasion. It just doesn't happen.

Now calm down, I know you're actually quite old but you're acting like a five year old again...

Funny really,

I various internet discussion groups about speed cameras I've always heard by the "antis" that they are not effective and that there are better ways, and that they are just gathering money.

Strangely no one has ever said why they need to exceed the speed limit. Perhaps it's just poor driving skills. I don't know.

Any takers?

Funny really,

I various internet discussion groups about speed cameras I've always heard by the "antis" that they are not effective and that there are better ways, and that they are just gathering money.

Strangely no one has ever said why they need to exceed the speed limit. Perhaps it's just poor driving skills. I don't know.

Any takers?

It's not about a "need" to speed but more what people generally do whilst driving safely. I don't NEED to swear but on occasion I do and a copper could do me for breach of the peace technically.

Now you could install a mic in every lampost and issue a fine evry time it picks up a swear word (demoltion man style) and you could ask why people feel the need to swear but that wouldn't be the point.

It's not about a "need" to speed but more what people generally do whilst driving safely. I don't NEED to swear but on occasion I do and a copper could do me for breach of the peace technically.

Now you could install a mic in every lampost and issue a fine evry time it picks up a swear word (demoltion man style) and you could ask why people feel the need to swear but that wouldn't be the point.

You can't kill a child by swearing.

I'm sure you know this too but...

Figure2.jpg

Considering kids can and do just run out into the road, an extra few mph can make all the difference. The relationship between speed and stopping distances is a disproportionate one.

I'm sorry sir but that pictogram is rubbish. It is famous (and proved by Top Gear years ago) that the "official" stopping distances in the High Way Code are based on cars from the 80s. Modern cars react much much quicker than that diagram shows. The "thinking" time is purely subjective too.

If a kid runs out of nowhere, then stopping distance is irrelevant anyway and sorry but I view that as a form natural selection/bad parent training.

This is the problem nowadays, no one wants to take responsibilty for teaching their children anything and if any harm comes to them because of it then it must be the adult's fault.

Archived