BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warning

Am I the only one that hopes those "anti camera" people get caught for speeding?

Thankfully you won't be able to nail one of my family in Australia, but you could nail one in England.

Speed if you will, but accept the consequences, which may involve a lifetime of self torture.

How will your family feel if they know you've taken someone's life by your excessive spend.

I've been fortunate to have a reasonably long life, let others have the same opportunity by obeying the law.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that hopes those "anti camera" people get caught for speeding?

Thankfully you won't be able to nail one of my family in Australia, but you could nail one in England.

Speed if you will, but accept the consequences, which may involve a lifetime of self torture.

How will your family feel if they know you've taken someone's life by your excessive spend.

I've been fortunate to have a reasonably long life, let others have the same opportunity by obeying the law.

Cane toads excepted from your sentiments I suppose Dave? :)

Safety groups oppose switching off of speed cameras.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11074113

Note the quote from Road safety minister Mike Penning.

Perhaps he could explain how the roads are going to be safer by allowing speeding drivers to get away with it; and perhaps he might also explain since when has there been "a war on the motorist" ...... a phrase also often used by Transport minister Phlilip Hammond and pro-motoring journalists ??

Cane toads don't speed. Idiots do, Especially those that have money to part with.

The only thing that stops a recalcitrant speeder is if someone dies.

Like this...... :!:

Look away if you don't want to see the dreadful effects of a hit and run.

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-photo/nickyloo/2/1248922443/squashed-cane-toad.jpg/tpod.html

Toad licking.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/genetic-warfare-is-declared-on-australias-dread-cane-toad-627353.html

JHC I posted a bit of heads up and the do gooders, the saints and do as I say not do as I do brigade start with their holier than thou bull ######! Bloody hell I will say nowt next time....GET. A LIFE FFS!

Abbey,

Yes you posted a bit of a warning but, as these threads tend to do, it got a bit diverted. I do take exception to you describing me and other posters as "holier than thou," & "do gooders."

I've got a life BTW.

I'm happy to stick to the speed limit. I went down to Bristol last weekend - almost all motorway & 200 miles. At 70mph it took me a shade under 3 hours. Exceeding the speed limit at 80 mph it would have taken me approximately 2.5 hours

Now what would those 30 minutes have got me? 25 minutes of watching TV? What's the fricking point?

I was in Stockport the other night when a boy racer overtook me and revved up to the red traffic lights.

He gained at least a second on me before the lights turned green for us to get the go ahead.

So, just to repeat the question, not specifically adressing you Abbey , why do you need to exceed the speed limit?

Any takers? Anyone?

Abbey,

Yes you posted a bit of a warning but, as these threads tend to do, it got a bit diverted. I do take exception to you describing me and other posters as "holier than thou," & "do gooders."

I've got a life BTW.

I'm happy to stick to the speed limit. I went down to Bristol last weekend - almost all motorway & 200 miles. At 70mph it took me a shade under 3 hours. Exceeding the speed limit at 80 mph it would have taken me approximately 2.5 hours

Now what would those 30 minutes have got me? 25 minutes of watching TV? What's the fricking point?

I was in Stockport the other night when a boy racer overtook me and revved up to the red traffic lights.

He gained at least a second on me before the lights turned green for us to get the go ahead.

So, just to repeat the question, not specifically adressing you Abbey , why do you need to exceed the speed limit?

Any takers? Anyone?

I'm on your side in this generally colin, however I sometimes do exceed the speed limit. Often it's because I'm running late - usually as a result of poor planning on my part though, or things holding me up during the day.

However if I get pulled up on it I wouldn't start whinging about speed cameras as I'd see it as fair game - luckily it hasn't happened yet.

Abbey,

I've got a life BTW.

Any takers? Anyone?

There is more than one answer but the main reason people drive fast is for an adrenaline rush, driving fast isnt something im interested in as I have kids now, but when I was younger yes I owned a few sporty cars which were driven for the purpose they were made. I was always very responsible and never put anyone in danger and also never have had any point's on my license or accidents.

I cant believe that you are saying that you really dont understand why people go fast, why do people own sport motorbikes? why do people race motorsports? I know a chap who raced sidecars all his life and was one of the best in the world until he had a bad accident, that doesnt stop him still feeling the need to go fast on the roads and he is 64.

Why do they do it? Well I guess they just enjoy it.

That tosh you keep coing out with about you never ever breaking the speed limit is just 1 big lie! You have been hoisted by your own petard and have exposed yourself as a big gob @#/? Colin.

I suspect you have no trip computer? If you had you'd be amazed by just how often you have to exceed the speed limit and how fast you have to 'push' through motorway traffic to average 70mph on a motorway journey.

As an example I do plenty of miles on A roads and MWays and exceed the speed limit frequently yet only on very rare occasions does my average speed ever get past 27-28 mph.

As an example I do plenty of miles on A roads and MWays and exceed the speed limit frequently yet only on very rare occasions does my average speed ever get past 27-28 mph.

That's because of the traffic lights when you have to stop at red and Colin catches you up. Q.E.D.

That tosh you keep coing out with about you never ever breaking the speed limit is just 1 big lie! You have been hoisted by your own petard and have exposed yourself as a big gob @#/? Colin.

Well, thanks for that "Gob @#/?" comment, and that you know that I break the speed limit. Actually my petard is definately un-hoisted and you are just being a little silly-billy.

Good luck to you as you drive around with some "thrust" and "torque" and "This baby has some real grunt." Or whatever you have in your driving locker.

You getting from A to B as fast as possible is the most important thing. Don't you ever worry about anything else. You are important. Just tell yourself that little mantra.

Just how many speeding fines have you avoided? I think you might tell us.

Has anyone noticed the new trend to jump traffic lights? It happens extremely regularly ( Whitebirk roundabout?). I never hear about anyone being prosecuted for it but I see many near misses.

Me... and I've commented about it frequently. Who do you see doing it most wiggy?

That's because of the traffic lights when you have to stop at red and Colin catches you up. Q.E.D.

Keep an eye ahead of you Colin.

Has anyone noticed the new trend to jump traffic lights? It happens extremely regularly ( Whitebirk roundabout?). I never hear about anyone being prosecuted for it but I see many near misses.

Gordon has been driving Miss Daisy around and they've spotted your latest trick/manoeuvre.

F**k me, you can pedal. You should get to the velodrome, you'd be round that track faster than a rat after a bag of nuts :blink:

Part of me fitness regime old chap.

If only Theno in his Audi didn't hog the outside lane I'd be there a bit quicker.

Cheers

well i was driving my wagon on thursday last week and this old bloke(jim??? ) was in the middle lane doing 40 mph ,4O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD THE WAGON ON TOP SPEED CRUISE CONTROL OF A WHOPPING 53 MPH AND THE STUPID OLD FOOL WOULDNT MOVE OVER !!! he was signalling with his hand for me to go round him on the outside!! in the outside lane!!!!!!the wagons and cars queued in both lanes and eventually someone on the inside let me back in and everyone went passed on the inside !(spank me)

well i was driving my wagon on thursday last week and this old bloke(jim??? ) was in the middle lane doing 40 mph ,4O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD THE WAGON ON TOP SPEED CRUISE CONTROL OF A WHOPPING 53 MPH AND THE STUPID OLD FOOL WOULDNT MOVE OVER !!! he was signalling with his hand for me to go round him on the outside!! in the outside lane!!!!!!the wagons and cars queued in both lanes and eventually someone on the inside let me back in and everyone went passed on the inside !(spank me)

Those sort of drivers should be caught by the police and banned from motorway driving.

Any takers? Anyone?

Or maybe you should be asking yourself why you travel at the speed you do whether it is legal or not. Would you drive at 80 if that was legal? And if so why when you were so content at 70? Why not drive at 60?

Archived