BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't be worse than me!!

Oh trust me fella i can,My Kill/Death ratio is shocking.

Had 1 game last night where i finished with 2 kills and 13 deaths.

I get too giddy when i see an enemy and just seem to shoot everywhere in the general direction but never hit my target.

In that there's no stabbing you despite taking umpteen shots to the head, and no linked killstreaks.And as yet i havnt seen any akimbo shotguns.

Knife still beats machine gun at close range, as I found out earlier - about five times in one round.

Not enjoying the multiplayer much so far. I got killed by an exploding remote control car (ridiculous) so the next time I saw one I ran up the nearest stairs. Turns out they can drive straight up the stairs too. Completely stupid.

And what's up with the leaderboards? There are people on my friends list who've played for a couple of hours and are credited with 3,000 kills.

It's completely chaotic. When I played earlier today there were 4.5 million people online on Xbox.

I think its a great game online and a lot better thought out than MW2, there are however some annoying things, all the assault rifles seem to have very poor damage.

Im up to lvl 30 now and the AUG that I loved from MW2 takes forever to kill someone, longshots seem like a thing from the past, I cant seem to get any long range kills at all unless I snipe and the knife thing really bugs me, how is it possible to get an instant knife attack when you run into someone with a gun in your hand? Whatever weapon you have in your hand should be what you hit them with when you press melee and it should'nt be an instant kill.

I like the fact that killstreak kills dont add up towards other killstreaks brcause you seem to get less people camping which makes for more open games and if you find yourself dying to much ill give you a tip, equip a silencer, use perks like ghost and ninja and when you move always use cover it makes you harder to hit and the biggest thing off all for me is to use claymores, put them down at the side of doors and move on it will eventually get someone as long as you stay alive.

Another tip is that if you like submachine guns only unlock the AK74 and the first one becasue the others are guff, im also loving the ammount of customization you can do with your tag and your gun.

Overall a very good game so far and I have'nt touched SP which I was told is amazing or zombies yet, money well spent.

Oh trust me fella i can,My Kill/Death ratio is shocking.

Had 1 game last night where i finished with 2 kills and 13 deaths.

I get too giddy when i see an enemy and just seem to shoot everywhere in the general direction but never hit my target.

No, you are definitely on par with me, I struggle to be tactical about my approach, kind of very gung-ho firing into wide open space!! I see some people have prestiged already?? I never even managed that on MW2!!

No, you are definitely on par with me, I struggle to be tactical about my approach, kind of very gung-ho firing into wide open space!! I see some people have prestiged already?? I never even managed that on MW2!!

It's all about the COD 2 for multiplayer. Carantan, Toujane etc. Timeless. IMO no other Call of Duty has ever lived up to that in multiplayer mode.

Well have been playing Black Ops for 5 hours or so and I can honestly say ..... meh. It's a lot better than MW2 (though that's not saying much) but lag is STILL a massive issue, it doesn't promote team work at all, and well, is just a bit boring (run-gun-run-gun-run-gun etc.) Deffo the last COD game I'll be buying - the Battlefield series is so, so much better IMO.

Thankfully I only paid £28 for it so should get a decent trade-in price for it against GT5 or AC:Brotherhood.

Don't believe the hype - very disappointing.

Im finding the jungle map extremely hard when I dont know the map too well.

Quite like the fact you earn coins to buy weapon extensions etc, rather than having to wait ages to unlock one you want that isnt available until you kill 200 people.

I dont see why people are saying its better than MW2 though. Online gameplay is pretty similar.

Also anyone noticed that the FAMAs (or whatever its called) is fully automatic on B/O where it was 3 round burst on MW2.

Im slightly dissapointed stopping power has been removed. This makes my favourite gun from Modern Warfare and MW2, the m16 much less effective. Used to be 1 shot kill but no longer.

Looking forward to trying out sniping but I need to learn the maps first.

Im finding the jungle map extremely hard when I dont know the map too well.

Quite like the fact you earn coins to buy weapon extensions etc, rather than having to wait ages to unlock one you want that isnt available until you kill 200 people.

I dont see why people are saying its better than MW2 though. Online gameplay is pretty similar.

Also anyone noticed that the FAMAs (or whatever its called) is fully automatic on B/O where it was 3 round burst on MW2.

Im slightly dissapointed stopping power has been removed. This makes my favourite gun from Modern Warfare and MW2, the m16 much less effective. Used to be 1 shot kill but no longer.

Looking forward to trying out sniping but I need to learn the maps first.

Dont get to exited for sniping, there really isnt any good maps to have a snipe on, a few maps you can have a do on like Havana (there is a house at either side of the map) but so many people rush, the spawns soon get over run also dont bother with the first few sniper rifles they are weak.

Call of Duty isn't a sniping game. The Death Cam sees to that.

Well it certainly does'nt help but the maps are the real killers, there isnt one map with a clear line of sight, even Havana has cars in the way, MW2 had a few maps that had some nice open spaces where you could pick off a few.

I dont usually snipe as I find it hard to control the bugger but I was going to try and get better at it in this game, looks like i'll be wanting.

Getting the perk upgrades are difficult. Like to get hardened pro you need to shoot a piece of enemy equipment through a wall. To get ghost pro you need to destroy a sentry gun........ive only seen about 1 sentry gun on the opponents team since I got the game

Archived