BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2018/22 World Cup bids

Threatening to leave FIFA and break-away.....ooooh this could get interesting!

Like the FA did with the Football League and formed the EPL

That turned out well for everyone!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threatening to leave FIFA and break-away.....ooooh this could get interesting!

They should do it, but should do it smart. Don't leave alone. Form alliances with the 'rich' nations, such as the USA (and hopefully, Spain) and leave en masse.

The objective when England leaves is not to be petulant, but to cripple FIFA while establishing a dominant rival organization.

All this is down to Lord Triesman's allegations. The longer this story goes on, the less concrete evidence there appears to be. He made a prat of himself before the bid was submitted. Now he's coming up with allegations which might be true. But it's beginning to look like his word against their's.

If England pull out - we'll suddenly find ourselves all alone - like we did when the votes were counted last time.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Warner and Bin-Hammam have been summoned to FIFA HQ to answer questions regarding ethics violations. It looks like old Sepp will win at a canter as no one will vote for a bloke up on ethics charges. Today's "Fiver" in the Guardian has a good pop at the whole murky situation.

It stinks to high heaven but I doubt it will ever change.

So FIFA is investigating FIFA to see if FIFA is corrupt. Obviously this could be very bad news for FIFA, should FIFA, find that FIFA is a dodgy system. I wonder what revelations FIFA can find about FIFA? I'm sure FIFA are hoping that FIFA deem not enough evidence.

So FIFA is investigating FIFA to see if FIFA is corrupt. Obviously this could be very bad news for FIFA, should FIFA, find that FIFA is a dodgy system. I wonder what revelations FIFA can find about FIFA? I'm sure FIFA are hoping that FIFA deem not enough evidence.

If FIFA find any wrong doing I wonder what punishement FIFA will be handing out to FIFA and whether FIFA will appeal to FIFA to get the said punishment from FIFA reduced by FIFA.

• 6 months later...

Here's more fuel to put on the FIFA corruption fire; Havelange resigns from IOC, days before ethics hearing starts. I know it's a pointless exercise bringing it up but it annoys me no end. An Ex-FIFA president up on ethics charges falls on his sword so he doesn't have to answer any questions. Of course the proceeedings have now ended.

Archived