BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

Such a frustrating night... which wasn't helped by the closet-Yid commentators, who loved to remind us how Spurs are down to the bare bones, have tired legs, and van der Vaart can walk on water. And yet their 11 still cost a bucketload more than ours.

Can't complain too much about the performance, because we had enough chances to get at least a point of the game. Robinson was forced to make a couple of decent stops, but we paid for Samba's lapse in the opening minutes.

That said, some weird, almost Sam-esque decisions tonight...

Roberts & Andrews just aren't good enough. Roberts should only be used as a late sub to batter tired legs.

Kalinic randomly dropped? Not even on as a sub?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were unlucky plain and simple each player seemed to give plenty of effort but the lack of quality up front has killed us again.

We need to find a quality striker in the summer, Crocky will be ok for a few matches but we need more than that, Venkys must spend money in this area which im sure they saw tonight.

We deserved more than that and its very frustrating to let that saggy faced old tart get a win when he did'nt deserve it. What the hell was wrong with Kalinic because Roberts didnt earn 90 mins.

Agree with that. 17 shots 9 on target to spurs 6. Unlucky tonight. But much to be positive about.

Such a frustrating night... which wasn't helped by the closet-Yid commentators, who loved to remind us how Spurs are down to the bare bones, have tired legs, and van der Vaart can walk on water. And yet their 11 still cost a bucketload more than ours.

Can't complain too much about the performance, because we had enough chances to get at least a point of the game. Robinson was forced to make a couple of decent stops, but we paid for Samba's lapse in the opening minutes.

That said, some weird, almost Sam-esque decisions tonight... Jones injured his back, plus was on a booking. Dunn was taken off to bring Hoillet behind the front two. So Kean said on radiorovers.Roberts & Andrews just aren't good enough. Roberts should only be used as a late sub to batter tired legs.

Kalinic randomly dropped? Not even on as a sub?

Couldn't have done much more tonight. Gomes got lucky with some of positioning and rebounds.

Andrews doesnt deserve booing, he is awful but he doesn't pick the team.

And as for the samba error, although he did react late to the cross, crouch has made a career out of climbing on peoples shoulders and getting away with it......and did it again tonight! Grrr

really pleasing performance! we outplayed them for big parts of the game. can't remember the last time we had this many chances. The main difference is how many players we attack with and get into the box. extremely unlucky not to get anything from this game.

On another note, sign Hoilett up ASAP. what a player he has turned into!

And Olsson mom for me. always a danger when he gets the ball it seems..

Robinson and thw whole backline looked solid beside of the goal from Crouch...that happens but WE should score 3 goals tonight and win it.

I have to say that Roberts, Jones, Andrews and Diouf were poor.

Kalinic and Santa Cruz is probably first choice strikers....then I think we should have a midfeld of Olsson, Dunn, Pedersen and Hoilett.

I hope Givet is back soon so that Olsson can play left wing, he was very good tonight.

I think Samba was very unlucky tonight, if he had scored in the last kick it would be 1-1 and he's marking mistake been forgotten.

The big thing now is to take the play of this game to JJB Stadium against Wigan.

Benjani looked lively when he came on.

In all we played quite well and tried to play, no more hoofball.

Guest linganzi

Crouch always gets the better of samba.

Andrews was looking really poor and,I'm no fan but it became clear that we are carrying fat boy and when he went off he improved as did the team . its too easy to make Andrews the scapegoat and its pathetic to boo him

spurs v lucky and a harsh result.

Robinson and thw whole backline looked solid beside of the goal from Crouch...that happens but WE should score 3 goals tonight and win it.

I have to say that Roberts, Jones, Andrews and Diouf were poor.

Kalinic and Santa Cruz is probably first choice strikers....then I think we should have a midfeld of Olsson, Dunn, Pedersen and Hoilett.

I hope Givet is back soon so that Olsson can play left wing, he was very good tonight.

I think Samba was very unlucky tonight, if he had scored in the last kick it would be 1-1 and he's marking mistake been forgotten.

The big thing now is to take the play of this game to JJB Stadium against Wigan.

Benjani looked lively when he came on.

In all we played quite well and tried to play, no more hoofball.

Diouf worked his socks off all night again, how can you say he was poor? Unlucky not score, when Gomes made a brilliant save off the half volley. Jones did ok as well, and Andrews wasn't that bad either. Not brilliant, but certainly not poor. Roberts, well you wont get any arguements from me there.

Message to those of you out there who think it's acceptable to boo anybody who's on the pitch wearing blue and White!

You are an absolute ##%$ing disgrace!!

Oh better add........IMO!

I think the majority of us are in agreement there. Absolutely no need for it what so ever, what the hell is it going to achieve?

Message to those of you out there who think it's acceptable to boo anybody who's on the pitch wearing blue and White!

You are an absolute ##%$ing disgrace!!

Oh better add........IMO!

Maybe the away fans thought Andrews was El Hadji Diouf

Was Andrews really as bad as Pedersen has been playing in recent games? Kean rightly dropped Pedersen because of his inability to pass a ball and keep possession especially in recent games.

By the sounds of it we created plenty of chances tonight but we were toothless up front. I don't get why people rave about M.Diouf and Roberts, well he has proved time and time again he shouldn't start games. The guy averages something like 5 goals a season for us, that’s a championship level return. No wonder he was all smiles about the new contract on the Rovers site the other day, getting a new deal for contributing sweet fa.

Andrews really wasnt that bad tonight, We all know he's not a great player so props for him not having a stinker like he usually does.

Roberts is just pulling our pants down though getting paid for "performances" like that. Im sure Rochina would have contributed more and he's never played in the EPL before.

And You my friend are a knob.

He a man he can take it, I didn't say I would boo him, if he comes back and played better he will not get boo'd.

It's true, win the fans over.

He gets boo'd because he playing badly.

you need to grow some.

Guest linganzi

we might aswell be playing with 10men when keith andrews is in the side - simples ..

he is absolutly terrible

i cant believe kean kept him on

And when you say 'simples' your opinion is null and void

dunn worst player ? about the only central midfielder we have who will actually look forward and run at players instead of sideways or back

all andrews does is point where players should go while being useless at his own job ..he is terrible , usless ..he is cringeworthy and he did nothing ....he just jogs around like a puppet / muppet ..

Archived