BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

Well if this game has showed us anything its that all the south americans, barca products and new midfielders mean nothing if we have no one to put it away. I've never seen us take so many shots and still nothing. Frustrating, hard to watch and embarassing we couldn't beat a spuds 'c' squad.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disapointing, we deserved at least a point from that game. Spurs were there for the taking.

Strange starting 11, and strange subs, why take off Dunn and MB Diouf?

Stupid mistake in the first 3 minutes cost us the game.

We played well, which makes it all the more frustrating. One of the nights I guess. We could have played all week and wouldn't have scored.

You have to say...some atrocious substitutions.

Pederson has been atrocious, as has Nzonzi.

How are Roberts and Andrews still on the pitch?

Why did he take Dunn off?

And why is Kalinic still on the bench?

i think pedersen has had a pretty good game since coming on.. looking lively.

Agree with the rest though

Although keith was unlucky at the end

Just unfortunate today i think..Gomes had a good game too

Andrews wasnt the worst player on the pitch. Roberts was. He is a shocking player and ive been embarrassed for years that he still gets a game. Championship striker. Terrible.

Andrews is not a first teamer and never will be. As a utility man I have no objection to him being involved. But that is all.

Overall. Poor game. Neither side deserved to win. Van Der Vaart was a step up for them. Hoilett and Olsson looked very sharp. I liked the intent to play on the deck but we need more match winners in the side. Santa Cruz was badly badly missed.

Tottenham will play much better and lose. We had a chance tonight. To be fair, Gomes was in great form but with Roberts up front we were never going to pose much of a threat.

We created so many chances but it was just one of those days.

Argh.

Yep. You know I reckon we're one or two good players from being a very handy side. Hope Formica and Rochina deliver next season (this season could be too soon)

We were unlucky plain and simple each player seemed to give plenty of effort but the lack of quality up front has killed us again.

We need to find a quality striker in the summer, Crocky will be ok for a few matches but we need more than that, Venkys must spend money in this area which im sure they saw tonight.

We deserved more than that and its very frustrating to let that saggy faced old tart get a win when he did'nt deserve it. What the hell was wrong with Kalinic because Roberts didnt earn 90 mins.

Samba looked much more effective up front than Roberts or Benjani at the end. I thought Pedersen and Andrews both played decently, and Nzonzi was poor when he came on. Hoilett and Olsson were our two sparks, and all of our offense seemingly came from them.

Disapointing, we deserved at least a point from that game. Spurs were there for the taking.

Strange starting 11, and strange subs, why take off Dunn and MB Diouf?

Stupid mistake in the first 3 minutes cost us the game.

Resting Dunn and Diouf were shattered. Understandable. Pedersen made a decent impact.

By the way, the booing for the substitutions was pathetic. The treatment that Andrews gets from the home 'fans' is horrendous. Roberts deserves just as much criticism.

Don't worry folks, It's actually all my fault.

I put a fiver on Spurs to win just before kick off, but betfair crashed before it was matched. Crouch scored, my bet didn't go on, the odds of a Spurs win plummet and we end up losing.

It's karma for betting against my own team, so you can aaaaaaaalll blame me instead of Keef :)

hard to critise Roberts, he has never been Batistuta now has he.

he does exactly what it says on the tim, and that not score goals against top teams.

Roberts should not be selected with Diouf because together they are not enough of a threat.

Archived