BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview 2-2-2011

colin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone saying Trappa must see something in andrews,i doubt it lol just we have no one else to play centre mid on these isles....I thought Jones played one or two good through passes especially for diouf who should have done better. I hope as he gets more games and fitness he gets forward more as well

Would also like to add having a go at the manager for substituting a player who clearly indicated to the bench he was struggling with an injury is also.......

An absolute ##%$ing disgrace!

IMO

I think they were still boo'ing the fact Andrews was on the pitch

all comes back to Andrews

Anyway Kean selected him so he is sending the lamp to the slaughter

• Backroom

Very predictable result. We rarely do well against Spurs. Giving a goal away after 3 minutes didn't help.

We have a decent first XI but unfortunately not all of them were present. How did Jermaine Jones get on?

Jones looks brilliant one minute then clumsy the next, I think he is still adapting though.

And Chris it doesn't all come back to Andrews it comes back to numpty fans

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. You wouldn't happen to be in one of those obscured seats would you? Or carry a white stick?

I saw the complete opposite of what you saw.

To paraphrase an earlier post "The fact that so many people differ on whether Andrews Dunn or Jones was crap and we all watched the match is kind of interesting.

I have to say my heart sank when I read this. A missed opportunity to match him with Hoilett ?

Bentley was a constant thorn in Manchester City's side and with new signings Obafemi Martins and Curtis Davies to come in, Birmingham should have enough to stay up.

Winger Bentley, a threat throughout on the left and right, drove a low free-kick into the box and as the defenders looked on, Serbian Zigic poked out a foot to get the slightest of touches for his third goal of the season.

With the injured De Jong replaced by veteran Vieira at the break, the visitors found themselves increasingly exposed by the pace and menace of Bentley.

The player on loan from Tottenham lashed over from 30 yards and then set up Roger Johnson with a teasing cross from the right but the defender could only nod wastefully wide from six yards.

FFS Andrews starts :angry2:

Scratch all I said, we will play like pussy's.

Keane Whisky Tango Foxtrot Numb Nuts?

Almost, though Andrews was not the worse.

Wondering where the goals are going to come from, Roberts is awful.

1-0 Spurs.

I agree that Roberts is at his best the last 30 minutes of a match. If he does start (which I think he had to today as he was awarded a new contract and Kean needed to show confidence in him) then he needs to play with a good finisher. He should have been linked with Kalinic.

This game had Kalanic and Diouf all over it.

In hindsight, yes.

Don't care if you hate him or not, booing him is rather uncalled for, and to be frank, idiotic.

Andrews is a good squad player. He should not be a starter. That said, I agree. Booing your own just undermines morale and does not help the squad score.

You have to say...some atrocious substitutions.

And why is Kalinic still on the bench?

In my opinion, Kean's biggest weakness is his substitutions.

I thought the ref was shockingly bad in his refusal to book Spurs players for blatant yellow cards.

Sounds par for the course.

We will never have a better chance to beard the Spurs. Venkys, please open your check book (again).

There is a significant problem in playing Andrews. His football is negative and he takes the emphasis out of every attack. When you put him in there with another DM then you are just asking for trouble because we have nothing coming forward quickly from CM. He needs to go because he isn't good enough.

I was there. He wasn't great but he was doing all of fatties graft who was busy lauding up being blue and white. We improved when dunn left vastly

You were at Ewood Park? Are you sure you weren't at a different game?

Dunn doesn't do enough work defensively, but he provides a creative spark nobody else in our midfield does. He also stopped a certain goal with a clearance from beneath his own posts. When he went off we looked much, much worse.

Granted, when you're playing with Roberts and Andrews in your team you're almost never going to win. You can't play with two League One class players against a Premier League team and hope to get anything out of the game.

I've liked what Kean has done so far and I appreciate the style of football he is trying to play. Selecting Andrews and Roberts in the starting XI and then not rectifying that mistake with Grella/N'Zonzi and Kalinic when it was obvious both players were out of their depth is a big black mark against the new manager. That Spurs team were there for the taking tonight.

Andrews was very poor, he cant tackle, cant pass, cant press, cant shoot he cant even run and he doesnt point properly. I really dont see how he is near the first team ahead of people who can actually do something whilst on the pitch.

That being said, the boo boys - call yourself fans? Id rather there be 2000 home fans that actually support the team rather than 20000 that sit there and boo. you should all be ashamed of yourselves and hang your heads in shame.

On to the good points, we lost yes but imo we played very well and were very unlucky not to get a point, could have even had 3 if it wasnt for Gomes. a few more performances like tonight and we will be winning games

A real disappointment not to get at least a point considering our chances and general play. However....

Jones was poor and one hopes this is just him getting used to the English league.

Andrews was shockingly poor, the Keith Andrews groan was a constant part of the second half in particular.

Dunn did OK in the first half but appeared to either tire and get injured.

We had a lack of class in the last third, despite Hoillet's MotM effort.

The game showed how narrow the margin between victory and defeat can be and results elsewhere pushed us closer to the relegation zone. Three points needed at Wigan.

• Backroom

Keith Andrews offers NOTHING!!

To then cup your ear towards the crowd, isnt advised - regardless of boo's. Do us a favour & jog on!!

Tell me im wrong, I dont care - I think about 10,000 vocal fans agreed with me at Ewood today

I know you don't care but booing the lad is a disgrace

Watching MOTD we could have had a penalty you know, Corluka took Hoilett out as he shot in the first half

And that was the most blatant second yellow ever he got away with.

Keith Andrews offers NOTHING!!

To then cup your ear towards the crowd, isnt advised - regardless of boo's. Do us a favour & jog on!!

Tell me im wrong, I dont care - I think about 10,000 vocal fans agreed with me at Ewood today

10000 booing? Was there hell!

A couple of hundred vocal idiots that gives us all a bad name.

Sam had a blind spot over Andrews until he finally saw the light and binned him; now the new Bill Shankly is having to learn lessons all over again.

The club should have moved him on during the window - the lad's playing in the wrong division. And yes, the crowd are entitled to vent their feelings.

Sam had a blind spot over Andrews until he finally saw the light and binned him; now the new Bill Shankly is having to learn lessons all over again.

The club should have moved him on during the window - the lad's playing in the wrong division. And yes, the crowd are entitled to vent their feelings.

Who the hell would have wanted him whilst he was recovering from injury? Granted we should have got shot when Fulham were in a while ago and that blame rests with Sam and JW.

Shame Sam didn't see the light when Fulham had a 2 million bid on the table.

Shame Sam didn't see the light when Fulham had a 2 million bid on the table.

Was'nt that the same time he got a payrise, Agent stuff I thought then and still think now, why the hell would any prem team want him.

No offence to the lad, he is a trier and gives all he has but what he has isnt good enough, has the energy but not the ability, if he is still being picked then we have not addressed the issues in midfield that have been there for so long.

Absolutely unbelievable.

For the 2nd time in 5 days, I've been on the ground and despaired when I've heard the team news.

Keith Andrews in midfield, Jason Roberts up front - FFS.

Niko is scoring goals and not even a look-in.

Jones - I said it after his debut, thought he was very average, have seen nothing tonight to change my mind. RSC, injured and par for the course. Are these good loan signings ? Certainly expensive !

Substitutions again questionable. Will somebody buy SK Football Manager.

Will be at Wigan on Saturday, but if either Andrews or Roberts start, I will be coming straight off, into the car park and home.

Just got back from the match. Keith Andrews should NEVER wear the Blackburn shirt again! - He is so poor! We should get rid asap.

Don't think Jason Roberts had the best of games either, all he seems to do is just huff and puff, would much rather of had Kalinic playing.

Think we played alrite, draw would of been a fair result.

Had quite alot of possesion and created a few chances, there was no finishing touch tho, we deperatley needed Santa Cruz playing, just for that bit of class.

We need to get the two new lads into the team asap.Formica should be a starter, if we had him in the team creating chances for Santa, think we could have beaten these lot.

I hope Rochina is good enough to start, i can't bare to see either Keith Andrews or Jason Roberts in the team anymore, everytime they have the ball i find myself very uneasy!

Jones played ok, didn't do that much wrong, few wayward passes, but the quality is there to see, unlike Keith!

If we can the new lads into the team i think we wil do ok. Top 8 finish for this season me thinks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Wigan on Saturday! :)

Archived