BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] iPhone

Does any one know where I can get one off contract? All seem to be contract on the websites of the phone shops.

O2 sell them direct, but they are far from cheap

http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphoneindex/Pay_And_Go/4/Black

The reason nowhere else does them is they earn their commission on the contract not the phone, so they'd have to put a margin on top of O2 monstrous price.

Your best bet price was is probably looking for an ex-contract one on ebay.

Cheers Glenn.

Dropped mine in a toilet in Fulham yesterday. So on the look out for another one now :(

If it's under warranty, an Apple store should replace it for around £150, so I've heard :)

I don't think I can wait until June, don't fancy buying another phone in the meantime in all fairness.

It is under warranty, so that's a possibility I suppose. But unless they give me a refurbished one it will always have that water damage I suppose.

I've been looking at Android phones this morning and I really wouldn't have a clue which one to get. I like the look of the Samsung Galaxy S.

Cheers for the help.

If you want a decent specced and good looking handset to get you through until the end of your contract go for the Orange San Francisco.

Can be picked up for around the £80 mark now and can be unlocked for free.

Pretty sure Glenn bought one so he knows more about them for me.

Hoping to get one for my wife...sounds like a fair swap to me ;)

If you can wait till June, Iphone 5 will be out then and the price of older models will drop.

Do you know when Kamy? I'm due an upgrade in mid May and was going for iPhone 4 (from a 3GS) but did think it might be worth hanging on if a 5 was on the horizon.

If you want a decent specced and good looking handset to get you through until the end of your contract go for the Orange San Francisco.

Can be picked up for around the £80 mark now and can be unlocked for free.

Pretty sure Glenn bought one so he knows more about them for me.

Hoping to get one for my wife...sounds like a fair swap to me ;)

I bought one of these a few weeks ago. Upgraded to Android 2.2 which also unlocks the phone.

For the money I'm amazed at how good it is. I was looking at phone's for my girlfriend this weekend and the ones in the £200-£250 were honestly no better than the Orange SF.

I don't know what else I would want from a phone that would require me to pay more. The screen is amazing, it runs everything I want very smoothly. See if you can have a go on one in an Orange store Ohmi.

Cool - here's the site I got my info from - orangesanfrancisco.co.uk

Before you start though...You can get them for £79 + £10 top up online, so only £89 in total. http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/mobile-phone/payg/orange/Orange-San-Francisco.html?tariffcode=EOJT&affiliate=buyat|hotukdeals

Quite a big price difference if you wanted to take it back and order online, I don't think you could take it back after upgrading Android though.

I was struggling because the USB drivers weren't installed on my PC, and the ones from the ZTE website weren't working. So I used the Windows Update to sort it. Appears to be working now.

Thank you for your help. I've now got Android 2.2 on. Will play around when I've got more time and get the Wi-Fi working.

Do you know when Kamy? I'm due an upgrade in mid May and was going for iPhone 4 (from a 3GS) but did think it might be worth hanging on if a 5 was on the horizon.

If you are due an upgrade in May then I would definitely hold fire until June. Apple have a cycle for all of their products and the Iphone upgrades are always released end of June/Early July, so it won't be any different this year.

Archived