BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What an absolute disgrace Phil Bentham is. The only word for that referring is cheating but he always has been a cheat towards St Helens.

Are we referring to the Danny Brough drop goal ? I only saw it on TV once but I wasn't convinced it was between the sticks.

I went to Hornets v Leigh. A brilliant old fashioned cup tie. Hornets contrived to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but we played really well. We showed tons of heart and spirit, that's all I ask.

Are we referring to the Danny Brough drop goal ? I only saw it on TV once but I wasn't convinced it was between the sticks.

That was the main error he made and the ball was clearly went between them but as well as that he gave St Helens every decision throughout the match.

Edited by somersetrover

Bentham's bias towards the bin dippers is well know though I have to say from one angle it looked wide and the other looked good. It should've gone to the VR.

Cracking draw, getting the 6 and 9 mixed up, good work lads :tu:

I was unconvinced about the drop goal, like you I thought from one view it looked in and from the other view it looked out.

If you thought that draw was odd you should have seen the draw years ago when one of the old guys performing the draw dropped a ball on the floor and pretended nothing had happened ! They were near the end of the draw so they kept on going, all the time trying to guess which ball was missing.

It was hilarious. They had to re do the draw the following day because of the outcry. Only in Rugby League.

Guest Norbert

Well, I have to say the Sky commentators usually don't sound too bright. Anyway, it sounds like a Stuart Atwell 'ghost goal' had happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it doesn't get much better than today. Wigan have been indifferent this season to say the least but today we were excellent. Everyone put in a shift and more, especially Lockers. Smithy's kicking was sublime, easily his best game of the season. Special praise also for Matty Bowen who now seems to have settled in and is enjoying his rugby. We upped the ante in the second half and there was only going to be one winner.

Nice and warm, clear blue skies, near full house and a packed East Stand full of Cherry and White in fine voice. 4000+ Wiganers went home very happy.

Great performance particularly the second half when the defence was tightened up. Lockers just immense but Bateman and Burgess really impressed. I said earlier in this thread that a fit Bowen is a better FB than Sam every will be. When the ground firms up and he's more familiar with the lines he'll rip team apart with ease.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday, especially Farrell's try just after half time which pretty much killed St Helens off.

Just a pity we zoomed to Ewood afterwards to watch that shambles!

I can't do it, I just can't watch a football match after a RL match, I get so angry at the football players being so dam soft!

I can't do it, I just can't watch a football match after a RL match, I get so angry at the football players being so dam soft!

Yeah I agree. Our guys run their blood to water for about £ 250 a week winning pay. Our captain couldn't train all the week before last because he'd got a knee in the ribs previously. He was touch and go to play all week but put his hand up to play and came out and was M-O-M. Any RL player is an hero for me.

My lot had a great win as well, 42-16 at North Wales Crusaders. I'm kicking myself that I didn't go. We'd have a chance of staying in this division but five teams get relegated at the end of the season !

Do they still play at Wrexham's ground TS? I had a good day out there two or three seasons back, reliving my visits to the Racecourse in the 70s when watching the Rovers. Three sides of the ground were the same but a small, but nice, new main stand had gone up down the side.

Do they still play at Wrexham's ground TS? I had a good day out there two or three seasons back, reliving my visits to the Racecourse in the 70s when watching the Rovers. Three sides of the ground were the same but a small, but nice, new main stand had gone up down the side.

Yeah, according to Mrs Shoelaces who went. She's a real die hard who goes to every game. One season she went to every " A " team game as well, home and away. Imagine Whitehaven " A" v Hornets " A ". They have a tie up with the University now and the ground has been re-named apparently.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Yeah, according to Mrs Shoelaces who went. She's a real die hard who goes to every game. One season she went to every " A " team game as well, home and away. Imagine Whitehaven " A" v Hornets " A ". They have a tie up with the University now and the ground has been re-named apparently.

I go to Whitehaven 3 or 4 times per year. My mate (former Super League ref) is on the Board. A great ground and fans. The Club survives on money from nuclear industry sponsors.

Guest Norbert

I presume that with all the financial problems at Bradford the proper players have all gone elsewhere, and now fans get a chance to play after a raffle.

Are the problems resolved, or is it on on-going nightmare that still threatens to close the club?

Edited by Norbert

Don't think anyone knows what's going on at bradford, they seem in a permanent limbo of administration/promises/administration. The starting 13 isn't that bad but they haven't got the squad to play twice in four days and presumably morale is very low. Saying that, Wigan put out a team that consisted of some outstanding youngsters who will tear the league up in a couple of years...presuming we can keep them!

I quite enjoyed it, it isn't good for the game but I still like giving good drubbing now and again especially when the kids play a big part.

Bloke I know has been over in Oz and NZ, he did a training session with NZW last week. Had a good chat with Sam, says he's doing okay, Joel is going out soon. Wants to try Union in France next.

Last I read about Bradford was that Mandy Koukash wanted to buy them but the RFL just didnt want it. Seems very short sighted that someone who wants to put money into the game isnt being allowed to.

Guest Norbert

That's the guy who bought Salford isn't it? I assume who has/would sell Salford as he surely couldn't own two teams in the same division.