BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watched the Tonga vs Scotland game on tinterweb. What a great but crap game of rugby. The handling, catching, decision making was all pants but all made for a very good game. Just about every try decision went to Ashley Klein the video ref....including the last one late in the 79th minute which probably should've been a try for Tonga!!

CLB, the Burgess bros are gaining a cult status here. It's (jokingly) said that their mum should sign on as well. Good RL players they are.

Well yeah Dave, I saw in that documentary that she played rugby league as well!

Not seeing too much NRL, I didn't realise just how good the lads were, especially Sam.

Super League's loss should be England's gain with the increasing migration of talent over here to the NRL and the benefit of playing at a higher level week in, week out.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Super league is in danger of becoming a joke really. Its already comical that a team in the bottom half of the table could win the grand final

In theory if there was still relegation a team could narrowly avoid relegation and be champions

The constant need to try and expand it to areas that don't like rugby is stupid

The league is now a pointless effort over months with teams resting key players a lot to try and ensure everyone is fit for the playoffs

Finally the migration of top talent to nrl is really putting the product in serious danger

Guest Norbert

I'd agree about entertainment. Rugby League is more engaging than football. However, the play-offs and the constant tinkering with promotion and relegation has made the super league pretty ridiculous.

Normally Id say yes, but the last super league season was a joke for me. So many games with top players missing, especially wigan who basically tanked the league late on to ensure everyone was fit for the playoffs. The playoff system really makes your league positions irrelevant to a certain degree and coaches have worked this out now and simply don't play players with knocks. Rugby is a rough sport and players always played injured with knocks etc to try and finish as high up the league as possible. Now that's gone imo and the bread and butter league that fans pay good money to see is now getting devalued

Guest Norbert

Something like the IPL would be a good play off system to adopt. It is quick, gives a reasonable chance for the 1st place team to get to the final and only involves the top few.

Anyway, I'm happy as I have tickets for the world cup semi finals. £20 a ticket is fantastic for any major tournament let alone a world cup semi final. There are still tickets available if you can get to Wembley.

Wigan didn't 'tank it' they had serious injuries to a number of key players and I know that for a fact and to say the team from 8th can whilst technically true would never happen in a million years. Wigan could put out their academy side and make the top eight. Other than that I've already said many times that I think the RFL is a joke.

Wigan didn't 'tank it' they had serious injuries to a number of key players and I know that for a fact and to say the team from 8th can whilst technically true would never happen in a million years. Wigan could put out their academy side and make the top eight. Other than that I've already said many times that I think the RFL is a joke.

The top sides know they just have to finish in the top 4. No way hudderfielld where the best side and no way they would have won the league if the prize for winning it was worth it.

RIP Steve Prescott, who passed away today at the age of 39 from a rare form of stomach cancer. Believe the news got a fantastic reaction from the crowd at the KC stadium today.

Yeah, the word hero is bandied about much too often these days but this guy was a real hero.

Not a bad performance by England this afternoon. A bit flat first half but picked up in the second. Atmosphere picked up too as England pressed forward. 25k + crowd, my first England game and first visit to the KC.

I missed the game as my wife had arranged for us to visit friends down in Rutland ! Sounds like a good performance, I've seen Fiji play and they're a rough handful.

RIP Steve Prescott, who passed away today at the age of 39 from a rare form of stomach cancer. Believe the news got a fantastic reaction from the crowd at the KC stadium today.

Yes, I believe there was a great reaction from the crowd. Unfortunately we missed the first ten minutes due to it being further from the city centre than thought. The buggers in Pizza Express said a 15 minute walk and not the 30 that it took!

Guest Norbert

Yep, union is king in Wales, especially since the players stopped switching to league to earn a good living. Still, I doubt many have even heard of the Cook Islands, which has a population of less than 20,000 (I did look it up). They must be doing a Jack Charlton there, and getting anyone who has eaten a potato/coconut/mongoose that came from there to play for them.

Great right hook by Billy Slater can be seen on you tube. Just key in Billy Slater Nightclub punch.

Happened over the last couple of days outside a Manchester club. Some plonker, who presumably didn't know who he is, decides to punch him. Catches him / glances off the back of his head and quick as a flash Billy counters with a superb 'right' which floors the guy.