BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just back, voice gone! What a hell of a 2nd half performance that was. I said I was confident before the game and I still was at HT as wolves looked knackered and we were only slightly out sync - due to the pitch dimensions I think but I was confident we'd make up the points difference and put at least two converted tries on them.

Anyway, quite possibly my favourite GF.

Was very confident before the leeds game and I'm confident we'll win on Saturday.

When does the relegation and promotion start again?

Just seen that Rochdale have stuffed Oldham, a Rovers win and Rochdale promoted,Tyrone will be like a dog with two todgers. Don't get Oldham though, they have a thriving RL scene, the could be a decent outfit.

Did I go to Leigh ? Is a bluebird blue ? What a great day out at a nice little ground. The weather was great and so was our performance. I've seen us get promoted twice before but that's the first time I've seen us win any sort of trophy and I first went to a Rugby League in 1966. Can you imagine how that felt ! Fantastic ! I've still not got over it.

What a week, Rovers win two games as well .

Congratulations to Wigan, great achievement for the club.

Let's hope we can beat the other Wigan today.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Hornets v Fiji pre World Cup run out game yesterday. We had a scratch side out with some key players already on pre-arranged holidays but Fiji looked a very decent side. I think they may give England a fright. Their full back was outstanding, we couldn't lay a hand on him.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Audax. The match commissioner pulled our announcer after the game to reprimand him. The score was about 74-0 nil at the time with about 5 minutes to the final whistle. The Fijians were really great after the game, signing autographs and giving people endless photo opportunities. The whole squad gathered together in the bar after to sing their team song, you could have heard a pin drop, it was fabulous. Try and find it on YouTube, you'll be impressed.

If team spirit counts for anything these guys will be a threat,

Are you coming over for the Fiji v Ireland game ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Thanks for that Audax. The match commissioner pulled our announcer after the game to reprimand him. The score was about 74-0 nil at the time with about 5 minutes to the final whistle. The Fijians were really great after the game, signing autographs and giving people endless photo opportunities. The whole squad gathered together in the bar after to sing their team song, you could have heard a pin drop, it was fabulous. Try and find it on YouTube, you'll be impressed.

If team spirit counts for anything these guys will be a threat,

Are you coming over for the Fiji v Ireland game ?

We will see, thanks.

I read an article on the diet of one of those South Pacific peoples. It was near Paleo.

I dunno about anyone else but I just can't get excited about this World Cup. I think the fact that the only big game of the group stages England vs Australia is miles away in Cardiff, and half the other games are in far flung places, has narked me.

Maybe, but they've got to realise that some places just aren't going to be interested. I've just been looking for example for tickets for the game in Limerick (bargain at £205 from Manchester airport!!). I reckon there's about 2000 of them have been sold. It's going to cost them more to get everyone there and put a game on than they'll make in ticket revenue.

Guest Norbert

Didn't catch much of it, but that Slater try just before half time was embarrassingly easy. To just bomb past the defence like that in either code of rugby is just crazy.

Is the Wigan coach/coaches in recent seasons Australian? Surely they or perhaps the Warrington guy would be better than McBanana, whatever country they're from.

Billy Slater is the best in the world regardless of code, he does that week in, week out.

McBanana needs to ring the changes, Westwood, Sinfield, Chase and Mossop out. If Lockers is fit then he has to play at 13 with Sam B taking Westwood's starting place, Farrell on the bench. I'd drive Chase home and pick Matty Smith up on the way back. Widdop starts at six, Smith 7. McILorum starts with Roby interchanging. Graham replaces Mossop and starts.

Wigan head co ach and assistant coaches bar one are Wigan born and bred, one of them, Paul Deason is McBanana's assistant, I notice quite a lot of the Wigan back room staff are with Iestyn at Wales. Wolves coach, Tony Smith, is an aussie who has taken British residency, he was the GB coach and didn't do much but he had nothing like the players McBanana has available.

There's room for improvement in both teams but I suspect the Aussies will get better to a greater degree than we will.

They will but that's the worst HB pairing I've seen in Aussie shirts.

Edited by koi

Sinfield, Chase and Mossop out. If Lockers is fit then he has to play at 13 with Sam B taking Westwood's starting place, Farrell on the bench. I'd drive Chase home and pick Matty Smith up on the way back. Widdop starts at six, Smith 7. McILorum starts with Roby interchanging. Graham replaces Mossop and starts.

Can't argue with any of that pal. I thought Roby had a good game and was constantly in the mix. Mossop (who I like and don't wish to knock) only has to look at the Burgess boys to see how effective a front/second row forward should be. The game passed Chase by.

Anyway, roll on the 9th November and England v Fiji at the KC where we have three tickets. May try and get to one or two more midweek games as well.