BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2011 --lockout season

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drafts on 28th April. The first day was on ESPN uk last year and I hope it is again this but I havne't heard or looked to see if it is.

Quite happy with the Giants nabbing 2 compo picks after I thought we had no chance with picking up Bulluck, Rolle, Grant, etc.

Looks like there will be no talks prior to the legal case. I really hope they can sort something, even if it is another season under the previous CBA just so they can talk it out over the season.

They'll sort something out. It's just a question of coming to an agreement on who makes how much and that will be easy enough to do once the pressure of missing a season really kicks in. It's very likely that the players will cave, particularly when many of those involved in the negotiations are towards the tail-end of their careers and are running out of time to earn money and win superbowls.

The bigger problem will be the NBA. Not as easy to negotiate with a bunch of owners who are actually losing money by owning their teams.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%5John McClain of the Houston Chronicle hears the Redskins are "trying like crazy" to trade up for one of this year's elite quarterbacks.

Unless the Skins offer most, if not all, of their 2012 draft class (picks from which will be severely devalued because no one even knows if there will be a 2012 draft), we have a hard time believing Mike Shanahan can execute a trade up. They don't have a third- or fourth-round pick this year. McClain believes that the Redskins are targeting Missouri's Blaine Gabbert.%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

big rumours are we are gonna let the skins bend over and us ram it up again lol. broncos to butt rape the skins again.

the schedule or maybe schedule is out ...

Wk. Day Date Opponent Site Time TV

1 Mon. Sept. 12 OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 8:15 p.m. MDT ESPN (NTL)

2 Sun. Sept. 18 CINCINNATI INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MDT CBS

3 Sun. Sept. 25 at Tennessee LP Field 12 p.m. CDT CBS

4 Sun. Oct. 2 at Green Bay Lambeau Field 3:15 p.m. CDT CBS

5 Sun. Oct. 9 SAN DIEGO INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MDT CBS

6 BYE

7 Sun. Oct. 23 at Miami Sun Life Stadium 1 p.m. EDT CBS

8 Sun. Oct. 30 DETROIT INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MDT FOX

9 Sun. Nov. 6 at Oakland Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum 1:05 p.m. PST CBS

10 Sun. Nov. 13 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium 12 p.m. CST CBS

11 Thu. Nov. 17 N.Y. JETS INVESCO Field at Mile High 6:20 p.m. MST NFLN (NTL)

12 Sun. Nov. 27 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 1:15 p.m. PST CBS*

13 Sun. Dec. 4 at Minnesota Mall of America Field (Metrodome) 3:05 p.m. CST CBS*

14 Sun. Dec. 11 CHICAGO INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 p.m. MST FOX*

15 Sun. Dec. 18 NEW ENGLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST CBS*

16 Sat. Dec. 24 at Buffalo Ralph Wilson Stadium 1 p.m. EST CBS

17 Sun. Jan. 1 KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST CBS*

Sources: Judge rules for players, stops lockout

sports.espn.go.com

U.S. District Court Judge Susan Richard Nelson has granted NFL players their motion for a preliminary injunction, therefore lifting the lockout that was imposed by owners on March 11, league and union sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Happy with the packers picking up Cobb and Green. Cobb looks a real versatile player, with Driver near the end of his career and Jones approaching FA it's a good move by the Pack. Also we could finally have a decent special teams guy! Green coming in means it looks like Brandon Jackson is on his way, if Green can block I would be happy to see Jackson go.

with the #2 pick broncos select the latest raider hater...Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller....go run at us i dare ya.HAPPY AS!!!

von-miller-077904047_crop_340x234.jpg?1302827698

Really happy about the entire draft. Even the 7th round pick was first team all Big 12 for 3 years, just didn't do well in the combine. Hopefully this means we're taking after the Steelers and drafting based on performance, not stopwatches - has been pretty successful for them.

The Giants passed on Mark Ingram in spite of the failures of the running game last season. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was a bit miffed at that one to. I thought Jacobs would be cut and they would invest in Ingram but it wasn't to be. Experts have said we have had a brilliant draft and I am happy that we finally have taken the plunge on a LB or 2!

Archived