BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2011 --lockout season

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

just a little bit of gossip/info or whatever you want to call it,for browns and giants fans on here. I just found out my cousin in america is best mates with your draft picks....eric hagg and prince amukamara!!! Does these mean i have inside information like the many thousands on here do at ewood?

just a little bit of gossip/info or whatever you want to call it,for browns and giants fans on here. I just found out my cousin in america is best mates with your draft picks....eric hagg and prince amukamara!!! Does these mean i have inside information like the many thousands on here do at ewood?

Were they both at Nebraska?

I can't imagine I'm the only one but I'm getting very ticked off with this labour situation. I simply cannot understand how it's come to this. There is a sense that this lockout has somehow come out of nowhere and the various parties are having to deal with it at short notice. Surely everybody's always known that the last CBA was due to expire this year? I'm not familiar enough with the details of the mess but that there were no provisions in place to counter this mad scramble, post-CBA, is astonishing. Did the two sides honestly think they'd be able to hash out their differences over such a huge pot of money in the space of a few weeks? The whole thing just wreaks of inefficiency and lack of foresight which is even more unforgivable when you consider just how business savvy the NFL is.

just seen this...FINGERS CROSSED PEEEPS

Daniel Kaplan of Sports Business Journal reported this morning that a “framework agreement” could be in place for the two side “in about two weeks.”

If that is the case, there would be ample time for free agency for veterans and the undrafted college free agents. Training camps would also be able to start on time, which would mean none of the preseason games would be lost. Yes, those preseason games mean revenue too.

It will be interesting to see if some type of accommodation is made by the league for the teams with new head coaches. They’re typically afforded an extra minicamp during the offseason. Will they be permitted to start training camp a little bit earlier than the other teams in order to get the ball rolling?

Well, we’re getting ahead of ourselves with that. If Kaplan is accurate – and there is a buzz that progress has been made since the clandestine meeting the sides had in suburban Chicago last week – a new CBA could be in place easily in advance of July 4. The owners and players also met this week in New York, and Albert Breer of the NFL Network reports there have been talks over the phone since.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs

********************************************************************************************************

latest...

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and several owners are meeting with NFL Players Association chief DeMaurice Smith and a group of players for a second straight day in Maryland. A person with knowledge of the talks tells The Associated Press that the negotiations have continued Wednesday and they include lawyers for both sides.

JUST SORT IT OUT I NEED A TEBOW FIX!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The owners have got out in front of this issue now by ratifying the agreement, leaving the ball in the court of the players. The longer the players delay their vote and quibble over details of something that will make a sizeable number of people very wealthy, the greedier and more obstructive they look.

There's always a chance. Going to do a scan of everyone who was in it and make sure that all of the owners are paying attention and involved.

There is also the possibility of starting a new league. I would certainly be interested in taking part in another league as I only have the one at the moment.

There's always a chance. Going to do a scan of everyone who was in it and make sure that all of the owners are paying attention and involved.

There is also the possibility of starting a new league. I would certainly be interested in taking part in another league as I only have the one at the moment.

Thanks mate, I am not an expert by any means but I do give it my best shot.

Did you guys use the NFL.com or ESPN last season?

After the Stillers loss in the super bowl its taken me til now to get excited about football but I have turned that excitement into the purchase of a Polamalu 3rd shirt, a Keven Greene throwback with the square numbers and a "Franco's Italian Army" T-shirt. Me and a few friends will be traveling down to Baltimore for the Steelers opener against the purple birds. HERE WE GO!

Also if you are looking for a good site to use most americans tend to use Yahoo.com for Fantasy NFL.

Archived