BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2011 --lockout season

Worth stopping up watching MNF and my lot get their second W of the season, not the greatest of games but it was a very good defensive showing by the Jags. Not expecting many more wins this season, we are short of a WR and a couple of others on offense but week on week Gabbert seems to be heading in the right direction at QB.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comeback aside, I thought Tebow looked woeful on Sunday.

He's simply not a QB for a west coast offense.

In the last 5 mins he proved that he doesn't need to be.

As for Cam Newton, I'd far rather have a character like Tim Tebow around than I would him and all that comes with him.

The guy that sat for three years behind Favre? Even HE has said he couldn't do what Newton is doing in his rookie season.

Newton has been impressive and is doing a lot better than a lot of people in the media predicted. I would probably take him over Tebow from what I've seen of both players.

Rodgers was a pretty highly rated prospect at the time, there was talk about him being a strong contender for the no.1 pick in the 2005 draft. I think in Rodgers case it was more of 'what not to do' under Favre than learning from him, by all accounts Favre felt disrespected that a QB was taken in the first round and didn't offer much advice as he felt threatened.

Rodgers > all atm, he is clearly the best QB in the game right now. He's still fairly young and hasn't hit his prime yet.

Rodgers is absolutely beasting it. He's been a different class this year. I drafted him for m first pick in my Fantasy League, and I've never looked back.

I'd also take Cam over Tebow, though I do like the latter. You'd think that Newton will suffer a dip in form some time soon, but he has shown massive potential.

The same Cam Newton that has only won 2 games and thrown more picks than he has TDs?

He's good but lets not get carried away.

Oh, and Rodgers is as good as anyone in the league at present.

not posted today because id get banned ,i was so angry and still am. Tebow is being hung out by fox and mccoy and they are setting him up for a fail.

As for the lions what a bunch of direspectfull assholes,christ almighty ive been watching since 1982 and they have been good for 1/2 a season. First td jumped in the bronco jump zone (bang out of order).Schef doing a "tebowing" and the worst sin of all the mile high salute at bronco fans after he scored ,i hope he gets an injury.

they disrespected us that much that i hope the raiders and the chargers beat them!!!

How much respect do you deserve when your offense can't move the ball and your defense can't stop an opposition that can only get it done through the air?

45 points conceded to a team with no running game. Seriously? The only thing the Broncos did right was having Champ Bailey almost shut down Megatron, and even that didn't work for the whole game.

I love the fact that the attitude of the organisation has finally turned round, and if that means the rest of the league hates us then all the better. It's a tough game, so man up or get out. You think words and gestures hurt, just wait until Ndamukong Suh is driving your face into the dirt.

This is the new Lions, we're going to the play-offs and anyone outside the organisation wants to talk about us then so be it.

New lions. .. Give it two seasons and you will stink again . One season wonders !!

Does that make sense on your planet?

Plus, Suh, Johnson, Avril, etc. aren't just going to become terrible players overnight. There are three big concerns; keeping Stafford healthy, replacing KVB, and what happens at the end of the year if Tulloch isn't retained. Sort those three out and we'll keep posting winning records more often than not in the next decade.

Meanwhile, it's about to be five years at .500 or less for the Broncos, despite playing in the same division as the Chiefs and the Raiders. Keep pinning your hopes on Tebow and you could be extending that run a bit more, too. Any kind of pressure and he just makes bad decisions. Quick, somebody shoot John Elway so he can start spinning in his grave.

The Lions are clearly being overrated this year, but they won't be a total one-hit wonder. They have a decent young core there and will be in contention for a wild card for the foreseeable future (they won't find it easy to win that division). The Broncos are the first team that they have handled for 4 quarters and that is a pretty worrying sign for them, but they are certainly a team that will be at least somewhat relevant for a few seasons.

Archived