BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2011 --lockout season

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was watching the NY Jets-Dallas Cowboys last night. Romo cocked up and the Cowboys lost.

Most interesting part of the night was that one in our party informed me that Antonio Cromartie (Jets defender) has 9 kids by 8 women. A quick search produced this; kids galore. you'd think someone would have told him what contraception was after a few turned up.

Appalling stuff from the Giants. They made Rex Grossman look like Tom Brady. The defense did step up in the second half but some truly terrible offensive play-calling and poor discipline cost them dear. A summer of doing **** all comes to fruition.

It hasn't been a good sport week for me, Hamilton didn't win the GP, Rovers didn't win at Fulham and the Giants got outclassed by the Redskins. Why we used Bradshaw on the 4th and 2 and 3rd and 1 plays is beyond me, especially when you have a human JCB sat on the touchline in Jacobs. Hopefully Tuck is back next week and possibly Umenyiora

Been visiting friends in Chicago this week so have seen a lot of football.

Went to the Bears on Sunday which was ace (tho i got sunburnt) and glad to see a bears win:)

The day before however I went to a Hawkeyes bar in Chicago to watch Iowa vs Iowa State. When ISU got the win in 3rd OT there was a deathly silence. Theyre fanatical about college footy here (arent 18 out of 20 biggest stadiums here college ones?) and I think that is much more akin to how we follow footy at home.

Whereas most people only watch nfl on tv rather than go (cos ita not flimmin cheap!)

Glad you got to see a win, Clare. I was surprised at how good the Bears looked this weekend, they absolutely trashed the Falcons. I'm pretty worried about facing them in Week 2.

You're right about the 18 out of 20 stadium thing; in fact the top 10 biggest are all college football stadiums. Michigan just played their first ever night game in front of over 100,000, and they came from behind twice in the last few minutes to win a spectacular game.

BTW Brady just hung 500 yards on the Dolphins, even while giving up his first interception in almost a year. Amazing.

Been visiting friends in Chicago this week so have seen a lot of football.

Went to the Bears on Sunday which was ace (tho i got sunburnt) and glad to see a bears win:)

The day before however I went to a Hawkeyes bar in Chicago to watch Iowa vs Iowa State. When ISU got the win in 3rd OT there was a deathly silence. Theyre fanatical about college footy here (arent 18 out of 20 biggest stadiums here college ones?) and I think that is much more akin to how we follow footy at home.

Whereas most people only watch nfl on tv rather than go (cos ita not flimmin cheap!)

You also have a lot more regional supporting, as most schools cover a much smaller local area. Plus you have different divisions of college football - though no promotion/relegation. Always telling people who say that there is no footy equivalent in the US that college football is the equivalent.

2-0 start for the Pack. I guess I shouldn't really be complaining but we aren't playing anywhere near 100% right now.

The Defense worries me more than the Offense right now, we haven't really had any major pass rush so far this season. The loss of Cullen Jenkins might be a factor but I also don't think Clay is 100% (talk about hamstring injuries). Our secondary hasn't looked that great either, Woodson had a decent game as did Burnett but the rest look well off the pace. We are stopping the run well though, with Raji and Pickett playing really well right now.

Bears next which should be a nice challenge, the Bears O-Line is all over the place right now. Cutler sacked 11 times in the first two games, well on course to break their total of 52 last season. :lol:

Awesome hustle by the Giants who got SO LUCKY when Cruz's fumble was deemed subsequent to his giving himself up rather than simply falling over.

haha, that was a ridiculous call, I was already going through the process of cursing the whole Giants offense

The Packers Offense is carrying the team right now, Defense far from solid in particular the pass rush and secondary. Rodgers is making a strong case for being named the best QB in the NFL right now imo.

I was impressed with Von Miller Abbey, he was facing the back-up Newhouse (Bulaga is out) but he was completely dominant. Dumervil had a good comeback game, bossing Clifton all over the place, something Peppers couldn't do the previous week.

Thought Tebow would have had more snaps.

Archived