BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2011 --lockout season

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MEGATRON!!!

214 receiving yards, 2 TDs. Great show from Calvin Johnson tonight.

Still work to be done to get to the play-offs, Chargers at Ford Field at Packers at Lambeau remaining. How many people really believed the Lions would pull that out of the bag with 2:30 remaining on their own 1 yard line? Great final drive, you want to talk clutch, Stafford had ice flowing through his veins out there. Pressure? What pressure?

We're still not a great team, but the improvements under Schwartz have been remarkable. So many talents in that roster now.

No Tebow Time today? Unlucky really that he had to face off with Brady on top of his game, but he embarrassed himself with the 28-yard sack. "Just throw it away, Timmy, throw it away, stop running backwards, oh, that's just not pretty."

Wonder if Mikel Leshoure has a decent arm? Could have a Tebow thing going on up in Detroit...

You have the put the 28 yard sack in context - on 4th down with 0:40 on the clock and several scores down. Throwing it away made no sense, he had to extend as long as possible in the hope of getting some help.

Tebow had a great game today, Brady was awesome abs the D didn't show up. Turnovers usually make all the difference.

Thanks to the Lions - we needed that!

194 yards passing, 93 yards rushing and 2 rushing TDs. He's always a little erratic but the major differences were the O-line not giving the usual protection he's become used to, and the defense not being able to hang with Brady.

I'm not too worried, the Pats played great. Still a great chance of a post-season in Denver.

I'll apologise, because he did have a good game, and I had no idea about the context of the big sack, I just saw a video of it without looking at the game situation. His passing is improving massively and he is proving my original opinion wrong. But, there are so many people who are so invested in Tebow being a superstar that I couldn't resist the chance to score a couple of cheap points. Credit to him, it looks like I was wrong.

However, there was also some criticism of Stafford a while back that may have been uncalled for in hindsight. Questioning the record of the youngest QB to throw 5 TDs in a game, the most prolific single-season TD passer in Lions history, the 2nd youngest QB to throw for 4,000 yards and 30+ TDs in a season (Dan Marino being 1st) seems harsh, especially when he's achieved all that in a losing team for 2 out of 3 years and with an O-line that barely deserves to grace the field.

Plus, Stafford has proved that he doesn't always have to hang it up for Megatron to get the job done. Fair enough, he did on that last drive yesterday, but Pettigrew, Burleson, Scheffler and Titus Young have all had their fair share of catches in the last few weeks. If it wasn't for his finger injury I think we'd have had at least one more win on the board.

Because he's putting up garbage stats in garbage games? He'll be good, but he turns the ball over too regularly to get into the superstar bracket.

Oh dear. I didn't expect such an uninformed post from you, Eddie. Y'know who else turned the ball over a ton in his rookie season? Peyton Manning. He turned out alright.

If you make NFL throws as a rookie (something Tebow isn't) then you turn the ball over.

Oh dear. I didn't expect such an uninformed post from you, Eddie. Y'know who else turned the ball over a ton in his rookie season? Peyton Manning. He turned out alright.

Oh, well that is most definitely irrefutable proof that Newton is on the road to superstardom. :blink:

I'm glad I didn't stay up for the game last night, sounded pretty dire excluding the last 2 minutes. Looking forward to watching Giants @ Jets tomorrow though, should be a good game and hopefully the G-Men get a victory and keep their playoff hopes alive

Oh, well that is most definitely irrefutable proof that Newton is on the road to superstardom. :blink:

Watching him play is irrefutable proof that he's on the way to stardom. Stating that he's putting points up in 'garbage time' is moronic at best. The Panthers have been in every game they've played this season. With a better defence they'd be going to the playoffs.

I'm glad I didn't stay up for the game last night, sounded pretty dire excluding the last 2 minutes. Looking forward to watching Giants @ Jets tomorrow though, should be a good game and hopefully the G-Men get a victory and keep their playoff hopes alive

I thought it was a very good game yesterday. A little sloppy at times, but tense and exciting too.

If you make NFL throws as a rookie (something Tebow isn't) then you turn the ball over.

He'll be a star because he is exciting to watch and makes some incredible plays, but he won't be a star in the way that Manning or Brady are for consistently leading a team to wins though excellent play and game management.

Michael Vick is a star and Cam Newton will end up being a slightly more complete version of what he is.

Archived