BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PES 2012

Played it, seemed better than the first demo ie I actually scored one. Played some great football with Inter, but did notice a few things like defenders not going for headers when they should and me nipping in and scoring.

I love the LB + pass, don't know why, it just feels so much better than a normal pass.

Now to work on my defending, ain't played a Pes game since Pes 6, so very used to how FIFA does things.

Went straight to the FIFA demo after playing this, and wasn't impressed. Seemed the same as last year and way too fast and arcady

Defending in PES12 is a art form, you won't get anywhere by rushing in and pressing X. You need to use R2 to jockey players and then time your X challenge, have found that by using R2 and jockeying it helps me to retain defensive shape and makes the opposition work harder, patience is they key with defending!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VERY impressed with this.

For the first time in a long time I've finally got that "I made that goal" feeling back (and if you don't know what that is it's probably best to stick to FIFA).

OK, online will probably still suck but hey if I want to go online I'll play FIFA. PES is for getting your mates round the telly and playing winner stays on. Very much looking forward to the full version. I'll be getting both PES and FIFA but I think this time round PES is going to get the most play time. :brfc:

Really glad that PES 2012 is getting the plaudits it deserve. It doesn't look as good as FIFA and the animations could do with some work but for pure gameplay (offline) it is superb, wait till you play the final version, the AI is amazing even down to the fact that different teams play in different ways (eg Stoke play very direct). I to am looking forward to Master League, this year with the cut scenes etc it will add an added depth. The individuality of players is also superb in PES, for example playing with someone like Robben he is good at dribbling, or Xavi whose passing is pin point accurate. FIFA has made strides but still many players just feel generic, so again offline you can spend weeks trying to sign a player but when you play him in your team because there is no player individuality, again that takes away from FIFA's Career mode.

Hopefully online has also been improved this year, Konami saying that they have worked hard to resolve online issues.

I'll still be buying both, FIFA mainly to play online and PES for offline or when friends are over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the game has gone backwards in my opinion, just seems alot of hard work keeping possesion, tackling, shooting, there are no real ball skills that differenciate between players, ie, ronaldo's step overs or messi's slalem runs, they seem to have gone in a different direction with what was a winning formula.

Archived