BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PES 2012

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just tried the demo and its a decent improvement on last year but I found myself bored, I think that might be down to playing as teams I don't like not in master league etc.

Some nice fluid animations and the like but I was put off a bit that I scored an absolute screamer in my first game. The off the ball stuff is a nice touch but sometimes took a while for the right man to be highlighted

Also the code for this demo is 75% complete code. Wierd decision that Konami release this demo as code I played 2 weeks ago was 85% complete and was far better than the demo.

I advice people to download the 2nd demo due mid September which will be based on the final version of the game.

• Backroom

Also the code for this demo is 75% complete code. Wierd decision that Konami release this demo as code I played 2 weeks ago was 85% complete and was far better than the demo.

I advice people to download the 2nd demo due mid September which will be based on the final version of the game.

Maybe just a case of beating FIFA to the punch

Maybe just a case of beating FIFA to the punch

Yup but it may end up costing Konami big time, many people will play the demo and think that it is representative of the final product, they will probably not even be aware that it is not representative of the final game and about demo 2 coming out in mid September.

Tried this yesterday, looks very promising given that it's probably only be representative of 75% of the final game. Last year PES2011 easily reclaimed top spot from FIFA after lagging behind for 4 years, and I can't see anything changing again this year.

Tried this yesterday, looks very promising given that it's probably only be representative of 75% of the final game. Last year PES2011 easily reclaimed top spot from FIFA after lagging behind for 4 years, and I can't see anything changing again this year.

Last year I hated Fifa at first and I desperately wanted to like Pro Evo, but after a while I went back to Fifa 11. The visuals for PES are so poor and the lack of stadiums and licenses really dont help it. The master league is always brilliant, but to me PES still looks like a decent football computer game rather than an actual game of football.

I really really dont understand why they released a demo of a game only 75% complete. Those who like PES will still buy the game but for people like me who are undecided it really doesnt help. If you're willing to be judged on an un-finished final product then you can't use the fact that its only 75% completed as an excuse. I'm not particularly impressed so far but i'll give it another go.

Last year I hated Fifa at first and I desperately wanted to like Pro Evo, but after a while I went back to Fifa 11. The visuals for PES are so poor and the lack of stadiums and licenses really dont help it. The master league is always brilliant, but to me PES still looks like a decent football computer game rather than an actual game of football.

I really really dont understand why they released a demo of a game only 75% complete. Those who like PES will still buy the game but for people like me who are undecided it really doesnt help. If you're willing to be judged on an un-finished final product then you can't use the fact that its only 75% completed as an excuse. I'm not particularly impressed so far but i'll give it another go.

The thing is if you want brilliant graphics and fully licensed teams that PES is not for you, but what people realised that after playing PES for a number of hours that it has deep intuitive gameplay, it was good last year and the gameplay this year is immense, The AI in PES 2012 is amazing and make for a superb offline gameplay experience. FIFA 11 for all of it's fancy graphics and officiial league it fell down for me with it's poor AI and broken career mode.

Having played a 95% complete version of FIFA 12 it is very unfortunate that the AI is still broken. I will still buy both, PES for offline and FIFA for online.

Pro Robot Soccer 2012. What went wrong with Seabass? :(

Also, to me a football game that isn't great online isn't worth bothering with. It amazes me that some people actually still play against the CPU.

• Backroom

Also, to me a football game that isn't great online isn't worth bothering with. It amazes me that some people actually still play against the CPU.

And it amazes me that some people don't.

Each to their own eh?

I can't be doing with playing online tbh which is why it makes me sad that some genres of games are sacrificing single player elements for online.

I'm not sure that it is robotic but agree that animations are not up to ths standard of FIFA, hopefully they focus on that next year.

Of course it is personal preference but personally I love playing offline, you can play a proper career mode or a master league. PES gameplay in terms of the way that the AI behaves is far superior to anything that I have ever seen in a football game. I only play online avaunt friends, never random people because there are to many noobs out there.

Seabass bought the series back from the brink of oblivion with PES11, and with PES12 they have created a gameplay experience which is superb, now that they have sorted gameplay next year the focus will be on graphics and animation.

But agree Dan, if you are someone who plays online then probably PES is not the game for you.

• Moderation Lead

I only ever play footy games with mates (offline), and though the recent FIFA games have been far better games than their Pro Evo counterparts, even the best Fifas haven't hit the heights of Pro Evo on the ps2 (in terms of gameplay). Pro Evo 4/5 were terrific to play.

If you want challenging/intelligent AI which behaves in a very realistic and great gameplay the PES is most definitely back, unfortunately most gamers are more interested in graphics/animations so won't give PES a chance.

Well done to Konami for creating a superb gameplay experience, combined with the new Master League which is also fantastic. I am told that now they have sorted the AI/gameplay, next year they will focus on graphics/animations.

To be honest, fifa is all about the beautiful game, it enforces that so much that everything feels comp assisted be it thru-balls, finesse shots ect..ect.it's a game that sold it's soul.

Pro-evo this year is just stunning to play.

A few things could be tweaked, but by god as it is it's bloody impressive.

Played it, seemed better than the first demo ie I actually scored one. Played some great football with Inter, but did notice a few things like defenders not going for headers when they should and me nipping in and scoring.

I love the LB + pass, don't know why, it just feels so much better than a normal pass.

Now to work on my defending, ain't played a Pes game since Pes 6, so very used to how FIFA does things.

Went straight to the FIFA demo after playing this, and wasn't impressed. Seemed the same as last year and way too fast and arcady

Archived