BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

I think now is a good time to give Rovers fans all the bottom tier of the Darwen End for EVERY game next season.

Give away fans just the top tier (2700) fans, which is more than we get for most away games!!

i know you will get some folk who will go to tell us about the need to fill the ground, but i believe now is the time to act with the 19 game ticket offer.

Of course a lot would depend on demand, but i would love to tell the likes of Utd and the scousers they can only have 2700, when they fill that Darwen End it must feel like a home game for them!!!

What do you fans think???

• Backroom

Never going to happen and I know you just said you expect the answer but it's simple, we wouldn't sell out the rest of the ground. These games are big money makers for the club priced at around £38 a ticket the club needs to maximise sales.

The Darwen End initiative has been a great move by the club and fans and lets hope it continues to grow but some things won't be changing.

The usual half sold out more often than not last season, with only around 200 match tickets available per game (10% has to be left empty which may look like it hasn't sold out).

As well as the singers, there are quite a lot of families sit in that area... but with the family stand offering a generous discount hopefully they will take up that offer leaving room for more singers to expand the singing area.

With the 19 game offer I expect it will be very popular either way, but whether thay open up the other half (if demand required it) is another matter.

Never going to happen and I know you just said you expect the answer but it's simple, we wouldn't sell out the rest of the ground. These games are big money makers for the club priced at around £38 a ticket the club needs to maximise sales.

The Darwen End initiative has been a great move by the club and fans and lets hope it continues to grow but some things won't be changing.

Nice positve attitude you have there pal!!

3 games few more thousand 38 quid a ticket, yep that's millions more haha!!!!

we played utd and citeh(only 5000) for those last 2 crucial home games, we lost all darwen end support, lost the atmosphere they bring to ewood.

Relegation could have cost the club a hell of a lot more than a few extra thousands!!!

I say strike now, there are a new generation of fans (younger) who have finally seen the light and stopped supporting scum utd and scousers etc.... with it being affordable and a much better matchday experience, what makes you think we can't attract an extra 3000 or so. if we could attract more asian support we'd be talking about making the ground bigger!!! happy days!!

• Backroom

It's not about my attitude it's about what is the truth and I've heard this reasoning first hand from the club!

The fact is that NO away team should expect nor be given the whole of the Darren End.Why the hell do we move our own supporters to accomodate away fans? <_< .Rovers fans clearly want to sit in that stand and stay there!.An allocation of just under 5,000 tickets is more than enough for the opposition team.... THIS IS EWOOD

We should have half of the bottom tier even against Utd,who by the way,were the ONLY team to fill the Darren end this season.

Ban the mancs from half of the stand and find them all over the ground, simple really....which considering WE DIDNT sell out a single home game, why should we? Doesnt make business sense.

Get your mates in the ground, get it sold out - its the only way the club would do it!

IMPORTANT INFO RE DARWEN END SEASON TICKETS

Currently the allocated number of ST's for the Darwen end (approx 2,000) are sold out. Around 250 are left available for matchday sales and a further 250 are left unsold for safety reasons (due to the unreserved policy).

If you are wanting to buy a ST in the Darwen End for the first time (whether it's a relocation or a brand new ST) you will be placed on a waiting list until after the renewal deadline and if spaces are made available due to people not renewing they will go through the waiting list in date order.

I think we can safely say that the club are not going to utilise the other half of the stand, so the message is get your application in quick.

Renewals are not affected, you will get a ST as long as you renew by the deadline.

IMPORTANT INFO RE DARWEN END SEASON TICKETS

Currently the allocated number of ST's for the Darwen end (approx 2,000) are sold out. Around 250 are left available for matchday sales and a further 250 are left unsold for safety reasons (due to the unreserved policy).

If you are wanting to buy a ST in the Darwen End for the first time (whether it's a relocation or a brand new ST) you will be placed on a waiting list until after the renewal deadline and if spaces are made available due to people not renewing they will go through the waiting list in date order.

I think we can safely say that the club are not going to utilise the other half of the stand, so the message is get your application in quick.

Renewals are not affected, you will get a ST as long as you renew by the deadline.

Why in Gods name dont they just split the Darren End right down the middle?.We then have home fans above home fans in that stand =

no bottles,coins and bodily fluids showering those below.Where's the common sense?

Our own fans on a 'waiting list' for that stand....I'm sorry but that's just ###### <_<

Sell all we can to home supporters and give away fans 4,000 max....sod 'em.

Why in Gods name dont they just split the Darren End right down the middle?.We then have home fans above home fans in that stand =

no bottles,coins and bodily fluids showering those below.Where's the common sense?

Our own fans on a 'waiting list' for that stand....I'm sorry but that's just ###### <_<

Sell all we can to home supporters and give away fans 4,000 max....sod 'em.

The only reason I can see for not doing that for the 16 games is because of the unreserved seating. Would Season Tickets work in both turnstiles. When the bottom tier was full the stewards would have to shut those entrances and channel people into the top tier. You would have friends meeting who, if they arrived at different times, would end up in the different parts of the stand.

All are probably solvable but wouldn't be an issue when seats are allocated.

The only reason I can see for not doing that for the 16 games is because of the unreserved seating. Would Season Tickets work in both turnstiles. When the bottom tier was full the stewards would have to shut those entrances and channel people into the top tier. You would have friends meeting who, if they arrived at different times, would end up in the different parts of the stand.

All are probably solvable but wouldn't be an issue when seats are allocated.

Why not have a lower tier Darwen end season ticket, and if these sold out, release upper tier Darwen end season tickets?

This would keep the Darwen End split right down the middle for home and away fans, i'm sure the stand was originally designed for this.

Most people I know in the Darwen End like the freedom of being able to sit with mates or get close to the 'singing section'.

If you ended up with 400 people only in the upper tier I imagine it wouldn't be the same.

I agree the stand works better split down the middle. The 1 season I spent as a ST holder in there with away fans on the other side was brilliant.

just put in for a season ticket for the blackburn end and put myself down for a transfer to the darwen end should any become available.The reason why rovers fans arnt allowed in the top tier is its not seperated like the bottom tier on the concourse

Until we sell-out all the stands then why should they? Im sorry but the club would be BONKERS if they turned down money from some of the bigger clubs supports when we DONT fill our own areas.

Until we sell-out all the stands then why should they? Im sorry but the club would be BONKERS if they turned down money from some of the bigger clubs supports when we DONT fill our own areas.

To be fair to the club aswell, if we were paying £500.00 for ST's and in the same situation with the Darwen End there would be no need to rely on away income as much... but as we all know if ST's were that price numbers would fall dramatically.

My hope is that some of the non-singing families see the Family Stand discount as a more attractive option which would open up space for more singers in the DE. It's good to see the club are trying to fill the family stand too.

I know it would be a nightmare but I think the away fans should be given the Riverside instead....its a poor stand, you get wet if its rains, and it only holds a max of 5000, which is enough for ALL clubs. Also as there are no comparable stands, we can charge what we want.

I know it would be a nightmare but I think the away fans should be given the Riverside instead....its a poor stand, you get wet if its rains, and it only holds a max of 5000, which is enough for ALL clubs. Also as there are no comparable stands, we can charge what we want.

I reckon its to do with the lack of an entrance from behind it. Burnley fans probably wouldn't mind parking their tractors in the river and wading across like a bunch of extras from some swamp monster film, but other away fans would have to walk right through home fans (in DE/BE) before and after.

Archived