BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CF) Jose Rondon

Hughesy

I cant see him costing 12-13 million Euros! Its a lot! Only cost them 3.5m Euros less than 1 year ago.

He's a 21 year old who scored 16 goals in his first La Liga season (Played in the Segunda Division before), of course his value will rise. Carroll went for £35m, Sturridge is being talked about at £20m etc. €12m sounds reasonable then, regardless of what he cost a year ago.

With all the YouTube/Villanueva caveats, I really like the look of this guy.

Young, strong, some brilliant headed goals - but also good finishes with both feet, and some that were just from being on the spot.

It's often hard to tell whether it's the quality of the crosses that make the finishing easier, or whether the finisher makes the crosses look good.

Mouth-watering though. More exciting at this stage than Cisse and Vucinic for me. A possible new Shearer or am I really getting carried away?

And if Hugo Chavez came to watch him........

I know its only a YouTube video and after what happened with Villanueva there is reason to be cautious, but... this guy looks the real deal! Whereas Carlos's vid showed him more often that not making defenders look stupid and scoring ridiculous goals in a weak league, this one shows Rondon's goals from last season and proves what finishing ability he has in what is a strong league, therefore I would take more note of this video.

Strong in the air, the brilliant knack of being in the right place at the right time, great composure in front of goal, great finisher - just what we want to see at Rovers and at the age of only 21! Perfect! Get him signed up!

Malaga has got new, EXTREMELY wealthy owners and is doing a mammoth transfer sweep this summer, among others they have brought in Joaquin and Jeremy Toulalan. There is no reason for them to sell Rondon, and no real reason for him to leave for a team outside of the Champions League.

Malaga has got new, EXTREMELY wealthy owners and is doing a mammoth transfer sweep this summer, among others they have brought in Joaquin and Jeremy Toulalan. There is no reason for them to sell Rondon, and no real reason for him to leave for a team outside of the Champions League.

Very true, it would be a strange move for them to sell him.

I think I might be the only person who didn't think Villanueva was a bad loan deal. He got a few man of the match awards and linked up well with Roque.

That said, this guy looks like a good second striker to Cisse.

No, you're not the only one, though there are few of us. I don't care how much scorn comes my way as a result, I rated Villanueva and felt he definitely deserved more game time. He would show some good form and then get benched for utterly inept players like Pedersen. I found it extremely frustrating. Then obviously he was in no way a 'Sam' player. It's also a bit weird because at the time I seem to remember most fans wanting to see him play more, and then since he never did, everybody writes him off as complete dross. Strange how many people changed their opinions of him without seeing him play any more. It might all be for the best though, as I think if Ince had played him more he might not have had to be sacked when he was, which could really have screwed us up!

Anyway I'm not so sure about spending 10 million plus on a -second- striker. Would prefer we bought one top notch one, and spent about 5 million on the other. Quite fancy Felipe Caicedo.

Archived