BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CM) Joey Barton

Guest SuperAgentJB

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

JoeyBartonPaulThomasAP476.jpg

low transfer fee, decent wages, wishes to move, but open to lots of offers.

This is not a "transfer wish" by the way.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best midfielders in the league.

Actually no, he's overrated. He's fairly good as a player, but if we sign him, I won't personally attend any matches til he leaves. I won't stop following the club, but I'm not watching him turn out in our hallowed kit.

Some good inside info on this. He also wants to live in the north west again, or so I am told.

I can't speak for nixon because I don't know his sources but perhaps this could be the midfielder with a "problem" that he speaks about.

Some good inside info on this. He also wants to live in the north west again, or so I am told.

I can't speak for nixon because I don't know his sources but perhaps this could be the midfielder with a "problem" that he speaks about.

He's already stated that the midfielder with a problem he was referring to is Witsel. The problem being he breaks legs.

Was it not Bartons half brother that was a racist not Barton, not aware there have been any racial incidents involving young joseph. I would have him hear in a flash, think he is a dynamic player and offers an added boost much in the same way Savage did. Drags others along with him kicking and screaming and oppos love to hate him which drives the team on. You only have to look at the impact Savage, Bellamy, Diouf (to some extent) had in this way.

I follow him in twitter and he seems a really decent sort actually, quite far removed from the normal numb RnB and white range rover type footballer we are so used to, I saw an interview with him on Soccer AM a few years ago and he seemed a decent lad. Shame he has embroiled himself with some unsavoury stuff outside of football.

Thank's for clearing that up BB. I personally have mixed feelings regarding Joey, but one certainly has to accept the lad has pedigree. I have heard through the grapevine that he would cost in the region of £1m which would certainly be a snip.

If I am to beleive what I am told, he will not be playing for the Geordies next season

Was it not Bartons half brother that was a racist not Barton, not aware there have been any racial incidents involving young joseph. I would have him hear in a flash, think he is a dynamic player and offers an added boost much in the same way Savage did. Drags others along with him kicking and screaming and oppos love to hate him which drives the team on. You only have to look at the impact Savage, Bellamy, Diouf (to some extent) had in this way.

I follow him in twitter and he seems a really decent sort actually, quite far removed from the normal numb RnB and white range rover type footballer we are so used to, I saw an interview with him on Soccer AM a few years ago and he seemed a decent lad. Shame he has embroiled himself with some unsavoury stuff outside of football.

Completely agree. He actually seems to remove himself far from the 'Footballers Wives' lifestyle and comes across as a pretty grounded lad (which probably gets him into the trouble he does).

I'd love to see him at Ewood. By far Newcastle's best player last season and carried the team on his own in a few of the games I saw. Plus he can't half hit the ball. I'd rather have a proven Premier League performer like Barton turning out in the midfield against Wolves on the first game, than have a gamble on a player from Europe who may take time to adapt or not adapt at all. The gambles should be left for strikers and wingers - centre mids and centre halvess should be proven, imo.

Completely agree. He actually seems to remove himself far from the 'Footballers Wives' lifestyle and comes across as a pretty grounded lad (which probably gets him into the trouble he does).

The mind boggles at statements like this. You think he gets into trouble because he's so thoroughly well grounded? Bizarre. He gets into bother because he's a petulant thug, end of.

You think he gets into trouble because he's so thoroughly well grounded? Bizarre.

No, I mean he is no-nonnse, 'what you see is what you get' type of guy - even if some people don't necessarily like what they see. With this he leaves himself wide open for attack and criticism. I actually find this a rare and decent quality in a player, but that's just me.

if you believe everything in the newspapers, he has 3 incidents. He has been in some scuffles when a lot younger, give the guy a break. People in glass houses and all that

People in glass houses? Are you suggesting I'm a thug? :blink:

If I believe everything in the newspapers? Give me a break.

He stubbed out a lit cigar in youth player Jamie Tandy's eye,[26] after he had caught Tandy attempting to set fire to his shirt.[27] Barton subsequently apologised for his actions and was fined six weeks' wages (£60,000)

In the summer of 2005, Barton was sent home from a pre-season tournament in Thailand after assaulting a 15-year-old Everton supporter[29] who had provoked Barton by verbally abusing him and kicking his shin.[30] Barton had to be restrained from attacking the boy further by teammate Richard Dunne.

In May 2005 he broke a 35-year-old pedestrian's leg while driving his car through Liverpool city centre at 2 am

He was arrested on suspicion of assault and criminal damage after an alleged argument with a taxi driver in Liverpool while going to his hotel after a match on 13 March 2007.[53] He was cleared of this charge in May 2008

Barton was fined £100,000 and suspended by City until the end of the 2006–07 season on 1 May 2007, following an incident during training when he assaulted his team mate Ousmane Dabo.[8][57] Dabo said that he had been hit several times, and had to go to hospital after suffering injuries to his head, including a suspected detached retina

On 27 December 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicion of assault in the Church Street area of Liverpool city centre following an incident which took place at 5:30 am.[80] He was remanded in custody on 28 December since the offence was committed whilst he was on bail for two prior offences; the presiding magistrate noted "I also have to consider the safety of the public – you lashed out indiscriminately". CCTV showed Barton punching a man twenty times, causing him to lose consciousness, and attacking a teenager, breaking some of his teeth. On 20 May 2008, he was sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty for his part in the December 2007 assault. Barton's subsequent conviction for the earlier assault on Ousmane Dabo at Manchester City was handed out while serving this sentence.

Even taking out the one he was cleared of and the leg break in the car (could be an accident, I just personally have my doubts), I'm sure you can count. That's still four, and these are just the things that are KNOWN about. And some of them are pretty terrible things. I'm no angel as it happens, but compared to this fella I am.

And that's before even discussing his record on the pitch, which includes several violent altercations, red cards, and accusations of racism and homophobia. And a dressing room bust up with Shearer. And IMO, his attitude stinks too (personality, not his work ethic on the pitch, which is decent).

Has excellent taste in music which is very odd for a footballer.

That's your subjective view and hardly a reason to forgive anything.

No, I mean he is no-nonnse, 'what you see is what you get' type of guy - even if some people don't necessarily like what they see. With this he leaves himself wide open for attack and criticism. I actually find this a rare and decent quality in a player, but that's just me.

Come on. Honesty is a redeeming quality in a person, but it doesn't excuse awful behaviour. What we see is what we get- a scumbag. I don't want to get that for my club. I'm actually disgusted by ANY club who pay him Premiership wages. As to his supposed honesty, there's the fact he initially pleaded not guilty to beating the bejesus out of Dabo, when he clearly did, in front of witnesses on the training ground unless I'm mistaken.

Good player. Complete Tool. You only have to go to youtube and type his name to see how many incidents etc he's been in.

I'd rather have JJ and Witsel crunching him in the middle of the park to be honest.

:lol: :lol: Amen! Not that it would likely be good business to buy both of them, but either/or smashing him in would be magical.

Archived