BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window Chat Thread

Iceman

Re Bigbar: How about keeping Nelsen and Givet as Jones has gone, Samba may go and Hanley is unproven? Not many teams start with one central defender, an ageing right back and a left winger filling in. Nor do many teams sell or get rid of their entire defence and buy in 3 new players. We need to keep both Givet and Nelsen for squad stability.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's Nicko V Cryer round 2. Cryer took the first on with Bruno Ribeiro, who's winning the second 'Jensen' round.

He's either in Pune or Brockhall, which one is right.

Still thinking the LET have been spot on this summer, they said Baez hadn't signed, they said Pavone hadn't signed and they also sauid we had offered the deal to Benjani when the Mirror were denying it.

Kean and Jensen were told to go to India yesterday. That was the case in the morning and afternoon. Jensen stayed behind in the end.

Wow...hold the back page on that one.

Did the local paper know about Kean going or mention it today? Or know why?

Baez has signed. He can't officially join Rovers until he is 18. FIFA ruling.

Local paper missed Pavone. Full stop. I suppose he wasn't here for a week, compelete with wife and weans and agent...

Benjani? I thought the local paper said he had signed. Like it matters...

Congratulations on Ribena.

Keep it up.

I honestly see givet moving to cb this season and olsson making a move back to lb, I remember Kean always saying he likes seeing his full backs going forward and assisting in attacks and givet really ain't that type of penetrating full back. As of Hanley he is now a full international and I see no reason in throwing him into the deep end, this is a big season for him and I think nelsens history of hamstring problems may well show this season.

Re Bigbar: How about keeping Nelsen and Givet as Jones has gone, Samba may go and Hanley is unproven? Not many teams start with one central defender, an ageing right back and a left winger filling in. Nor do many teams sell or get rid of their entire defence and buy in 3 new players. We need to keep both Givet and Nelsen for squad stability.

do most teams not start with one central defender, thank for the info! why is it so unheard of that we might replace them? there are players out there that we should be going for but were not...Evans, o shea, bridge, onuoha, all are affordable and better than what we currently have and want first team football...the lack of ambition is criminal!!

I honestly see givet moving to cb this season and olsson making a move back to lb, I remember Kean always saying he likes seeing his full backs going forward and assisting in attacks and givet really ain't that type of penetrating full back. As of Hanley he is now a full international and I see no reason in throwing him into the deep end, this is a big season for him and I think nelsens history of hamstring problems may well show this season.

Sssssssssssssh dont unsettle anyone by speaking the truth ;)

He will always be a legend in my eyes for scoring a brace and utterly destroying Liverpool back then.

3-1 win over Liverpool - who would have thought we could do that?

Best home game of the season, felt like 4-1 rather than 3-2 when Stevie G fluffed his penalty

do most teams not start with one central defender, thank for the info! why is it so unheard of that we might replace them? there are players out there that we should be going for but were not...Evans, o shea, bridge, onuoha, all are affordable and better than what we currently have and want first team football...the lack of ambition is criminal!!

Sssssssssssssh dont unsettle anyone by speaking the truth ;)

Rather have Nelsen and givet thanks. I remember my first computer.

A legend for one mid-season game against a mediocre Liverpool side? We have a lot of legends then...

Yeah, don't forget David Bentley and his hat-trick over Manchester United in our 4-3 win.

Best game ever in my entire history as a Rovers fan.

Anyway off the point i know, if Kean had any sense he would offload

Givet

. . .

Flop this lot and start putting in some sensible acceptable offers!

I agree with every name posted, except Givet. The man is a very solid defender, both at LB and CB. We would be mad to part with him at this time.

And I second those posters who would like to see Nelson transition to a coach role over the next couple of years. He's experienced, steady and seems to have the right temperment.

Its Nelsen and he has always been solid same with Givet. :wstu:

Givet's best position is cente back,evey other teams fans and pundits always rate nelsen as a good premier league defender not brilliant or amazing , but good enough for the prem.

Rather have Nelsen and givet thanks. I remember my first computer.

Haha what a statement, rather Nelson and Givet?...you will remember the first time a man lays down your quivering body but until that day back to your parents basement kid...

Evans=Not sure, could be good given the chance.

O'Shea=30ish, signed for Sunderland and crap.

Bridge=Not a centreback, and crap anyway.

Onuoha=Yeah, I'd sign him.

Players like O'Shea, Wes Brown and Bridge would not be worth it as they would probably demand similar wages to what they are/were on which would be pretty bad value for money. If we were to lose 4 centrebacks this window, you think it would be so easy to get 3 or 4 better ones, and they'll settle into the club and work together just like that? Life is not like FM, where you can sell/dump en masse and bring in a legion of replacements and expect them to just click into place.

Haha what a statement, rather Nelson and Givet?...you will remember the first time a man lays down your quivering body but until that day back to your parents basement kid...

I've been posting on here for 6years you have been here 2mins and ###### more people off. Mods why don't you ban this guy he is a joke.

Rather Givet over Warnock any day. Can't remember who suggested it after reading through the rest of the crap regarding him.

Kean and Jensen were told to go to India yesterday. That was the case in the morning and afternoon. Jensen stayed behind in the end.

Wow...hold the back page on that one.

Did the local paper know about Kean going or mention it today? Or know why?

Baez has signed. He can't officially join Rovers until he is 18. FIFA ruling.

Local paper missed Pavone. Full stop. I suppose he wasn't here for a week, compelete with wife and weans and agent...

Benjani? I thought the local paper said he had signed. Like it matters...

Congratulations on Ribena.

Keep it up.

And you're winning in the race to get the most stories wrong. Notch that one up too.

Evans=Not sure, could be good given the chance.

O'Shea=30ish, signed for Sunderland and crap.

Bridge=Not a centreback, and crap anyway.

Onuoha=Yeah, I'd sign him.

Players like O'Shea, Wes Brown and Bridge would not be worth it as they would probably demand similar wages to what they are/were on which would be pretty bad value for money. If we were to lose 4 centrebacks this window, you think it would be so easy to get 3 or 4 better ones, and they'll settle into the club and work together just like that? Life is not like FM, where you can sell/dump en masse and bring in a legion of replacements and expect them to just click into place.

Well how much do you reckon evans and onuoha would cost combined...be a solid pairing and good age and salgado on the right and olsson on the left could be half decent...would you not welcome bridge?

I've been posting on here for 6years you have been here 2mins and ###### more people off. Mods why don't you ban this guy he is a joke.

Did i just read that?? are you not embarrassed running to the mods cause things didnt go your way? were you the kid at school who ran home when kids were mean to you?? just because you have been on here 6 years you think that makes your opinion anymore valuable than anyone else or you can pull rank?? its a forum about opinions and banter, ill just leave you alone now before you run to the mods again...what a sad little man you are...

pick32, on 21 July 2011 - 19:13 PM, said:

Did i just read that?? are you not embarrassed running to the mods cause things didnt go your way? were you the kid at school who ran home when kids were mean to you?? just because you have been on here 6 years you think that makes your opinion anymore valuable than anyone else or you can pull rank?? its a forum about opinions and banter, ill just leave you alone now before you run to the mods again...what a sad little man you are...

Guys, take it to the cock wrestling forum discussed earlier - can`t be bothered reading stupid bickering, gets boring after the 3 or 4th comeback

pick32, on 21 July 2011 - 19:13 PM, said:

Guys, take it to the cock wrestling forum discussed earlier - can`t be bothered reading stupid bickering, gets boring after the 3 or 4th comeback

Agreed! So Taggart whats your thoughts on the comings and goings at Ewood?

And you're winning in the race to get the most stories wrong. Notch that one up too.

I'll defend Nicko on this one - he tends to break stories fairly early in the process (for obvious reasons he wants to get his money for the story before somebody else breaks it). Because they tend to be early in the process - or even just in the consideration stages - things change rapidly and many things don't come to fruition. This has been even worse this close season because of the issues around the club.

Andy Cryer relies on his links with the club (plus some others I am sure) - he tends not to speculate as much as Nicko - and usually doesn't get the information as soon in the process. When he reports it - it tends to be correct - but usually (not always) behind the curve.

Both have their place - Andy's twitter account is usually informative and as up to date as he can make it. Nicko's insight (IMO) has helped make this forum more popular.

Agreed! So Taggart whats your thoughts on the comings and goings at Ewood?

I may be in the minority, but Kallinic to go, and get Raul in - he will benefit the team more and contribute more - build up play, finishing and a top notch footballing brain. Would like to see anotehr striker brought in to compliment, supplement.

Would be amazed and speechless if we got Honda, would be a massive coup, but always have the "surely not to rovers as he is that good" feelign about him and how much truth there is in it.

Would love Defoe, would love Reo-cocker, would love Dann, Bridge, SWP,Bellers.

the biggest thing is though BigBar i have no confidence at all in Rovers/Venkys ability to land anyone, let alone those names - i did at the end of the season but am strugglign to keep any faith at the moment, yet I really want to hold on to that last grasp of faith and hope in the owners !

Archived