BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window Chat Thread

Iceman

have I missed something, but were the Rao's not going to clear all the debt? what is this over draft that the bank is calling in?

too many lies, and Kean comes across as trying to cover up things. 1st we had all the money from the Jones sale, now he says we haven't received it all. surely 16.5 should have been up front, with the rest if Jones makes appearances and England call ups?

Yes, you have missed something. But to be fair, most people did. I've pointed it out a few times. As I recall it, the statements from the owners (and possibly the Trust? Though I'm throwing my mind back a fair way) were never more than along the lines of "we have undertaken to service the debt". It's a subtle difference to "we have paid off the debt", which to be fair can easily be missed if you only glance it. But as I read it, that means they have taken on the debt and committed to its regular repayments. Unless I'm the one who has missed something, they have NEVER used the phrase "we have paid off the debt", although various news sources ran with that interpretation off their own bat from those comments (unless they had good sources they never quoted).

So technically, Venkys never pretended the debt was gone. Though some would say it is deceptive language.

As for the poster who suggested we are selling Kalinic to pay Raul's wages...I bloody hope not. That's truly not a sustainable way to do business.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly my point.

Don't bother listening to anything.

Pardon?

Yes, you have missed something. But to be fair, most people did. I've pointed it out a few times. As I recall it, the statements from the owners (and possibly the Trust? Though I'm throwing my mind back a fair way) were never more than along the lines of "we have undertaken to service the debt". It's a subtle difference to "we have paid off the debt", which to be fair can easily be missed if you only glance it. But as I read it, that means they have taken on the debt and committed to its regular repayments. Unless I'm the one who has missed something, they have NEVER used the phrase "we have paid off the debt", although various news sources ran with that interpretation off their own bat from those comments (unless they had good sources they never quoted).

So technically, Venkys never pretended the debt was gone. Though some would say it is deceptive language.

As for the poster who suggested we are selling Kalinic to pay Raul's wages...I bloody hope not. That's truly not a sustainable way to do business.

Excellent post no way can not Rovers afford Raul wages.

One word on this bank subject - and no more.

I have heard who was advising them to pull the plug on the relationship. The owners have heard the same thing - that has now reached me via a circuitous route.

I would dearly love to have proof, but nobody is going to own up to that. I hope the owners come out and point fingers if they have any proof.

There are other clubs getting the squeeze from the bank this summer.

Rovers just got squeezed harder.

I'm sure that the Financial Services Authority would be more than interested in any underhand dealings at Barclays!!!

Schalke_UK Schalke UK fan club

I don't think we need to pay the Raul story much attention. Horst Heldt says contract negotiations will be held in January/February.

what you take of this info,i speak to this guy alot and he knows alot about schalke , i would trust him over you anyday

trust who you like, lee.

i reiterate.. schalke cant afford to pay his wages.. or pay his contract up.. he is being given away on a free transfer.

you watch ;)

englishschalke Oldham Schalker

I see Blackburn are linked with Raul.Cant see them having a hope in hell.They're full of hot air up there ,this line made me laugh :lol:

oldham schalke.. is he employed by the club.. ??? or is he just a fan ?? ;)

im obviously not going to convince you of anything, lee.

have you checked the stuff ive got right yet >?? :P

btw thats not an ego thing.. just between me and lee.. he doesnt believe me at all! :)

oldham schalke.. is he employed by the club.. ??? or is he just a fan ?? ;)

im obviously not going to convince you of anything, lee.

have you checked the stuff ive got right yet >?? :P

no he is a journalist just like you but he runs the storys from the uk that are coming out the club in germany so he can keep the english schalke fans up to date, he was right about jones well before anyone on here, also line taken from the let today,

"reports from Romania are linking Rovers with interest in Stuttgart striker Ciprian Marica, although the club are keeping tight-lipped on individual targets."

just check his wiki, he was released from his contract july the 13th making him a free agent and only 25

Schalke_UK Schalke UK fan club

I don't think we need to pay the Raul story much attention. Horst Heldt says contract negotiations will be held in January/February.

what you take of this info,i speak to this guy alot and he knows alot about schalke , i would trust him over you anyday

Lee, Zac has revealed numerous things on this site, many of which have turned out to be correct. So far you have told people to put money on Adebayor going to Spurs.

Schalke's money troubles are all over the internet.

Too bad Ciprian Marica seems to have one awful strike record :(

he was played more as a winger in his stuttgart days

Lee, Zac has revealed numerous things on this site, many of which have turned out to be correct. So far you have told people to put money on Adebayor going to Spurs.

Schalke's money troubles are all over the internet.

firstly get your lips of his rear, and also it was reported 4DAYS after i told everyone on here, when i told you he was 16/1 to join spurs he now down to 5/1, i still say he has a good chance of joining spurs the only stumbling block is the wages and they wanting city to pay part of them, if i get it right will you start kissing mine also <_<

So it's Nicko V Cryer round 2. Cryer took the first on with Bruno Ribeiro, who's winning the second 'Jensen' round.

He's either in Pune or Brockhall, which one is right.

Still thinking the LET have been spot on this summer, they said Baez hadn't signed, they said Pavone hadn't signed and they also sauid we had offered the deal to Benjani when the Mirror were denying it.

he was played more as a winger in his stuttgart days

firstly get your lips of his rear, and also it was reported 4DAYS after i told everyone on here, when i told you he was 16/1 to join spurs he now down to 5/1, i still say he has a good chance of joining spurs the only stumbling block is the wages and they wanting city to pay part of them, if i get it right will you start kissing mine also <_<

It was spot on info about Adebayor, apart from the bit about him not wanting to go to Spurs.

I presume you mean off his rear, but more than happy to praise someone who has offered info that has proved to be correct.

• Moderation Lead

This is basically an impossible situation for Venky's. If they don't spend money, they get criticised, if they do, they get 20 questions about where the money has come from.

People asked them to speak more to the fans, they did, and the statement about transfers was heavily scrutinised.

Who to believe eh?

So it's Nicko V Cryer round 2. Cryer took the first on with Bruno Ribeiro, who's winning the second 'Jensen' round.

He's either in Pune or Brockhall, which one is right.

there's a 3rd option, ricky. jensen and kean were in london, yesterday.. and were both due to fly out to pune.

something happened ???

nicko. he doesnt need me to defend him.. but he deserves a lot more respect on here.. he doesnt have to post. :)

trust who you like, lee.

i reiterate.. schalke cant afford to pay his wages.. or pay his contract up.. he is being given away on a free transfer.

you watch ;)

seeing that Raul is on again and being the great journo, as you are, you would be fully aware of what Rovers did to him last summer and how they screwed him around, so its obvious that hes coming back for more of the same then!

such reputable journalistic endeavour!

good day sir! ;)

Guest Rovers4Good

(OFFICIAL) Jensen is as we speak sat down in the Rovers training facility :)

They trained for just over an hour and now they have gone indoors.

seeing that Raul is on again and being the great journo, as you are, you would be fully aware of what Rovers did to him last summer and how they screwed him around, so its obvious that hes coming back for more of the same then!

such reputable journalistic endeavour!

good day sir! ;)

didnt screw him around at all.. there were polite enquiries made and tentative discussions. any deal was quashed very quickly.. by JW as he was seen as too much of a gamble.

good day to you! ;)

didnt screw him around at all.. there were polite enquiries made and tentative discussions. any deal was quashed very quickly.. by JW as he was seen as too much of a gamble.

He's on 4 million euros per season. That works out at over £60k a week.

I don't blame JW for not wanting to commit to a two year contract on those terms.

From LT about Pavone:

"Reports from Romania are linking Rovers with interest in Stuttgart striker Ciprian Marca, although the club are keeping tight-lipped on individual targets."

New name? :P

If you had bothered to check the previous page or the dedicated thread that exists for him..

I didn't suggest we're selling Kalinic to pay Raul's wages. I asked a questions as I simply don't know.

What prompted the question was the close connection between our alleged Raul interest and our alleged intent to accept a 4.5 million offer for Kalinic. Doing some rough mental math (based on his supposed wages), and considering possible hefty agent fee and signing bonus, the numbers looked close. With the timing and amount involved, I wondered if it was pure coincidence or not.

To be clear, I would love Raul at the club. He is still class and I think he would get us 12-15 goals. I would prefer to keep Kalinic if possible. I think he is class in the making. If we have to sell a striker, sell Roberts. Throw in Kean, Andrews and Grella as freebies. But I suspect my opinions are of little weight with the owners. :lol:

I see the Rovers next possible manager topic has been locked because it is only speculation at the moment that we might get another manager, should this topic not be locked on a similar basis as it is very unlikely that we are going to sign anyone.

Archived