SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window Chat Thread

Iceman

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how ??? :lol:

You could have tried to be a lot humbler in my opinion, and stop bashing other people like Vital Football and calling them plums or claiming they have no credibility.

It's good if you've gotten some of your information right. Not denying you that.

But it's bad when you start getting egoistic and claiming your sources are more reliable than others, that others have less credibility than you or none at all, etc.

You could have tried to be a lot humbler in my opinion, and stop bashing other people like Vital Football and calling them plums or claiming they have no credibility.

It's good if you've gotten some of your information right. Not denying you that.

But it's bad when you start getting egoistic and claiming your sources are more reliable than others, that others have less credibility than you or none at all, etc.

black burn.. are you on commission for mentioning Vital ??

not being egotistical in the slightest... all i was saying is my stuff gets backed up! your v mates havent got anything right yet.. av they ?? :P if they have no one has backed it up!

Or do they seek another lender? [CLUE - that is what they are trying].

It is shocking timing, but there you go.

Yes, Venkys have dough. But they have been sulking a bit since this knock-back and need to get their act together.

I hope they can get Raul because it would maybe give them the enthusiasm back in a big way.

These people are human. They will have been sick about the bank's decision - even if they brought some of the problem on themselves. So let's hope they have decided to get the cash out...

I am not holding my breath. But the Raul news [which has been confirmed by somebody in the loop by the way] does give me encouragement after a pretty sh!tty couple of weeks.

So basically what happens on the pitch is secondary at Rovers now?

Seriously what can this 10M be to them? Their business empire = my house, their fortune = my meagre savings, so it's like me getting a large unexpected bill. I can see my boss being really sympathetic and giving me all the time I need. If that truly is all it takes to knock people then football is not the world for them.

I'm hoping they've been summoned as the chicken overlords want to do the decent thing and tell them first they've sold us to arab billionaires. These billionaires have promised real investment with real money and funds galore, new training complexs and enough staff to enable a butler per room. However they want to go in a different direction (up) and so's you's both terminated.

how ??? :lol:

Smug when revealing info, then overly aggressive (or defensive perhaps) towards anyone who questions you on the info - I'm not saying you aren't correct with the info, but you aren't exactly charming people or getting them onside at the moment, that's all I'm saying

not being egotistical in the slightest... all i was saying is my stuff gets backed up! your v mates havent got anything right yet.. av they ?? :P if they have no one has backed it up!

why what have you got right so far, still waiting, im also starting to wonder what age you are using the word plum, something my 4 year old son would come out with , if your going to insult me at least be a man about it

Smug when revealing info, then overly aggressive (or defensive perhaps) towards anyone who questions you on the info - I'm not saying you aren't correct with the info, but you aren't exactly charming people or getting them onside at the moment, that's all I'm saying

you take offence when its not even aimed at you.. same with rebs.. ???

my point was aimed at BPF telling everyone not to listen to anything.. then you jumped in with the zac-robin stuff.

why would i need to get people onside.. or charm them ?? when all i do is drop the info off??

im naturally charming as a guy. IM HERE AS A ROVERS FAN.. IM NO MORE OR LESS IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE ELSE.

why what have you got right so far, still waiting, im also starting to wonder what age you are using the word plum, something my 4 year old son would come out with , if your going to insult me at least be a man about it

quite a bit recently. i called you a plum cos you were being deliberately antagonistic, for no reason. thats all.

The bank's trick was dsigned to damage the owners. It has worked. But they should be more determined and get their cash out rather than sulking.

This is a strong accusation. Did the bank just want their cash? Or is there another agenda? "Damage the owners" is an odd way to phrase things otherwise.

You obviously haven't been to Vital Football.

I will rest my case as this is going off thread.

But if you really want to know what they've gotten right, who backed them up, go scourge through the archives and forums of Vital Football. Dismissing their credibility and assuming no one has backed them up or they haven't gotten anything right without even looking into it just speaks volumes about your attitude as a professional journalist.

The bank's trick was dsigned to damage the owners. It has worked. But they should be more determined and get their cash out rather than sulking.

Hang on, hang on, have I missed something here? Are you saying the bank insisted on getting the money back JUST to damage our owners?!? Why the hell would they want to do that?

Edit- I see Dave S picked up on the same thing as me...should have finished my post earlier!

Unfortunately being a source of news is always going to entail some form of backlash. Some of that backlash will be in form of a critique most will be trolling. We see it happen all the time with Nicko and PhilipL.

Now obviously in some peoples eyes it is unfair to attack these individuals. After all without them, it would be a less vibrant place to be. However, there will be just as many and at certain times more people who will see these sources of news as wannabe celebrities or having some type of ulterior motive.

I don't want to be telling people how to post, but the key to 'success' (if I can call it that) on any forum is to reply to the people who appreciate your posts, are asking legitimate questions of you, are trying to have an open and friendly discussion. Otherwise you end up in silly arguments, tit for tat like battles and ultimately it ruins the discussion for everyone.

If someone has 'beef' with you and you don't know why, try addressing it via the private message function of the website. Have a debate/argument/discussion there. That way, you are both less likely to start posting for some sort of point scoring against one another and chances are you will settle your differences and come to a amicable solution much faster.

-Sorry for the off-topic, but I think this needs to be said by someone.

Dismissing their credibility and assuming no one has backed them up or they haven't gotten anything right without even looking into it just speaks volumes about your attitude as a professional journalist.

I know a lot of professional journalists. And there is great variation in the ranks.

And my guess would be that Zac is at the bottom of the ladder, if he is even on it. I can't see any professional wanting to associate with his sort of behavior.

Raul? Again??

I'd say the only person here that's given us any insight that has been good has been Roberto Policano.

I would love to have Raul here. Pure class.

I wonder if the Kalinic sale is to pay his wages?

And I agree that Robert Policano has been reliable source of information and a gentleman (which is far more important, in my opinion). But he is hardly the only one.

I hate journalists. You got something right (I assume, I haven't actually read and don't really care), why be a tit about it?

oh ffs, why does Kean have to go to India again? why doesn't he send them a Faxe :lol:

is it just me, or are Venkys hiding from the fans to avoid a backlash. new season is a few weeks away, we play in the Asia cup, and Kean has time to fly to India AGAIN!

meeting is hold on today or tomorrow? Rovers will goto Hong Kong on Friday.

seems lots of truth are hiding by venkys.

welcome to BRFCS Chaddy's brother ;)

Funny how about 30m Pounds post-Jones has turned into virtually 0 cause of the bank. We are also 3 weeks away from the season with a squad much weaker than last season. Unless we have drastic movement in, we will be in trouble this season BIG-TIME.

have I missed something, but were the Rao's not going to clear all the debt? what is this over draft that the bank is calling in?

too many lies, and Kean comes across as trying to cover up things. 1st we had all the money from the Jones sale, now he says we haven't received it all. surely 16.5 should have been up front, with the rest if Jones makes appearances and England call ups?

Simple maths. Layman's language.

You have run up an overdraft of around £18 million.

You have the Phil Jones money - first installment - of around £8 million.

So you are £10 million short - and need to find it fast.

Venkys say they will chip in £10 million for transfers in the next two windows.

So do they put it ALL in there for the bank to swallow?

Or do they seek another lender? [CLUE - that is what they are trying].

It is shocking timing, but there you go.

Yes, Venkys have dough. But they have been sulking a bit since this knock-back and need to get their act together.

I hope they can get Raul because it would maybe give them the enthusiasm back in a big way.

These people are human. They will have been sick about the bank's decision - even if they brought some of the problem on themselves. So let's hope they have decided to get the cash out...

I am not holding my breath. But the Raul news [which has been confirmed by somebody in the loop by the way] does give me encouragement after a pretty sh!tty couple of weeks.

big question Nicko why did they need to borrow the 18 million in the 1st place ?? when they supposedly are minted...then sulk when the bank wants it back....doesn't make sense...

Archived