BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window Chat Thread

Iceman

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The devil is in the detail. It is unusual. But, then again, what isn't at the moment? Jensen was told to go...

I wish I was at that meeting tomorrow. Big decisions on so many fronts.

WHat meeting is this then ( not being bothered to trawl back) Biggest decision I think will be yes business as usual, , pipe dreams of money to spend are poof. Just as we've been for years, sell off our talent and hope to find a turd to polish.

There is so much crap flying around at the moment that you are best not listening to anything that ANYONE says.

Seriously.

Perhaps it's best that this MB is closed then ? At least it would make part of the country more productive.

Also about the bank problem, I do believe it's true, but shouldn't that have no effect on transfer funds as those funds are supposed to come from a separate account? Especially since the Jones money isn't paid in full anyway, how are they able to freeze 16.5 million that we haven't received? I'm sorry for being confused, hope someone can clarify this.

Simple maths. Layman's language.

You have run up an overdraft of around £18 million.

You have the Phil Jones money - first installment - of around £8 million.

So you are £10 million short - and need to find it fast.

Venkys say they will chip in £10 million for transfers in the next two windows.

So do they put it ALL in there for the bank to swallow?

Or do they seek another lender? [CLUE - that is what they are trying].

It is shocking timing, but there you go.

Yes, Venkys have dough. But they have been sulking a bit since this knock-back and need to get their act together.

I hope they can get Raul because it would maybe give them the enthusiasm back in a big way.

These people are human. They will have been sick about the bank's decision - even if they brought some of the problem on themselves. So let's hope they have decided to get the cash out...

I am not holding my breath. But the Raul news [which has been confirmed by somebody in the loop by the way] does give me encouragement after a pretty sh!tty couple of weeks.

There is so much crap flying around at the moment that you are best not listening to anything that ANYONE says.

Seriously.

That's about where I am at.

Just not been the same since Nickoman teamed up with Zac-Robin

Its very odd, that Kean and Jensen has gone to India. Remember when Sam and Niel were called into John Williams office. What is going on! Keans saying one thing the Media another while Venkys have lost their tongues. Us fans have been a credit to Blackburn Rovers. We were undoubtedly a factor in the team staying in the premier league. While the country was laughing at us going from signing Ronaldinho and Beckham to relegation candidates . Losing an experienced manager to be replaced by a novice Karl Pilkington look alike we still stuck with our team. We filled the grounds and never turned on the club after their rash decisions. This is beyond insulting now and Venkys are losing the most important asset to Blackburn Rovers and that is us the fans.

nicko is it possible they are both going there to get the chop?

Got to say I thought that might be the case earlier in the day. But I wouldn't be certain now after what I have heard.

It will be a frank meeting.

Like - what is there to spend? what happened with the budget? what happened with the tour? what happened with the shirt sponsor? and WHO is making the calls on signings?

Hopefully the answers will come out of that and stop the current problems.

Simple maths. Layman's language.

You have run up an overdraft of around £18 million.

You have the Phil Jones money - first installment - of around £8 million.

So you are £10 million short - and need to find it fast.

Venkys say they will chip in £10 million for transfers in the next two windows.

So do they put it ALL in there for the bank to swallow?

Or do they seek another lender? [CLUE - that is what they are trying].

It is shocking timing, but there you go.

Yes, Venkys have dough. But they have been sulking a bit since this knock-back and need to get their act together.

I hope they can get Raul because it would maybe give them the enthusiasm back in a big way.

These people are human. They will have been sick about the bank's decision - even if they brought some of the problem on themselves. So let's hope they have decided to get the cash out...

I am not holding my breath. But the Raul news [which has been confirmed by somebody in the loop by the way] does give me encouragement after a pretty sh!tty couple of weeks.

Thank you very much, that explains a lot now.

Here's hoping they pull it off, whether it's Raul, Honda or whoever we're linked to.

Be great if we've got both.

Otherwise, we'll be up to our necks in the brown stuff. Gulp.

im not going to begin to try and forsee what will happen in the meeting tomorrow.

if they go.. their replacement.. could already be at rovers ;)

Who, Tony Parkes ? Or, has Beamo bullsh1tted them to death !?!?

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Glad to see someone else take the mantle.

Not that I am defending Venkys or Kean, but I think it's just a case of TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB having different opinions from the rest of them. And why not?

Unless you prefer everyone to sing "Venkys out" in one voice, you've got to deal with some people backing Venkys, and some people ousting them.

So based on nicko's report, we're going to have Raul, no Honda, and no Mongungu?

Also about the bank problem, I do believe it's true, but shouldn't that have no effect on transfer funds as those funds are supposed to come from a separate account? Especially since the Jones money isn't paid in full anyway, how are they able to freeze 16.5 million that we haven't received? I'm sorry for being confused, hope someone can clarify this.

I'm not even sure what post Roverandout is talking about.

.. And I won't be sticking my house on Big Steve and JJ to be sacked in the morning...

so nicko is it possible then if kean gets answers he doesnt like ie transfer funds then he could walk?

Would you walk if you sat on a two year contract knowing that there was no queue for your services ?

henwah all you ever do is come on here and look down ur nose at nicko's info, if you dont like being on here then dont be.

Not at all! Similar to probably many on here, his posts are one of the main draws for me. It's the sidekick that I'm sceptical about

Venky's would immediately gain some respect in the eyes of some fans by admitting to their mistake in appointing Kean.

For me, it would give us a chance to get a real manager in and allow him some time to maneuver in the transfer market before the start of the season.

Archived