BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Diouf

Muddboy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Den the slug has gone! Let it go pal. Not being funny I got over two ex wives quicker than you have with the expert.

I'm well over it thanks Abbey.

Just like to remind those fans now and again, who worked towards this current situation, exactly where it got us. Not surprised they don't want to discuss it any more though.

It's something they need to digest and learn from.

Lesson 1]. If you are a small town club with little money in the Premier League, which has just seen a top ten finish, coupled with rising gates, then you don't go changing the manager and the whole bloody club.

Lesson 2] Remember lesson 1.

:lol: Correct Abbey? Just say "yes den".

I'm well over it thanks Abbey.

Just like to remind those fans now and again, who worked towards this current situation, exactly where it got us. Not surprised they don't want to discuss it any more though.

It's something they need to digest and learn from.

Can totally understand your feelings but may as well give up on that one. Despite mountains of proof that they were totally wrong, the Allardyce knockers will never admit it, will never change their views on the guy and will continue to criticise him at every excuse. Ignore our lack of money, ignore our rubbish crowds, ignore our poor quality of players, ignore our inability to attract real quality, ignore the fact that we're a small club competing with big hitters and ignore all else that needs to be taken into account when managing Rovers in the real world. In good football dreamland the only thing that matters is a Rovers manager who plays good football and that must be done above all else regardless of where it ends up taking us.

Not interested in Benitez Topman. Couldn't care less about him.

You said Diouf only plays for a good manager.

Rafa's a good manager, who's achieved more than Allardyce ever will.

Sam just has that knack for knowing how to get the best out of Diouf and keep him - relatively - in check.

More interested in how the team has fallen apart since Venky's did what you campaigned for, week in, week out.

Stop going over old ground. Sam's gone, and for someone who protests to not even liking him that much, that's some man-crush you have.

You said Diouf only plays for a good manager.

I said that Sam's a good man manager. Kean, IMO isn't.

Sam just has that knack for knowing how to get the best out of Diouf and keep him - relatively - in check.

Managers have had to deal with troublesome players since the game began. The trick, for the benefit of the club, is to deal with that and still get them on the park and playing at the top of their abilities on Saturday afternoon. Whatever you think, that's what a good manager does. Selling a player, rather than sorting out the problem is to the detriment of the club. Mind you, Theno dealt with this a day or two back. He/we know the reason Diouf had to go.

Stop going over old ground. Sam's gone, and for someone who protests to not even liking him that much, that's some man-crush you have.

:lol:

You still haven't got lesson 2 yet?

I said that Sam's a good man manager. Kean, IMO isn't.

Let's look at what you actually said, yes?

Just shows that under a good man manger, the guy is fine.

So you're saying that Rafa Benitez *isn't* a good manager, because he washed his hands of Diouf?

Managers have had to deal with troublesome players since the game began. The trick, for the benefit of the club, is to deal with that and still get them on the park and playing at the top of their abilities on Saturday afternoon. Whatever you think, that's what a good manager does. Selling a player, rather than sorting out the problem is to the detriment of the club. Mind you, Theno dealt with this a day or two back. He/we know the reason Diouf had to go.

Funny how you don't mention Diouf's conduct in all of this. Turning up to the club who pay his wages wearing a Rangers shirt and flashing his winners medal. I'd rather we didn't have players who need to be treated with kid-gloves because they think they're bigger than Jesus, especially when they're not worth the hassle. You're talking like Diouf was one of our best players. His absence coincided with Hoilett's breakthrough. As a Big Sam player, he had his uses. Once Sam left, the writing was on the wall.

And why would Kean buy someone like Goodwillie, who has a bit of a badboy reputation, if he was afraid of dealing with egos?

:lol:

You still haven't got lesson 2 yet?

I'm not playing your game, Den. Whether Sam should have been sacked or not wasn't even relevant. You just like any excuse to gas on about your favourite subject.

Can totally understand your feelings but may as well give up on that one. Despite mountains of proof that they were totally wrong, the Allardyce knockers will never admit it, will never change their views on the guy and will continue to criticise him at every excuse. Ignore our lack of money, ignore our rubbish crowds, ignore our poor quality of players, ignore our inability to attract real quality, ignore the fact that we're a small club competing with big hitters and ignore all else that needs to be taken into account when managing Rovers in the real world. In good football dreamland the only thing that matters is a Rovers manager who plays good football and that must be done above all else regardless of where it ends up taking us.

I disagree with your 'Allardyce knockers comment'. Many have said they were glad to see Allardyce go (for various reasons) but also said quite clearly that they did not expect the likes of Kean to be his replacement. Doubtless a case of be careful what you wish for.

Everyone is more than well aware of what transpired then and what has happened since. Allardyce has gone and you can't rewrite history so there seems to me to be little point in constantly regurgitating it to try and prove something that might have happened if...

In any event, could anyone forsee Sam and Venky's tripping off into the sunset hand in hand? I certainly couldn't then and I don't see it now.

Funny how you don't mention Diouf's conduct in all of this. Turning up to the club who pay his wages wearing a Rangers shirt and flashing his winners medal.

I don't, and haven't defended Diouf anywhere. I'm saying, for the umpteenth time, that it's the responsibility of the manager to deal with any situations in house as best he can, and get them on the park on a Saturday afternoon in the right frame of mind. If a manager can't deal with the modern, selfish footballer player, he's no chance of succeeding.

Sam seemed to be a decent man manager.

Plus, this is the Diouf thread, so discussing the way he's been dealt with by both managers is completely acceptable isn't it?

I don't, and haven't defended Diouf anywhere. I'm saying, for the umpteenth time, that it's the responsibility of the manager to deal with any situations in house as best he can, and get them on the park on a Saturday afternoon in the right frame of mind. If a manager can't deal with the modern, selfish footballer player, he's no chance of succeeding.

And in Kean's case, he decided the best course of action was to remove the problem. Was it cutting his nose to spite his face? I doubt it. Diouf picked up some form but he was largely average. Too slow for a non-percentage game winger, and like I said, he made way for Hoilett.

Sam seemed to be a decent man manager.

I would agree, to some extent.

Plus, this is the Diouf thread, so discussing the way he's been dealt with by both managers is completely acceptable isn't it?

Of course. So why don't you stick to that?

I disagree with your 'Allardyce knockers comment'. Many have said they were glad to see Allardyce go (for various reasons) but also said quite clearly that they did not expect the likes of Kean to be his replacement.

I don't think that's totally true Mum.

Many, many fans [not all] didn't want Allardyce in the first place - remember the facebook campaign and the comments in the LT? They weren't bothered then who got the job at Ewood, - just as long as he didn't get it. Again, many of those kept that same stance up throughout his tenure.

It bordered on hatred from before he even got the job. Many of those also gave us the "give him a chance" jibes, when Kean took over. How inconsistent.

I do take your general point though. Time to shut up. lol.

And in Kean's case, he decided the best course of action was to remove the problem. Was it cutting his nose to spite his face? I doubt it. Diouf picked up some form but he was largely average. Too slow for a non-percentage game winger, and like I said, he made way for Hoilett.

I would agree, to some extent.

Of course. So why don't you stick to that?

IF EHD was just average how come we have only won 9 EPL GAMES IN TWO SEASONS WITHOUT him playing in the team??

THAT one statistic is more important to me than weather he was gay a punk or a charitable human being..otherwise UTD would need another striker and the Yorkshire SEWER RAT would be hung for hypocrisy, after signing Barton!!

Still can't believe how people think the Anti slug folk on here got him sacked! Buggers belief!

Abbey, you and the other anti slugs were used as a tool to damage the manager in the eyes of impressionable but naive new owners by people with ulterior motives and hidden agenda's. The anti allardyce posse were obviously used in a 'throw enough mud and some will stick' campaign. I really am suprised that you still cannot see it.

£1.5 million of filthy lucre up for grabs and you think EHD's personality got him the boot Topman? :huh: Someone else might have been for the chop to make way for Rochina and Formica but the QPR incident and the condemnation from warnock surely and effectively sealed Diouff's fate. There can be no other reason for Kean's 'need to think about it' and the strange need for delayed judgement from Kean.

Diouf's got form for being a disruptive influence behind the scenes, particularly in the absence of his biggest fan. If it happened to any other player, maybe I'd have reason to be suspicious. But his reputation precedes him.

Maybe I'll put it another way..... £1,500,000.00. in agents fees for his replacement;) There does that help?

Or even another way..... Can you imagine receiving well in excess of £4000.00 every single day for a year?

I disagree with your 'Allardyce knockers comment'. Many have said they were glad to see Allardyce go (for various reasons) but also said quite clearly that they did not expect the likes of Kean to be his replacement. Doubtless a case of be careful what you wish for.

Everyone is more than well aware of what transpired then and what has happened since. Allardyce has gone and you can't rewrite history so there seems to me to be little point in constantly regurgitating it to try and prove something that might have happened if...

In any event, could anyone forsee Sam and Venky's tripping off into the sunset hand in hand? I certainly couldn't then and I don't see it now.

Definitely a case of be careful what you wish for. Expecting someone better than Allardyce was unbelievably naive and unrealistic. The man had improved us drastically in 18 months from relegation certainties to top half, on a budget of about -£15m as the owners were trying to sell the club. That is outstanding, so what people who wanted him out I assume expected was outstanding with style, as I said totally unrealistic. As soon as Venkys sacked Sam they showed themselves to be reckless and lacking in football knowledge, who's gonna want to come to one of the smallest, skintest clubs in the league with owners who behave like that? Were people expecting a top name or something? Laughable. Granted we should have ended up with someone better than Kean but we were never gonna end up with someone better or even as good as Sam.

I only regurgitate it when he continues to be casually criticised on here by the same people who should be admitting they were completely wrong for ever backing Venkys insane decision to get him out. If he'd had total support of the fans, Venkys probably wouldn't have dared sack him and I could be following a club with a lot more pride and a lot less embarassment right now. Thats what the Allardyce out gang have contributed to costing all Rovers fans. They should be embarassed frankly.

No they should not. They have a right to their opinion just as you have yours. It was Venky's decision to sack Sam. Fans did not come into the equation at the time. Perhaps you should send for Dr Who.

Frankly, I'm rather more concerned about what happens next.

Definitely a case of be careful what you wish for. Expecting someone better than Allardyce was unbelievably naive and unrealistic. The man had improved us drastically in 18 months from relegation certainties to top half, on a budget of about -£15m as the owners were trying to sell the club. That is outstanding, so what people who wanted him out I assume expected was outstanding with style, as I said totally unrealistic. As soon as Venkys sacked Sam they showed themselves to be reckless and lacking in football knowledge, who's gonna want to come to one of the smallest, skintest clubs in the league with owners who behave like that? Were people expecting a top name or something? Laughable. Granted we should have ended up with someone better than Kean but we were never gonna end up with someone better or even as good as Sam.

I only regurgitate it when he continues to be casually criticised on here by the same people who should be admitting they were completely wrong for ever backing Venkys insane decision to get him out. If he'd had total support of the fans, Venkys probably wouldn't have dared sack him and I could be following a club with a lot more pride and a lot less embarassment right now. Thats what the Allardyce out gang have contributed to costing all Rovers fans. They should be embarassed frankly.

Exactly - the only way was down for us once Sam was sacked, I said the same when Sparky left. Good managers (along with the staff they work with) are hard to come by as we are currently finding out - even if Kean was to be sacked, it would be quite challenging for us to get a top manager in IMO.

The Allardyce out gang contiunally let their personal feelings on the man cloud their judgement over a variety of issues, it has been proven time and time again. There is very little to debate, the results under his tenure speak for themselves.

My God den, do you really honestly believe that, or are you just being a bit mischevious?

Not one of the fans wanted this. No one wanted us to sack Sam and appoint Kean. Plenty wanted us to sack Sam and appoint a manager that atleast attempted to compete with the opposition in every game not just in the ones he pre-determined we could win, or a manager that didn't talk down to the fans and insinuate that we should be grateful just for his mere presence at our club.

Allardyce was an idiot, lets face it. That doesn't take away from his ability to get clubs winning their fair share of football matches, but there's plenty of managers out there who can do that without feeling the need to blow their own trumpet to anyone that will listen.

That's the situation the fans wanted to work towards. The fact that it didn't happen shows that Venky's didnt remove Sam for any reason even closely related to fan power - thus rendering the arguement that some fans "got what they wished for" completely redundant.

My God den, do you really honestly believe that, or are you just being a bit mischevious?

Not one of the fans wanted this. No one wanted us to sack Sam and appoint Kean. Plenty wanted us to sack Sam and appoint a manager that atleast attempted to compete with the opposition in every game not just in the ones he pre-determined we could win, or a manager that didn't talk down to the fans and insinuate that we should be grateful just for his mere presence at our club.

Allardyce was an idiot, lets face it. That doesn't take away from his ability to get clubs winning their fair share of football matches, but there's plenty of managers out there who can do that without feeling the need to blow their own trumpet to anyone that will listen.

That's the situation the fans wanted to work towards. The fact that it didn't happen shows that Venky's didnt remove Sam for any reason even closely related to fan power - thus rendering the arguement that some fans "got what they wished for" completely redundant.

Excellently put, even if I agree with Theno about the use of the phrase "idiot". I'm not a native speaker of English, but something like "######" would be closer to the truth IMO. Allardyce seems to have goaded a lot of people into believing that him and his brand of football are the only way for a club like Rovers to limp just above the bottom 5 teams, and that by extension we should be extremely grateful for his lowering himself into guiding our poor club forward.

I wish to be minted and bang pammy andrson ,let's see if what happens to wishes! #fairytalesarwnotreal

I don't know about that Waggy, Pamela doesn't look like she did in the 90's anymore...

Archived