BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Diouf

Muddboy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not the same as Holloway and McCarthy at all.

The team vs Man United who lost 7-1 featured Samba, Nelsen, Salgado, Jones, Chimbonda (a first team player at that point), Emerton, Dunn, Diouf and Roberts. The only member of the lineup who wouldn't have started normally was Goulon.

How on earth is that possibly similar to Holloway and McCarthy fielding almost an entire first XI of reserves?!

I added "over-exert" to show that I knew fine well that we didn't use reserves in the same way they did - we used most of our first choice and instructed them not to attack.

I'm not going to discuss this any further with you as the conversation is reaching the point it always seems to when you are involved - an increasingly abhorrent tone bordering on insulting.

I added "over-exert" to show that I knew fine well that we didn't use reserves in the same way they did - we used most of our first choice and instructed them not to attack.

I'm not going to discuss this any further with you as the conversation is reaching the point it always seems to when you are involved - an increasingly abhorrent tone bordering on insulting.

You said "same as Holloway and McCarthy".

The key difference is that Sam played pretty much a full first XI. Holloway and McCarthy deliberately fielded a weakened team and effectively threw the games.

The "instructions" given by Sam Allardyce are something completely of your invention, so I'm not sure why you're inventing things and using them to support your argument. Sam probably did tell the team to park the bus a bit and focus on defence judging by the setup and it seems that was an error, but thats very different to not caring about the games, which is what you and many others claim he did.

So yes, I was entirely right to mock you a bit for claiming it was the same as Holloway and McCarthy. They were two totally different situations.

I suspect you're not discussing this any further because I've made you look a bit silly. You seem a bit shaken up by it, I suggest firing off a PM to Topman and setting up some sort of support group.

• 1 year later...

@#/? me! Sense of humour has left the building!

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/01/03/dad-apologises-after-son-blacked-up-to-pose-for-pictures-el-hadji-diouf/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D144114

Some people really need to get over themselves! How can this be deemed insulting when just 6 months ago every other fecker seemed to be sporting ginger sideburns?

@#/? me! Sense of humour has left the building!

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/01/03/dad-apologises-after-son-blacked-up-to-pose-for-pictures-el-hadji-diouf/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D144114

Some people really need to get over themselves! How can this be deemed insulting when just 6 months ago every other fecker seemed to be sporting ginger sideburns?

It's dodgy ground. But surely, in this case and this case alone, the young lad is doing it to pay homage to a hero.

And as Diouf is smiling and laughing, I think he knows it's not racial.

Archived