BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Diouf

Muddboy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He played 3 of the 4 Kean games before QPR.

Then he didn't play again.

Maybe his teammates let Kean know what he did say to that injured QPR player.

No more likely he told kean what he thought of him by not backing him up and instead backing Neil Warnock , and obviously Diouf would not tow the party line of " we love the manager , he's a great manager, we are behind the manager" . Kean does not like players who will rock the boat and expose him as a charlatan. It's obvious he's a chumy chumy type coach in training but now he's ego has been fed with his Jim'll (Jerome'll) Fix It rise to manager .

He did a job for Rovers when he played and yeah his attitude stank, but some managers can control players like that , some can not

He was at Ewood today with a bodyguard.

My Dad's workmate/friend spoke to the woman who was with him and then shook Diouf's hand and had a quick chat (in whch he asked him if he was off anywhere today, hinting at another club - Diouf replied "you never know" and winked). When he was speaking to the woman she said that Diouf was trying to get in but wasn't allowed and that Kean had given instruction for nobody to let him in. I don't know if the woman was with Diouf or whether she was from the club and just passing.

I believe that's my first exclusive. That's all the info I have. Diouf left not too long after.

He did a job for Rovers when he played and yeah his attitude stank, but some managers can control players like that , some can not

And a good manager is somebody who surrounds themselves with players they can get the best out of. No manager can manage everybody. Even Fergie let's some of his superstars go. You don't judge managers on the players they choose to have at a club, especially when that person spits at children. Allardyce could handle him (he appears to be the only one) and fair enough, but I'm not sorry to see him go.

He didn't do anything wrong whist playing for us.. According to facts... Good luck dioufy.. Keane couldn't handle your frankness he only wants arse lockers...

Really?

I'm guessing you didn't go to the Villa away match. After all the stick Kalinic got for the West Brom away red (in which he actually made some contributions before going off), I'm surprised some people are conveniently forgetting Diouf's tackle there. He's been moved on by plenty of other managers.

No surprise he was booted, you can't turn up to pre-season training with a Rangers shirt on and an SPL medal around your neck. Then there was the comments he said to Goodwillie about 'What are you doing here? You should have joined Rangers instead'.

Diouf crossed the line in terms of professionalism and had to go.

And prepared to walk into this, or was. Rangers tax bill will players being getting paid, could they be on the brink?

Ah, Dioufy .......

Loved his desire to win and his willingness to do whatever was necessary to win

Loved his hatred of losing and the way he reacted so badly to it

Loved his "combative" mentality

He understood the Blackburn End unlike so many of his peers

You always knew he was giving it his all - heart on sleeve etc.

The kind of player you absolutely hate when he's not playing for your team (think Speedie, Batty, Savage) but when you see him walking coals so to speak with your team's colours on his back well thats a different matter

Having said that, I don't agree with some of the posts above and felt he was prone to giving away possession needlessly

I also felt there was always the prospect of his "going off on one" at the drop of a hat

Finally, with Hoillett coming through - a better player in every way that matters - and his clash with the manager (only ever going to be one winner there) he had come to the end of his natural stay with BRFC.

I also notice that two years is about the average he stays at any one place

I'm glad he came

I'm glad he's gone

He did a good job for us and will do a good job for someone else

I wish him well to be honest

Diouf was full of passion for the club and one of my best memories of him was after the Westbrom away game last season were he threw everything he was wearing into the crowd until he was down to his boxers, then the stewards grabbed him and covered him up with there coats.

Ah, Dioufy .......

Loved his desire to win and his willingness to do whatever was necessary to win

Loved his hatred of losing and the way he reacted so badly to it

Loved his "combative" mentality

He understood the Blackburn End unlike so many of his peers

You always knew he was giving it his all - heart on sleeve etc.

The kind of player you absolutely hate when he's not playing for your team (think Speedie, Batty, Savage) but when you see him walking coals so to speak with your team's colours on his back well thats a different matter

Having said that, I don't agree with some of the posts above and felt he was prone to giving away possession needlessly

I also felt there was always the prospect of his "going off on one" at the drop of a hat

Finally, with Hoillett coming through - a better player in every way that matters - and his clash with the manager (only ever going to be one winner there) he had come to the end of his natural stay with BRFC.

I also notice that two years is about the average he stays at any one place

I'm glad he came

I'm glad he's gone

He did a good job for us and will do a good job for someone else

I wish him well to be honest

Epitaph. ?? :D

As much as I enjoyed his showmanship at times he was just too slow to be effective on the wing. Alsi his crossing ability wasnt good enough to subsidise for this lack of pace. It will be interesting to know just how many assists he made during his tenure here. Not that many I assume.

As much as I enjoyed his showmanship at times he was just too slow to be effective on the wing. Alsi his crossing ability wasnt good enough to subsidise for this lack of pace. It will be interesting to know just how many assists he made during his tenure here. Not that many I assume.

Makes you wonder if that was true, how he was playing so well.

I seem to remember he spat at one of our fans a few years ago. I've never been so glad to see the back of a player.

He spat at a Celtic supporter while playing for Liverpool.

He was a good player, didn't deserve to get frozen out like that. But he's gone now so time to move on. Next stop West Ham?

Makes you wonder if that was true, how he was playing so well.

He had a good start to the season - but his form had started to tail off even before Sam was given the boot. The Blackpool match summed up the enigma that was Diouf - he had a good game - but most players stood on the half way line collecting the ball when cleared against a defence that seemed to leave him alone would have shown far more end product. Indeed I would have expected Hoilett to have scored and to have created far more than Diouf did given the same situation.

For all fans - whether you liked Diouf or not - it just made sense to free up wages and space in the team to accomodate Hoilett.

It is extremely rare that a manager fails to support one of his players in these kind of situations, you back your players to the hilt, unless of course there was some other reason as to why Kean backed Warnock ;)

Yes, really strange that isnt it!!

Hopefully when QPR play Rovers, we should not let Warnock forget that one!!

Ahmen to your last point Kelbo, I for one, dislike Warnock with a passion, I hope we give him a lot of grief and that he takes his club down with him. As for signing Barton, totally unsuprising.

Also, reliably informed (Ref Diouf) that the owners wanted rid.

Ahmen to your last point Kelbo, I for one, dislike Warnock with a passion, I hope we give him a lot of grief and that he takes his club down with him. As for signing Barton, totally unsuprising.

Also, reliably informed (Ref Diouf) that the owners wanted rid.

Having had quite a few dealings with Warnock in a professional capacity I wholeheartedly concur that he is one nasty piece of work.

Archived