BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Diouf

Muddboy

Have we paid up the little rat's contract or been allowed to terminate it based on his recent behaviour (ie turning up hopelessly late for pre-season and wearing a Rangers shirt and SPL winners medal when he did finally rock up at Brockhall)?

If we have paid things up, I'll be mighty p!ssed off.

Anyone know for sure?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the ideal situation but it's nice to have him gone. Did a job for us, which to be honest will probably get forgotten, but as soon as he wasn't part of the plans he was a nuisance, and he was always capable of losing his cool when he was playing, which he did a few times.

Ah yes he's gone, so he was never any good anyway.

IMO, a good player, underrated by many on here. Not as good as he used to be admittedly, but still good and was playing exceptionall well last season. Could get hold of the ball and keep hold of it when the side was under pressure - something we're badly short of at the moment.

Despite Braddock's assertions that he regularly lost his cool on the park, I would say exactly the opposite. He was no problem to the club until Kean took sides with an opponents manager.

Anyway, we must move on.

IMO, a good player, underrated by many on here. Not as good as he used to be admittedly, but still good and was playing exceptionall well last season. Could get hold of the ball and keep hold of it when the side was under pressure - something we're badly short of at the moment.

Despite Braddock's assertions that he regularly lost his cool on the park, I would say exactly the opposite. He was no problem to the club until Kean took sides with an opponents manager.

Anyway, we must move on.

This bit from me Egyptian Pete

And just to add to that, the afore mentioned Manager brought that nice gentleman footballer to his club, you know the one. He beats people up in the street and puts cigars out in trainee footballers eye, I bet Warnock wont slag him off when he goes off his head and does the nasty tackles which he will do, having said that Warnock is a cock anyway.

So diouf who is never happy unless he plays for Sam, wasnt played because Kean backed Warnock??

I seem to remember he got dropped when Hoilett started to break through?! Diouf is never happy unless he is with Sam, I dont read that Diouf kicked off because Kean didnt back him...thats just a poor excuse to get out.

When?? :unsure:

Personally, I thought Kean was appalling in the way he allowed Warnock to attack one of his players without standing up to him. No matter what he thought of Diouf he was still a Rovers player at that time and the manager ought to have defended him in public even if he didn't in private. Leaving one of your players isolated like that was pretty poor in my view. Even if he had no intention of playing Diouf again he should have backed him. The other players needed to know that the manager would stand up for one of his own. Sadly, he didn't. However, as was seen with his recent court case, his judgement may be viewed as somewhat suspect at times.

So diouf who is never happy unless he plays for Sam, wasnt played because Kean backed Warnock??

I seem to remember he got dropped when Hoilett started to break through?!

Diouf was playing until the QPR game Hughesy. I don't think he was picked again after that.

• Backroom

Anyway, we must move on.

Agree with this, disappointed to see us pay off the contract of a useful player due to personal issues with the manager, but nothing we can do about it now. Diouf's form always notcably dips during the winter months, though, so he won't be too badly missed. Wonder what the odds are on Diouf turning up at Upton Park in the near future?

Top quality player in my book and we're worse off for not having a fully fit and functioning Diouf...His performance away at West Brom for me was exactly what you need...hard to dispossess, generally wins free kicks in dangerous positions and offers a bit of premier league stability which isn't what we have at the moment.

Our loss.

Personally, I thought Kean was appalling in the way he allowed Warnock to attack one of his players without standing up to him. No matter what he thought of Diouf he was still a Rovers player at that time and the manager ought to have defended him in public even if he didn't in private. Leaving one of your players isolated like that was pretty poor in my view. Even if he had no intention of playing Diouf again he should have backed him. The other players needed to know that the manager would stand up for one of his own. Sadly, he didn't. However, as was seen with his recent court case, his judgement may be viewed as somewhat suspect at times.

It is extremely rare that a manager fails to support one of his players in these kind of situations, you back your players to the hilt, unless of course there was some other reason as to why Kean backed Warnock ;)

Never played again after Warnock's personal rant at Diouf as a human being.

Incidentally, the same Warnock who just signed Joey Barton.

Go figure.

Yes, really strange that isnt it!!

Hopefully when QPR play Rovers, we should not let Warnock forget that one!!

So yesterday we were talking about if we could pick up certain players on a free and it came up that if they were released BEFORE 11pm by the club, then another prem. club could pick them up. If it's after 11pm then they couldn't play in the league until jan at the earliest.

It may be childish, but I hope the club waited until 11:01 pm to release him.

So yesterday we were talking about if we could pick up certain players on a free and it came up that if they were released BEFORE 11pm by the club, then another prem. club could pick them up. If it's after 11pm then they couldn't play in the league until jan at the earliest.

It may be childish, but I hope the club waited until 11:01 pm to release him.

They didn't, he went about 10pm last night. He knew if he didn't secure his release then he would be stuck in limbo til Jan.

I've got mixed feelings about EHD:

I didn't like him as an individual for off-field behaviour [e.g. anyone on footballer's wages who parks in a disabled driver's space to save a few pounds is a real "no-no" in my eyes];

but, while he could be a bit of a, shall we say "awkward customer" on the field, he was at least our awkward customer and I thought that the way he was playing at the start of last season was his best spell with the club. I, too, was disappointed that the club manager didn't defend him better in the incident against QPR in January.

But, as I've mentioned before, there will always be personality clashes between some managers and some players, [e.g. Houllier's arrival at Villa, which led to the dropping of Stephen Warnock and John Carew, players whom he obviously didn't rate, when he had managed them at Liverpool and Olympique Lyon respectively]. Mind you, that goes on in many other working environments, too; doesn't it? Usually leading to the manager staying and the "subordinate" moving on.

I know what you mean, texasrover and, as I say, part of me agrees with you [or at least "knows where you're coming from"]; but as he was at the club and had been dealt with before 11.00, presumably the only problem will be if the Premier League don't process the paperwork about his release before tomorrow.

Archived