BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Diouf

Muddboy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the reign of P.Ince we struggled as Ince was seemingly stuck in the old time of you have to respect me because I am the governor, sadly it does not work in modern football, to compel and force players took players away from the cause on the field and some to other teams and others to the treatment table.. His reign did not last long and some players were more than happy to see the back of him..

BFS came and on 30 Jan bought in a player who to most including myself was distasteful to say the least, who was projected by the media as an animal without conscience, whose arrogance will be beyond belief.. Spit as a lot of Rovers to this day call him..even when he gets a car ticket it is headline news for those after his neck but as a Rovers fan you had to look for the real EHD.. When I asked Nelson what he thought of EHD he said he was one of the nicest guys around, ANDY GRAY stated how down to earth he was and how surprised he was when he met him..It is also never advertised in media circles that EHD runs a charity to which he took extra time off at the beginning of this season IF true!! Yes he did come back like an idiot, why? Is it that Kean could not control him?

Why did I fall for EHD? Maybe the games we WON with him in the team to the amount of games we lost without him in the team may have had something to do with that.. Last season after many a home game I wondered why Peter Jackson the Jeweller never gave him MOM? Some of his performances in his,EHD's own opininon were the best football he has ever played.. BUT FACTS TALK louder than emotions..His supposed comments have not helped him since his return but they did take Andersons son to Honk Kong but not EHD..

LAST season during Keans early reign due to the Asia cup Emo was abroad so he had to play EHD.. In the 6 games EHD played W3 D1 L2 Then he was OSTRACISED by KEAN since his departure we have W2 D6 L11 ..

To pay off and let go of a player who Pele once rated who still today has a better first touch than any Rovers player and is at least ten times better than JR in his position as CF is difficult to understand!! But KEAN has also let go of Kalinic and Andrews all of who has scored more goals than our team put together in the league this season.. Yes Kean is part of the problem but to good managers off field problems are irrelevant as long as the player does the business on the pitch..Why pay him off when we have got rid of Emo and with also the lack of strikers it is suicide??

YES as he was a stain on our football club and no matter how much of a nice guy he may or may not have been off the pitch, on the pitch is where it really matters and he was/is a disgrace to his profession.

Also I often felt he was purely in the team under Allardyce to slow the play down and win free-kicks in dangerous areas. Even with space to run into he would control the ball and wait for a defender to foul.

We are much better off without him especially due to the emergence of Hoillet as a major talent under Kean.

No surprise he was booted, you can't turn up to pre-season training with a Rangers shirt on and an SPL medal around your neck. Then there was the comments he said to Goodwillie about 'What are you doing here? You should have joined Rangers instead'.

Diouf crossed the line in terms of professionalism and had to go.

I'm sure EHD turned up like that at the end of last season just after he'd got his medal. Truth is I'd have done the same if I'd received the treatment he got from Kean. In fact I'd have done much more.

People on here are weird though, they hate Kean with a vengeance yet are willing to defend his appalling management that saw him back an opposing manager with much 'previous' against one of our own players. Warnock is a notorious gobshite of long long standing yet EHD was treated appallingly, he was in essence protecting Gael Givet, it was the heat of the moment and QPR were only interested in roughing him and us up from the start. Hoilett as well as EHD came in for some fearful treatment if I rem correctly.

BUT has warnock anything to do with us binning EHD?? From my interpretation EHD was a loose cannon in Kean/Kentaro eyes, an Allardyce man without a doubt who may well have been seen as just another obstacle to be removed in the greater scheme of getting what the new 'suits' wanted.

Has anybody stopped to scratch the surface a little deeper though? Has anyone stopped to think that it's just possible that room had to be made in the squad in order for Rochina (and poss Formica) to sign with all the recently reported associated massive agents fee's? Maybe warnocks outburst was just a convenient excuse to a much more sinister reason? How about you waggy? dopper? Topman, Kennys magic hat etc etc etc? How would you feel if that turned out to be the case cos imo reading between the lines it's highly likely. Have you even stopped to consider the possibilities? Rem at the time that Kean was very non commital and took quite some time to come to his decision?

• Backroom

I'm not too sad Diouf has gone as we have some good creative players, what doesn't sit well with me is the way he was treat by Kean after the QPR incident, I feel he should have publically defended his player more.

I'm not too sad Diouf has gone as we have some good creative players, what doesn't sit well with me is the way he was treat by Kean after the QPR incident, I feel he should have publically defended his player more.

Tom who cares about publically defending a player when there is big big money to be made from simply disposing of him? Two birds with one stone for our 'guardian angels'. Since the disclosure of the agents fees and the Rochina deal it's quite obvious what went on.

No, I think Diouf was booted for the same reason he was booted from Liverpool and Sunderland.

The man's a law unto himself unless he has Big Sam to babysit him.

£1.5 million of filthy lucre up for grabs and you think EHD's personality got him the boot Topman? :huh: Someone else might have been for the chop to make way for Rochina and Formica but the QPR incident and the condemnation from warnock surely and effectively sealed Diouff's fate. There can be no other reason for Kean's 'need to think about it' and the strange need for delayed judgement from Kean.

Know some people didn't rate Diouf so are probably glad to see the back of him, but personally I think its more significant premiership experience wasted (just like letting Emerton leave). I'd say he was our best player up until christmas last year and while Hoilett would have forced him out of the team by now, I don't really understand Kean's refusal to keep him as a squad player. I agree with Tom M his treatment after the QPR game was not on for me. That incident involved him defending a team-mate who had been on the receiving end of a frankly awful challenge, but doing it in an over-the-top way. Kean should have handled it delicately instead of letting Neil Warnock, one of the biggest prats in football for about the last 30 years, dictate to us that we should sell one of our players. Waste of money, waste of experience, overall a bad decision.

Regardless of what we (the fans) think of him, Diouf was a popular guy with the rest of the players. Plus, as stated, he was one of our best perfomers in the first half of last season (when we generally were doing well and actually winning the odd match).

Agree, with those on Kean post QPR game, awful management - thought it was strange at the time.

Anyway, time to move on....

Have we paid up the little rat's contract or been allowed to terminate it based on his recent behaviour (ie turning up hopelessly late for pre-season and wearing a Rangers shirt and SPL winners medal when he did finally rock up at Brockhall)?

If we have paid things up, I'll be mighty p!ssed off.

Anyone know for sure?

Now I know why they don't make IDIOTS LIKE YOU manager why is he a rat? BECAUSE WARNOCK says so ??.. Tell me idiot brain how many games have we won in the last two seasons WITHOUT him in the team??? You should be able to count on your handS the games we have WON!! IN TWO ENTIRE SEASONS!! Peice of advise if your facts can ONLY be counted by the media then don't tell them!!

Know some people didn't rate Diouf so are probably glad to see the back of him, but personally I think its more significant premiership experience wasted (just like letting Emerton leave). I'd say he was our best player up until christmas last year and while Hoilett would have forced him out of the team by now, I don't really understand Kean's refusal to keep him as a squad player. I agree with Tom M his treatment after the QPR game was not on for me. That incident involved him defending a team-mate who had been on the receiving end of a frankly awful challenge, but doing it in an over-the-top way. Kean should have handled it delicately instead of letting Neil Warnock, one of the biggest prats in football for about the last 30 years, dictate to us that we should sell one of our players. Waste of money, waste of experience, overall a bad decision.

I agree..DOES ALEX FERSGOSON THINK WHAT THE PRESS THINK OF HIS PLAYERS?? His stats talked volumes and he battled for the cause sadly very lacking in Keans team.. without him in two seasons we have won 10 games IN TWO WHOLE SEASONS that is when Ince started and failed three others when BFS came but did not buy him and history of last season is FACTUAL in itself..DDSK OUT! :angry2:

Regardless of what we (the fans) think of him, Diouf was a popular guy with the rest of the players. Plus, as stated, he was one of our best perfomers in the first half of last season (when we generally were doing well and actually winning the odd match).

Agree, with those on Kean post QPR game, awful management - thought it was strange at the time.

Anyway, time to move on....

As much as I agree with you the only time we will truely move on is when DDSK is sacked.. :(

I felt he was a casualty, as he was openly honest and stuck his colours to the mass following Sam's dismissal.

By doing that he showed loyalty to the man who has had the biggest impact on his career, and returned the favour by being open about it.

It was a surprise that we loaned him out, and obviously things have been said behind closed doors between Kean and Diouf which are were deemed unrepairable.

Although Diouf is not everyone's cup of tea, I respect him for saying the very things so many of us would like to say given the chance.

Once a Rover always a Rover, He is a very misunderstood individual who gives more to charity than any other footballer I know of

Just shows that under a good man manger, the guy is fine.

You don't rate Rafa Benitez, I take it?

£1.5 million of filthy lucre up for grabs and you think EHD's personality got him the boot Topman? :huh: Someone else might have been for the chop to make way for Rochina and Formica but the QPR incident and the condemnation from warnock surely and effectively sealed Diouff's fate. There can be no other reason for Kean's 'need to think about it' and the strange need for delayed judgement from Kean.

Diouf's got form for being a disruptive influence behind the scenes, particularly in the absence of his biggest fan. If it happened to any other player, maybe I'd have reason to be suspicious. But his reputation precedes him.

You don't rate Rafa Benitez, I take it?

Allardyce is a good man manager. Problems with Samba only became public and a problem under Kean, as did problems with Diouf. Well, to be exact, there were no problems with Diouf under Sam.

Still, you got your wish Topman, we sacked him.

Allardyce is a good man manager. Problems with Samba only became public and a problem under Kean, as did problems with Diouf. Well, to be exact, there were no problems with Diouf under Sam.

You didn't answer my question.

Still, you got your wish Topman, we sacked him.

Please. Are you bored or something?

Archived