BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

Craigman

Its also been a the holy grail for donkey years for European teams to find a Chinese or Indian player and then to turn them in to a world beater.

The problem is finding the kids early enough.

If we are setting up an academy in Pune then this really gives us the opportunity to train them well from an early age. It's too late to start picking them up in their mid-late teens and expect them to reach PL level.

There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of kids with the potential to be top level players, they just don't have the benefit of being coached in the right way from an early age. By the time they get into their teens, the ones with talent will have been far surpassed by their peers in other continents who have had the benefit of good training.

It's a bloody long way down the line before we can consider getting any young players from Asia into our squad though. So far in fact that it's barely worth thinking about.

Right then, Mr. Singh is like the Indian equivilent of Garth Crooks or Charlie Nicholas, and he is in charge of promoting Blackburn in India, and trying to use that to promote football and find Indian talent.

Is that about right?

Mr. Singh is a Malaysian Indian - a national of Malaysia. I've seen him as a pundit on TV many times over the years - he is a legend to himself.

Just looked him up in Wikipedia - they sum it up better that I can. Made me laugh.

If he's promoting Venky's eggs and chickens he should be ok.

What a load of codswallop - more ###### from our owners.

There's a couple of interesting statements i this article:

Oh so now the Raos are SO RICH they just pop out to buy a club from petty cash. Well the last eight months have proved this to be a lot of nonsense.

Ah ha so we are not really that interested in the PL but our main priority is to develop football in India and Asia.

Brand awareness in India, don't make me laugh!

Two choices Venky's - put your money where your mouth is and put quality footballers on the pitch or p!ss off.

Usual negative garbage to everything.

No I have not seen every footballer in the SE Asia but I do watch lots of international football from this region as it happens to be on my time zone. The level of football in general is very poor.

Of course if you bothered to look at the FIFA football rankings yourself you would see these countries are miles behind the Europe. India are so bad they are below Wales!!!

FifaRankings.png

Its also been a the holy grail for donkey years for European teams to find a Chinese or Indian player and then to turn them in to a world beater.

And yet Wales have Gareth Bale, your argument is?

And yet Wales have Gareth Bale, your argument is?

LMAO yes Wales have Bale and Ramsey and they are still terrible. India don't even have that.

India is miles away from producing any talent can play in Europe. It will be a long road and it will take lots items to be in place most of which Venkys have no or little control over.

So therefore they shouldn't even bother?

Alternatively, it is something else to moan about I suppose <_<

Alternatively, if you look at it as giving a lot of people pleasure, which it almost certainly will, what harm can it do?

After the break-out of all the usual MessageBoard hyseria from all the usual sources about Shebby, I will still loan him my Ronnie Clayton Autobiography!

Cripes(to copy from another thread) has half this once famous Board gone 'anti' everything.

What you could do with is Jim Iley in charge again....Caretaker??

3 negative posters out 20 odd (across 40 posts), 2 more that couple be taken that way at a push.

The only reason people think this forum puts a negative slant on everything is people keep bloody saying it (it' doesn't make it true though).

3 negative posters out 20 odd (across 40 posts), 2 more that couple be taken that way at a push.

The only reason people think this forum puts a negative slant on everything is people keep bloody saying it (it' doesn't make it true though).

It isn't the forum, it's the folk that post on it.

This Shabba or what ever he's called seems to be a kind of SE Asia sports media guru. I cant see the harm in the appointment and it seems to fit in with Venky's aim of growing the brand. (Their's and Rovers')

It isn't the forum, it's the folk that post on it.

I agree, but it's such a small percentage of them (not particular talking about this thread, the forum in general), but they get a disproportionally high amount of attention .

There is a line between concerned and negative. Rovers has (quite rightly) a hell of a lot of concerned fans at the moment, but very few actual negative ones.

I can tell you there is zero football talent here in South East Asia or India that is anywhere near the standard of the EPL.

There are probably a few Korean and Japanese players that could cut in the EPL but they cost money.

And there's the rub, people seem to think all you need to do is build a ground chuck some coaches on the pitch and hey presto and Indian football player. If it truly was that simple, then the asian countries would be right up there with Europe and SA countries, but there not. Take Japan for example, technically great but they lack game intelligence, why? Culture maybe, but it's a big part of the reason Japan has put in place a plan to make them a world force in football and are spending serious cash on it all. Timescale for the Japanese super plan, 100 years to fruition.

Even just looking at America, there coaching badges are seen as less than ours and even after 30 odd years the worlds best funded sporting nation cannot make it's mark on the world game. Even if Venky's invest in India it will take millions and millions of pounds to achieve and we'd be lucky to see results in the next 10-20 years and for consistent ones many years more.

There is a line between concerned and negative.

There is, but we currently have posters saying that they hope we lose our next match. That's definately in the latter camp for me and indicative of a very unhealthy faction amongst the club's "support".

Sorry to go OT.

There is, but we currently have posters saying that they hope we lose our next match. That's definately in the latter camp for me and indicative of a very unhealthy faction amongst the club's "support".

I haven't said I want the next game to be a loss DGS, but I reckon those people would see a loss, if it results in the club employing a new manager as a very positive approach and the way for the club to move forward. I also guess they see people wanting the current manager continually given more time as a very big negative stance.

It's all down to how people see the situation.

Archived