BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

Craigman

Brilliant find,why havn't Rovers made a formal announcement, as this shows they are looking to a long term future to football in Asia, and hopefully with Rovers.The fact that this guy got interested in football through Ronnie Claytons book,must mean he has a soft spot for Rovers. May be just may be, Venky's are getting things right, and are with Rovers for the long haul.

• Backroom

How come the Venky's aren't telling us stuff like this? it would certainly get people on their side - knowing they are now taking this seriously.

Looks like the famous Venky PR machine in action yet again (another missed opportunity to inform the fans about goings on in the club)!!

Yeah great news now we have a TV presenter advising Venkys :rolleyes:

How the hell the is a step in the right direction I have no clue.

He is a former international footballer (so has a background in the game), and he is advising them on football development in India and asia as a whole. It shows that they are looking at things in the long term here. For what they want him to do (help with football development and hence increase brand awareness) he is well qualified to do that.

The positive is that along with them bringing things in house in terms of transfer etc and now this it shows that they are hopefully committed to Rovers in the medium term. Things aren't perfect but it now appears that finally Venky's are trying to put things right.

I just got some reliable info that there was intended to be a planned release of this info to the fans (it was in fact hinted at yesterday, but I didn't make the connection until it was pointed out), but it seems that yet again (as inadvertently happened with the dedication of the stand) the news has leaked out (from India, not the club) before it was supposed to.

Fortunately don't see so much of him since TrueV now show all EPL games and Dykes left ESPN Star. As long as he's kept away from Ewood and from UK TV appearances then Rovers should survive this appointnment. From what I've seen of him on TV he will just love being in the limelight with Venkys/Rovers - give him more chance to show of his different 'guy' hairstyles..............unbelievable

Get him over to Ewood and have his picture taken in front of the Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End with the book in his hand.

I will loan him my copy!

Key details.....honest,respected,truthful and not very content with the Peter Reid School of Managers that Malaysia gets (Paul Parker, Steve MacMahon etc)Andy Cryer get on to it!

Brilliant find,why havn't Rovers made a formal announcement, as this shows they are looking to a long term future to football in Asia, and hopefully with Rovers.The fact that this guy got interested in football through Ronnie Claytons book,must mean he has a soft spot for Rovers. May be just may be, Venky's are getting things right, and are with Rovers for the long haul.

He's a Spurs fanatic - not a crime but that's who he follows.

Fortunately don't see so much of him since TrueV now show all EPL games and Dykes left ESPN Star. As long as he's kept away from Ewood and from UK TV appearances then Rovers should survive this appointnment. From what I've seen of him on TV he will just love being in the limelight with Venkys/Rovers - give him more chance to show of his different 'guy' hairstyles..............unbelievable

Well said mate. Now true have all the games the only time I have to listen to him talking crap is when its an FA Cup game that TrueSports are not showing.

I don't think his sexuality as anything to do with it (insert smilie)!

I thought of Vinjay when I read it.

Sorry mate a typo :blush:

I will of course edit it now.

He is a former international footballer (so has a background in the game), and he is advising them on football development in India and asia as a whole. It shows that they are looking at things in the long term here. For what they want him to do (help with football development and hence increase brand awareness) he is well qualified to do that.

The positive is that along with them bringing things in house in terms of transfer etc and now this it shows that they are hopefully committed to Rovers in the medium term. Things aren't perfect but it now appears that finally Venky's are trying to put things right.

I can tell you there is zero football talent here in South East Asia or India that is anywhere near the standard of the EPL.

There are probably a few Korean and Japanese players that could cut in the EPL but they cost money.

Well said mate. Now true have all the games the only time I have to listen to him talking crap is when its an FA Cup game that TrueSports are not showing.

I think Shebby got the ESPN Star job originally only so they could have a token 'local' on the show with, as you will know, the rest of the pundits being from the UK or Aussie. He did improve a bit as time went bye whilst his hairdos went in to opposite direction.

I don't think he got into promoting plots of UK swampland like some of the others.

How many times did he tip us for relagation - answer is... most years if not all!

Anyway keep him in Asia for damage limitaion.

I can tell you there is zero football talent here in South East Asia or India that is anywhere near the standard of the EPL.

Its not about finding EPL standard players, its about looking at the billions of people and finding the best young talent to bring over and train into proper footballers.

To say there is ZERO football talent is PATHETIC! How can you say that? Have you watched every single person in SE Asia or India?? <_<

Its not about finding EPL standard players, its about looking at the billions of people and finding the best young talent to bring over and train into proper footballers.

To say there is ZERO football talent is PATHETIC! How can you say that? Have you watched every single person in SE Asia or India?? <_<

No I have not seen every footballer in the SE Asia but I do watch lots of international football from this region as it happens to be on my time zone. The level of football in general is very poor.

Of course if you bothered to look at the FIFA football rankings yourself you would see these countries are miles behind the Europe. India are so bad they are below Wales!!!

FifaRankings.png

Its also been a the holy grail for donkey years for European teams to find a Chinese or Indian player and then to turn them in to a world beater.

Sorry mate a typo :blush:

I will of course edit it now.

There are probably a few Korean and Japanese players that could cut in the EPL but they cost money.

This is not about finding a talent to come and play in at Rovers, he acknowledges "“Venky’s are well aware that an Indian (citizen) will never play at the top levels of club competition in England. However, English football via Blackburn Rovers will be able to help develop not just one or two, but many football stars for India.

“We are going to unearth potentially outstanding talent in India first, and send them over to be given the right guidance and coaching for a more enriching football education".

This about football development and using Rovers as vehicle to do this, it is in line with what Venky's said in November. Venky's believe that this will help to enhance Rovers brand awareness etc. in India (for example having Rovers coaching schools in India).

What a load of codswallop - more ###### from our owners.

There's a couple of interesting statements i this article:

That should give you an idea as to how they can afford to just go out and buy an EPL club without much thought. They may have had some notion of what to do with the club, but really hadn't planned anything concrete.

Oh so now the Raos are SO RICH they just pop out to buy a club from petty cash. Well the last eight months have proved this to be a lot of nonsense.

"Branding and marketing the game and the Blackburn Rovers name is very important to Venky's," Shebby said in an exclusive interview, adding "but their main priority is football development in India and, to a larger extent, Asia."

Ah ha so we are not really that interested in the PL but our main priority is to develop football in India and Asia.

Brand awareness in India, don't make me laugh!

Two choices Venky's - put your money where your mouth is and put quality footballers on the pitch or p!ss off.

Archived