BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fan on the Board ?

Craigman

do you drive a Delorian?

No.

Fans have to ask themselves - did we have great communication from the Walker trust or could we even put names to these mystery men? RE the board member - I'd much rather have someone like Tom Finn back on the board (a fan but also a level headed chap) than an egotistical, inexperienced terrace fan.

We need results, nothing more. The mere talk of suggesting putting a supporter on the board is idiotic. We have our voices on the terraces and even though we support the same side, our thoughts and opinions are polarized.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you for once Pedro.

All we need is Venky's to employ a competent manager and reinstate the kind of corporate structure that worked so well for us.

I'd prefer it if I never heard from the Rao brothers again, alas as their PR vehicle, that won't happen.

I agree with you for once Pedro.

All we need is Venky's to employ a competent manager and reinstate the kind of corporate structure that worked so well for us.

I'd prefer it if I never heard from the Rao brothers again, alas as their PR vehicle, that won't happen.

Haha, finally we have something in common other than our love for Rovers!

I think our only real difference is that I was prepared to give Kean a bit of a clean clean slate, TBH he's a game or two (a defeat or two) away from outstaying his welcome for me now.

Not sure about the idea of joining the board and the impact that would have. Something more akin to a consultancy role may be better.

What is needed is for a 'fans eye view' - a match report submitted to the Rao's by say 3 fans (allows for differing opinion) on a weekly basis, not based upon statistics.

Said fans to have quarterly meetings with Rao family - eg Mrs Desai, based on a mandate from fans, with guarantees that all questions to be answered.

Transfers, playing side etc left entirely to manager. Though monitoring of said manager/team through match reports and meetings.

For it to work, there would have to be the utmost transparency. No NDAs etc, with the appointed fans able to feedback responses to other fans without repercussion.

Finally. To make things truly democratic, put key issues to all ST holders through mailshots etc.

For example, the manager issue. If all St holders are sent a card - do you support the current manager (yes, no). A response of more than say 90% saying 'no' should trigger an EGM with a motion the manager is removed.

But I don't think they care what the fans think.

They just want their ###### company's name on billboards. They want their punchable mugs on telly.

I just hope the Trust are satisfied with themselves. They disposed of an irksome asset and I don't think they've given it one backward glance to see how things panned out.

But I don't think they care what the fans think.

They just want their ###### company's name on billboards. They want their punchable mugs on telly.

Bryan, Abs, totally agree. Why should we think otherwise. Naive? negligent even? We keep presuming that they actually care. I've seen nothing to date to suggest they do. Zip. Kentaro did a job on us? V's have Severed all links? Then why is Kean still here? Surely that is THE biggest link to them? And his record of 3 wins in 20 league games should speak for itself. All JJ's fault?!

Are they really that clueless? Or is there another reason? What could it be?

Anyway. Wrong thread again.

I'll be there, hoping we win. But on a good day they'd still turn us over. Sod that logic, if we're getting mullered we must let them know.

Kean out.

Archived