BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fan on the Board ?

Craigman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: dear God, one thing and one thing only will unite the fanbase: SACKING STEVE KEAN AND BRINGING IN A REAL MANAGER.

Seems they'll do almost anything except the one thing most of us want.

What next? Free chicken, inflatable toys, piggyback rides round the concourse.

Sack Kean get a good manager with experience, get a good chairman and live up to the promise you made the trust when you took over.

I have never known people so distant from reality.

Could be a good move IMO.

After some of the criticism of tha fans forum this last week lets hope the fan is elected and voted for by the fans.

Absolutely right. However I don't think I have ever criticised the FF. Just their undemocratic selection as representatives of the majority of the fans. I'm sure that you are all great people. I just don't know most of you.

• Backroom

Absolutely right. However I don't think I have ever criticised the FF. Just their undemocratic selection as representatives of the majority of the fans. I'm sure that you are all great people. I just don't know most of you.

That's fair enough Al, and to be honest I doubt there would have been any reason to call into doubt our selection criteria had this trip not come up.

I can only represent myself and anyone who asks me to, I'm not arrogant enough to ever presume I have to right to speak for others.

However if a fan was to be on the board they WOULD be speaking on behalf of all the fans, interestingly wasn't this the ultimate goal of BRST?

A fan on the board could get much more feedback to the owners more regulary, from the FF, and from fans around the ground or on forums like this. Its an excellent move - just be interesting who they choose and why.

People should put themselves forward and then the rest of the fans should get to vote on who they want, based on what that fan has to say about why they would be the right fan to be on the board.

Glen - that wasnt why you was in talks with the club today was it?? :unsure:

I had some constructive and frank talks with the club on Wednesday, these talks will resume on their return from Pune. The focus was very much on building communication levels between club and supporters. These are at an early stage but some good progress was made.

Communication has sadly evaporated over the last 10 months, but the club has welcomed an open invite I put to them nearly two weeks ago and have now initiated talks, which so far have gone well.

Has anybody else followed the link from Nixon's original article to his "Exclusive" linking us with Martin O'Neill? In there, it includes the following:

Steve Kean is facing a new Blackburn headache - how to replace his old No.2 John Jensen.

Kean wants to bring in close pal, and former Rovers player, Billy McKinlay as his assistant after ex-Arsenal midfielder Jensen’s nine-month stay ended this week.

However the Rovers heirarchy would prefer a senior figure to come in to give Kean some experienced help, with Martin O'Neill’s name surprisingly being touted within Ewood Park.

I reckon Billy would toughen up our present midfield! :o

Personally, I think Glen would be perfect for that role Hughsey. Why do they need to be democratic and have people vote on fans when ppl will pick for their own reasons not because one is better than the other.

If a fan goes on the board, Venkys should pick one and given that Glen has done more in the last 3 months than anyone else in raising awareness of fans feeling and attempts to get Rovers to communicate....well, theres my vote, should there be a need.

• Backroom

To be fair BomBom I'd imagine Glen himself would want it to be voted on as the lack of a selection process was one of his comcerns with the fans forum I think.

He would be put forward as a candidate though and would be backed I would imagine.

Oooh. I guessed right (or at least I guessed the same as whoever tipped Nicko off).

If true, it's a brave move and fraught with potential problems (just ask Man City, who did it in the late 90s), but if the club can pull it off, then more power to them. Anything that brings the club/owners and fans closer together is a good move in my eyes.

Whilst the lefty in me would like to see some kind of election (I'd love to see it on the FF too, but until recently there haven't been enough interesting people to justify it), but it would be an absolute nightmare to organise it.

• Backroom

I do think it could be a positive if done right.

Ideally id like to see it from a group ala BRISA / BRST with an elected chairman of said group taking a seat on the board.

This way it's not one individual as such but one person simply putting the thoughts of a collective unit forward.

Either way I hope even that they are looking into things like this and conversing with Glen and others is a sign that they do want more dialogue and input from fans. Hopefully it leads somewhere.

I do think it could be a positive if done right.

Ideally id like to see it from a group ala BRISA / BRST with an elected chairman of said group taking a seat on the board.

This way it's not one individual as such but one person simply putting the thoughts of a collective unit forward.

Either way I hope even that they are looking into things like this and conversing with Glen and others is a sign that they do want more dialogue and input from fans. Hopefully it leads somewhere.

As I said in my previous post Many Many things were discussed, e.g action groups, selection processes, ect ect.

These talks are on-going and idea's are being bounced around in a style I like, Totally open and honest. Niko is perhaps running before he can walk, as nothing has been decided and I will not add to the speculation to where these talks will lead, and who else will be brought to the table to discuss things ect ect.

My biggest concern off the pitch is communication and I feel this issue is something all supporters would like to improve.

Sometimes when you don't like something, or think something could be improved its better to roll your sleeves up, and get involved. Blackburns willingness to welcome that involvement is commendable and gives hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Sometimes when you don't like something, or think something could be improved its better to roll your sleeves up, and get involved. Blackburns willingness to welcome that involvement is commendable and gives hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel

I fear there's no 'light at the end of the tunnel' while Kean remains manager. No matter how much talking you do.

To quote from the paper ''Following fan protests against boss Steve Kean, the club have started to react more and want to bring the supporters into the 'family' in an attempt to stop unrest''

A 'fan' on the Board elected by whom? representing whom? presumably a Scot to get on with Kean?

Venky's are still selling the 'family' concept to shut up protests about the real current problem - Kean and themselves.

If a 'fan' - elected or more probably by the look of it so far self-elected/promoted gets on to the Board then Venky's have a ready made answer to any further criticisms.

We have a Fans Forum already - why not get the club to listen to them on a wider range of matters.

Better surely for fans to be represented by the FF than any individual.

In summary IMO it's a complete nonsense.

I don't buy into it unfortunatly.

The fan could be anyone and would may be there just to tell the board what they want to hear and not be a true representation of the fans. Its another publicity stunt Im afraid

Fan on the Board?

Football on the pitch first then there might be some point to an appointment.

I find the phrase used by Nicko of "bring a fan into the family" quite disturbing.

I don't trust the Raos or believe anything they say. Bringing a fan into the family smacks of paying lip service to the support while continuing to exploit the club. Nothing of real note would be discussed in the fan's presence.

Whoever the fan is, I'd be very very careful about this appointment.

My personal opinion is there is a reasonable possibility that Rovers are in breach of English legislation in the way the affairs of the company are being conducted and anyone accepting a formal board appointment will be accepting personal legal responsibilities.

If it is not a full Directorship then we are looking at a publicity stunt in calling this a fan on the Board.

Whoever gets appointed (if indeed, anyone is appointed), I would suspect they are ona hiding to nothing.

I don't think it is in the culture of the Rao's to be told what to do. Maybe they are just looking for a fall guy to blame for every future disastrous decision they make.

I agree it is a gimmick. If they'd kept John Williams and listened with humility to an experienced football man, we wouldn't be in such dissarray and we wouldn't be contemplating such radical and pointless moves.

Sorry, for me it's another lip service strategy. If they were listening to fans, reading messageboards and newspapers, listening to national radio and taking notice of fans then the imposter would be out of work.

My trust of that lot has all but gone and the only way they can start to regain that is by getting shut of the imposter.

Archived