BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football history

ABBEY

Has there ever been in the history of football an owner of a club that has only ever been to one game in their entire life? Who knows so little about the game and has a worse bond with fans than our "good " lady?

The challenge is to find out.

I read somewhere that the Bhatti brothers in the 70,s bought Wolves, asset stripped the club resulting in relegation through the

leagues to the fourth division. Only when Jack Hayward took an interest did they start to recover. I assume they were of indian

extraction.

I reckon this guy could run her close Bill Archer

I wouldn't fancy his chances if my father in law met him.

Interesting read - I looked him up: ''At the height of the troubles over the sale of the Goldstone Brighton fans resorted to direct action, travelling the length of the country to target Mellor, Lancashire, where Archer lived. The normally quiet village was taken over by large groups of irate Albion fans who informed neighbours of his actions, put up posters and attempted to embarrass Archer into reconsidering his decision to sell their club's ground. But in the words of one resident "In my opinion, he will let it pass without a thought." This turned out to be the case.

I remember coming across a large mob of Brighton fans marching up Whinney Lane at the time, when I used to live up Mellor. I think they had been playing Preston and had taken the opportunity to visit him. It was a surreal sight, and I stopped and joined in for a while for want of something better to do, until the lure of the pit got the better of me.

Has there ever been in the history of football an owner of a club that has only ever been to one game in their entire life? Who knows so little about the game and has a worse bond with fans than our "good " lady?

Funny enough there is one owner who has only been to one match,they are 1 0 up at the moment and top of the premier league....

Think Sheikh Mansour only been to City once.

Funny enough there is one owner who has only been to one match,they are 1 0 up at the moment and top of the premier league....

Think Sheikh Mansour only been to City once.

So Venkys and Shiekh Mansour have one thing in common. Unfortunately, differences between Sheikh Mansour and Venkys include:

1. The Sheikh actually puts very large sums of his own money into the club on a regular basis.

2. The Shiekh hires real managers.

3. When the Shiekh goes for a marquee player, the Shiekh signs the marquee player.

4. The Shiekh hires professionals to run his club, and then leaves them to it.

Have I missed any?

So Venkys and Shiekh Mansour have one thing in common. Unfortunately, differences between Sheikh Mansour and Venkys include:

1. The Sheikh actually puts very large sums of his own money into the club on a regular basis.

2. The Shiekh hires real managers.

3. When the Shiekh goes for a marquee player, the Shiekh signs the marquee player.

4. The Shiekh hires professionals to run his club, and then leaves them to it.

Have I missed any?

Makes a bangin kebab.

who was that kid that fooled a whole board into agreeing to sell club to him in 80's i think it was? It was one of the lower division clubs and he was only about 16

He got rattled when he did not turn up for his lessons and his school mates saw him on the TV,

It went something like that anyway

Would anyone give a toss if we were in the top half of the league?

Archived