BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Guardian: 'Venky's Planned R&B Concert for Rovers Fans'

• Moderation Lead

Like Spingstein RnB is pap.

Muse on the other hand...........proper band

Got to disagree, hate those mugs. I cringe massively before kick off when I hear Matt Bellamy crooning. (shudders)

Like Spingstein RnB is pap.

Muse on the other hand...........proper band

Muse sold out when they became part of the Twilight craze, then every teenage girl got into them because their music reminded them of sparkly vampires.

They lost a lot of credibility with me with their latest album too. Absolution was utter brilliance, and hard to top, but this came nowhere near, and disappointed me greatly.

I'd still see them live, performing their old stuff (Bliss will always be my favourite track of theirs) but if you're a Twihard and you're in my way, I will crush you. ;)

N-trance is about the only group you will see in blackburn, this town does have the shitest music scene in england and in general the kids around here have always had the naffest(for want of a better word!) taste in music, mainly hardcore dance pap when i was a teen in the 90s(and prob still now).

I know this was yet another incredibly stupid and foolhardy idea, but i can't see past the absolute comedy gold factor of it all. I mean, it's got Big Bad Balaji written all over it. The man is an absolute gem. If his extreme idiocy had no bearing on the clubs future, i think he'd be adored. In fact, sod the poultry, Venky's should franchise the character Balaji to television production companies acorss the globe. He's a one off clown of biblical proportions. You could actually write a hit comedy series about the way him and his family chums have run Rovers.

Note to Venkys; The Office was not a documentary. We generally do not run things like that over here.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether Diouf was shipped out because he was too much competion for Balaji in the bling stakes.

From The Fiver: :)

EEE .... WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?

If you arrive in a city many miles from home, where no one knows anything about you other than you're a serial chicken-killer, then you'd be well-advised to undertake a serious charm offensive before you can convince folks that you're the ideal custodian of their most prized local institution, the only thing beyond potholes that has attracted any degree of attention to their unloved burg. In other words, you should probably take the Venky's model of public relations – and slap it in the mincer.

Even if you think the Indian poultry-magnates should have been congratulated for their honesty when they admitted straight off that they weren't terribly interested in football and took over Blackeye Rovers primarily to promote their eateries, and accept that sacking Sam Allardyce was both righteous and amusing, you'd struggle to persuade anyone that their stunts since then have been hits. They even managed to make their firing of Allardyce seem misguided when they announced shortly afterwards that they intended signing Ronaldinho and David Beckham – Allardyce, for all his faults, is one of the few managers who might actually have been able to cajole such stars into making that switch. Their most contentious decision has, of course, been to react to a success-free run of results and mass protests against Steve Kean-Out by awarding the beleaguered basement-dweller a pay-rise, hinting at a knack for contrariness that even Jeremy Clarkson couldn't match.

And yet, it all could have been so different: for, as ace Guardian scribe Daniel Taylor has discovered, Venky's hatched a cunning plan during the summer to show Rovers fans that they really do know what they're doing. Hand out thousands of free tickets to Ewood Park? Yes! To watch a football match? Erm, no. To fraternise with the players? Not as such. To stage a belated public celebration of the under-appreciated genius of Colin Hendry? Nah.

What then? To attend a concert by Akon! And Kelly Rowland! And someone else whose presence would in no way have reassured Blackeye Rovers fans that they were about to witness a season of glory or even respectability lay ahead. Alas, the gig couldn't be arranged because the songsters had better things to do. Whether Venky's have remains unclear.

Archived