BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Takeaways.

Hi,

Didn't see a thread to do with Take-Aways. So I thought it would be great to start one.

I'm just debating where to go tonight. Anyone got anywhere decent that they can recommend?

I usually end up at either PFC or Miami Chicken & Pizza.

Fancy change, and would love some decent help within the next 10 minutes.

Cheers.

Find each takeway does a specific dish or item better than others ..In Blackburn area Best Nan bread And Tandoori Grill food for me is The Khyber..Best Karahi Dishes..Naz in Bastwell...

If you are looking a quick response from the police.Forget 999..just go to or phone the K2 Kebabshop in Plane street Bastwell.They seem to love their Kebabs

If you're ever in Preston try Sandos, it's great.

Here's a CnP of a revue of it.

The secret is in the custom. If you see a Chinese frequented by Chinese people, you know it's going to be good and authentic. Tang on Fylde Road fits this description.

For Mid East - Balkan type fair, then look no further than Sandos on the junction with Church St and Manchester Road. This place serves a quality kebab, but you'll not find a slice of crappy Donner in the place. The nearest you'll get is the much higher grade of spiced lamb mince in the form of the Kobeda. This place knocks out some quality stuff not found in the run of the mill, dirty tacky crapholes that litter Preston's high streets. And back to my opening point, the place is frequented mostly by As-Salamu Alaykum greeting types.

Try the lamb chops, try the chicken fillet burger and chips for £4 try the clay oven baked chicken or lamb tikka fillet kebabs rolled in a freshly baked bread, try the steak platters, try the peri peri chickens served as 1/4 or 1/2s or if you're fat git,whole.

Just try the place and I promise you'll not step foot in such dirty crapholes like Poppodom Palace ever again.

Edited it as this site doesn't do swearwords.

opp station pub.

Thats Cherry Tree not Fenny. It's that funny shaped property that used to be the off licence.

Find each takeway does a specific dish or item better than others ..In Blackburn area Best Nan bread And Tandoori Grill food for me is The Khyber

Those garlic nans (elephants ears) are legendary.

• Backroom

Yeah think it was Victoria Wines

Khyber gets great reviews but it was disgusting when I had it, greasy tasteless naan (big yes but nowt else) greasy horrible sauce.

Akash in Accy is far better IMO

Is imrans still going on Wensley fold .. We had some bitty burners from there.....

Hands up who remembers deans cafe!! Eye opener in there!!

King St.... not only that but I rem the Bangladesh on Darwen St and the Dildar on Town Hall street. The 'Dildo' was usually quiet until chucking out time at the Flat Cap Club when it turned into something which the bar in Star Wars must have been based on. :rolleyes: Hell I even rem the Khyber when it opened and offered a choice of just 3 curries, Potato, cauliflower and Keema served in a bowl without rice but with a couple of chappatis... just as they should be with the form, taste and consistency of washleathers. btw Khyber keema was about 12.5 pence in those days. :tu:

Exacly gord! I once ordered a Kyhber sober... :(

Me too! It was ok in the mid 70's and much better now but 10-15 years ago one needed to be full as a gun and/or doing more tapping than a blind mans stick to put up with eating in a place where going to the toilet involved wading around in an inch of ###### in the bogs. Glad to say it was better last time I was in.

Pizza - Pizza Italia is excellent for a take-away pizza. As stated before it offers proper pizza made by Italiano's. However, they are still not as good as Algheroes restaurant takeaway. Similar price but much tastier with fresh itialian sausage and so on. Cooked to order as well.

Curry - i am off all takeaways that deliver. Just big chunks of re-cooked chicken in a bland sauce. The best take-away by a mile is Bukhara at Samlesbury.

Kebab - I tend to order mine from shops located in the heart of the asian community. I find the food much tastier and fresher. I now order my kebabs from the The Nile on Preston New Road (heading towards town it is on the right hand side) and flames which is located on New Bank Road. I must also note that Kebabish is also excellent if you can drive to pick it up and are not under the influence.

Chinese - Always will be Hollytree for me.

Garlic Bread - Algheroes again.

Takeaways are more inconsistant than resturants. Many of the places mentioned above, have at some time or other produced amazingly good food, however thay have all regularly dissapointed too. Exception being Imrans whom I don't expect much of in the first place. If I want a sloppy sause madras, then that's what ill always get there. ;-)

Dunno why everyone's banging on about the pizza place at Cherry Tree, I've been and it was crap. Godfather all the way for me.

Dean's was class! Used to like the takeaway on Preston New Road, opposite the Fox and Grapes, can't remember it's name, did great bhajis and chapattis.

You heathen! You wouldn't like actual pizzas in Italy, if you didn't like Pizza Italia.

Archived