BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man of the Match v Bolton (H)

Hughesy

Motm V Bolton  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match if anyone?

• Robbo
    • Lowe
    • Samba
    • Hanley
    • Pedersen
    • Vukcevic
    • Dunn
    • NZonzi
    • Formica
    • Hoilett
    • Yakubu
    • Rochina - Sub
    • Goodwillie - Sub
    • Didnt see it but want to see results

The latest man of the match poll.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I simply set these up as agreed at the start of the season, so that we can accurately reflect the BRFCS man of the season…Its not something which comes and goes based on results….So who if anyone deserves any credit from last night? Yakubu for his goal? Samba? Hoilett for his play in the 2nd? Or someone else.

Let me wish you all a Merry Christmas and hopefully a much better New Year.

We can only hope it’s a much better 2nd half of the season, with a new man in charge, and the fans fully behind both manager and team. Lets get out of this mess without Steve Kean, and hopefully with Sparky at the helm.

Poll will close on Boxing day

You're right. I'm 99% certain that there hasn't been a motm announced in the last two games. Dont know what the reason for this is. Maybe they thought it would provoke some sort of negative reaction. Who knows.

Gave it to hoilett for last night as no one turned up in the first half and he was the only one that did consitantly throughout the second. He didn't have to do much to win it though. On the other side of the coin thought mgp was exceptionally poor last night again at lb, fair enough it's not his position but he still wasn't great. Biggest problem for me though was nzonzi. He had an absolutely terrible game last night and let Nigel reo coker run the midfield which in itself says it all. He's supposed to be the midfield enforcer and I was delighted to have him back for these two home games after his ban. However, he stood off way too much last night and his distribution was shocking. Yes he won quite a few aerial balls but on the whole a weak performance from him. Lowe tries but petrov had the upper hand on him pretty much all night.

You're right. I'm 99% certain that there hasn't been a motm announced in the last two games. Dont know what the reason for this is. Maybe they thought it would provoke some sort of negative reaction. Who knows.

Gave it to hoilett for last night as no one turned up in the first half and he was the only one that did consitantly throughout the second. He didn't have to do much to win it though. On the other side of the coin thought mgp was exceptionally poor last night again at lb, fair enough it's not his position but he still wasn't great. Biggest problem for me though was nzonzi. He had an absolutely terrible game last night and let Nigel reo coker run the midfield which in itself says it all. He's supposed to be the midfield enforcer and I was delighted to have him back for these two home games after his ban. However, he stood off way too much last night and his distribution was shocking. Yes he won quite a few aerial balls but on the whole a weak performance from him. Lowe tries but petrov had the upper hand on him pretty much all night. Dunn was pretty anonymous.

Gave it to hoilett for last night as no one turned up in the first half and he was the only one that did consitantly throughout the second. He didn't have to do much to win it though. On the other side of the coin thought mgp was exceptionally poor last night again at lb, fair enough it's not his position but he still wasn't great. Biggest problem for me though was nzonzi. He had an absolutely terrible game last night and let Nigel reo coker run the midfield which in itself says it all. He's supposed to be the midfield enforcer and I was delighted to have him back for these two home games after his ban. However, he stood off way too much last night and his distribution was shocking. Yes he won quite a few aerial balls but on the whole a weak performance from him. Lowe tries but petrov had the upper hand on him pretty much all night. Dunn was pretty anonymous.

Gave it to hoilett for last night as no one turned up in the first half and he was the only one that did consitantly throughout the second. He didn't have to do much to win it though. On the other side of the coin thought mgp was exceptionally poor last night again at lb, fair enough it's not his position but he still wasn't great. Biggest problem for me though was nzonzi. He had an absolutely terrible game last night and let Nigel reo coker run the midfield which in itself says it all. He's supposed to be the midfield enforcer and I was delighted to have him back for these two home games after his ban. However, he stood off way too much last night and his distribution was shocking. Yes he won quite a few aerial balls but on the whole a weak performance from him. Lowe tries but petrov had the upper hand on him pretty much all night.

The first half was as bad as I've seen. The second was better or were Bolton worse, I don't know!

Samba gets my vote, man mountain as usual. What we could lose by if he didn't play god only knows.

Very dissapointed with our entire team, all new signings do not look premiership quality.

Taking into account we were playing bottom of the league

here are my opinions on the players who, in the main, disgraced the blue n white halves last evening -

Robbo - nowt he could do for goals, seems to struggle to get down to low shots

Lowe - think he is gonna be good but not his best performance

Samba - what would we do without him

Hanley - Needs time on loan in lower leagues (or next year with us)

Pedersen - Probably covered more ground than anybody again, not a left back

Dunn too slow again, I do like him but he simply cannot keep up with the game

Nzonzi - not his usual game, possibly because of the rest of midfield

Hoillet - good second half after a dissapointing 1st half,

Simon - poor, not prem quality

Formica - poor, possibly good in a winning team

Yakubu - Well taken goal, couple nice touches, he is just a goalscorer though

Rochina - Ran around to no avail, little contribution, dissapointing

Goodwillie - Possibly gonna be our worst ever signing (not seen some yet)

To sum up, on that display, we have 2 premiership quality players and they could well leave in Jan. The least fit, most lacking pace team I can remember. :(

I'm not a fan of Hanley, I think he's well below Premiership standard at the moment - however he had a good game last night.

Pretty solid and brave when he needed to be.

Just needs to trim down a bit and concentrate on doing the basics right and he might make a decent squad player.

I feel sorry for Hanley - there's no way that a 20 year old defender should be expected to play week in week out at PL level. It's hard enough for experienced defenders to concentrate for 90 minutes without making a mistake - imagine how hard it is when you have a non-existent midfield in front of you and forwards who can't keep hold of the ball. Jones, clearly, was an exceptional talent.

The tragedy is that at an important stage of their career, players like Hanley and Lowe are having their confidence ripped to shreds by playing for a team low on ability, and for a manager who is unlikely to be concentrating on the development of his young players in such a chaotic and frenzied context.

Crucially, they also need experienced PL colleagues who can step up to carry them when required. Unfortunately, only Samba and Robinson meet this description.

Hanley played well last night under massive pressure, fully deserves his BRFCS.com MOM, even if the club couldn't be bothered to give him it.

I feel sorry for Hanley - there's no way that a 20 year old defender should be expected to play week in week out at PL level. It's hard enough for experienced defenders to concentrate for 90 minutes without making a mistake - imagine how hard it is when you have a non-existent midfield in front of you and forwards who can't keep hold of the ball. Jones, clearly, was an exceptional talent.

The tragedy is that at an important stage of their career, players like Hanley and Lowe are having their confidence ripped to shreds by playing for a team low on ability, and for a manager who is unlikely to be concentrating on the development of his young players in such a chaotic and frenzied context.

Crucially, they also need experienced PL colleagues who can step up to carry them when required. Unfortunately, only Samba and Robinson meet this description.

Hanley played well last night under massive pressure, fully deserves his BRFCS.com MOM, even if the club couldn't be bothered to give him it.

It was on the scoreboard at the final whistle that he was MotM

Guest Wen Y Hu

Merry Christmas Hughsey.

I might be wrong here but I don't recall hearing a MotM being announced at either of the last two home games?

Nothing conspiratorial at all, folks. I have been busy in the extreme this month and have only just got round to putting up the Stoke, Swansea and Sunderland motm results. I've just closed the West Brom one and the Bolton one has till tomorrow to run, so expect the announcements sometime soonish irrespective of whether we lose, draw or get absolutely mullered in the meantime.

Archived