BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goalkeeping Situation

Bobby G

Robbo seems to be the only player consistantly applauding the fans and wasn't it Robbo's guests with the T shirts against Kean and Venkys? I think its perhaps Robbo being got rid of because he has spoke out against the regime? It does sem those that speak up are no longer in favour.

Bunn did well yesterday but I wouldnt swap him for Robbo based on a months worth of performances imo that was one of Brian Kidds mistakes not putting Flowers back in when he was fit again. Filan made some great saves that year but Flowers was the better keeper and more of a motivator and instilled confidence in the defence.

Beautiful typo!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure where all these conspiracy issues about Paul Robinson being sidelined because he supposedly spoke up against Venkys are coming from, and I won't argue for or against them. Just want to let you guys know, Alan Nixon actually investigated it and he said that it was definitely an injury. It was on his twitter. He said it was a grade 2 tear, and he'll be sidelined for 6 weeks. There were people harrassing him on twitter about the conspiracy theory and he got fed up and told them to ask the doctor. If he's telling the truth, but you guys want to continue with the conspiracy theory, then it means Robinson delibrately faked his injury and got his doctor to "prove" it so that he doesn't have to play for Venkys and Kean. It probably has nothing to do with Venkys or Kean sidelining him because he spoke up against them.

You can believe him or you can believe the conspiracy theories. It's up to you. But funnily enough fans have been shouting for Kean to stop including Jason Roberts and when he does exclude Roberts, people start accusing Kean of excluding Roberts because the latter spoke up against Kean and Venkys. I know Kean is pretty much hated by everyone, but the theories do seem a little far-fetched at the moment. Still they are certainly not impossible, so believe whatever you want to believe.

I guess the big test Black Burn is whether Robbo leaves in the January transfer window or not. I expect that he will be on his way as a player ego crossed swords with Coco.

Well, even if he leaves in January, but he can't play for his new team due to the grade 2 calf tear, then it'll be pretty hard to say. Unless you want to accuse the new manager of sidelining him because he spoke up against him again. :D

Good point, however I don't know whether he is injured or not, I expect he is, I can't see why Coco would lie :blink:

He's been lying ever since he took over as manager, according to many people here. Lying about 5th place, lying about investment, lying about our club not being a selling club...and now lying that we can make top ten, we can survive relegation, not to mention the Michael Salgado issue...

I have no comment regarding whether I agree with that, but basically, many people think he is a liar. I personally don't think he's lying this time, though.

I really dont know what to think here, seems odd that yet again, a player who seems to understand the true situation at Rovers is sidelined, as someone mentioned, how does Nelsen fit in here, Salgado, then we Had Diouf, Andrews has spoken out against Kean etc. whether players are a loss to the team or not, its irrelovent!!

We sold our great goalkeeping hope earlier this season. Probably one of the biggest, and least reported, mistakes that Rovers (Coco) made.

Frank Fielding was sold to Derby, and a matter of 4 weeks later was in the England Senior squad. He was a Rovers fan, ST holder for many years, and wad in tears when Coco moved him on. What did Coco fail to see in him?

We sold our great goalkeeping hope earlier this season. Probably one of the biggest, and least reported, mistakes that Rovers (Coco) made.

Frank Fielding was sold to Derby, and a matter of 4 weeks later was in the England Senior squad. He was a Rovers fan, ST holder for many years, and wad in tears when Coco moved him on. What did Coco fail to see in him?

I think Preston, it was more a case of what Feilding failed to see in Coco!!

I'm not sure where all these conspiracy issues about Paul Robinson being sidelined because he supposedly spoke up against Venkys are coming from, and I won't argue for or against them. Just want to let you guys know, Alan Nixon actually investigated it and he said that it was definitely an injury. It was on his twitter. He said it was a grade 2 tear, and he'll be sidelined for 6 weeks. There were people harrassing him on twitter about the conspiracy theory and he got fed up and told them to ask the doctor. If he's telling the truth, but you guys want to continue with the conspiracy theory, then it means Robinson delibrately faked his injury and got his doctor to "prove" it so that he doesn't have to play for Venkys and Kean. It probably has nothing to do with Venkys or Kean sidelining him because he spoke up against them.

You can believe him or you can believe the conspiracy theories. It's up to you. But funnily enough fans have been shouting for Kean to stop including Jason Roberts and when he does exclude Roberts, people start accusing Kean of excluding Roberts because the latter spoke up against Kean and Venkys. I know Kean is pretty much hated by everyone, but the theories do seem a little far-fetched at the moment. Still they are certainly not impossible, so believe whatever you want to believe.

The Roberts theory, nonsense.

The Robbo theory, very possible. Nicko's word is often shown to be misconceived. It would be very easy nonetheless to document an injury that did not exist.

The truth? We can't be certain. Salgado injured? He claims not. Robbo injured following alleged breakdown of relationship with Kean?

I'll continue to scratch my head but am minded that all is not honest that is within Rovers atm.

From what I understand, Kean had Frank Fielding's best interests in heart. We already had a great goalkeeper in Paul Robinson, and Mark Bunn was a competent number two. So if he had held on to Fielding, the guy will just rot on the reserves without any chance of playing. He decided to sell the lad so that he can get first-team chances elsewhere, which will lead to a better future for him instead of being selfish and denying him a chance to play.

Or you can disbelieve that and look for another conspiracy theory - maybe Fielding spoke out against Venkys and Kean, so they sold him. I'm not good at coming up with those, so you take over.

From what I understand, Kean had Frank Fielding's best interests in heart. We already had a great goalkeeper in Paul Robinson, and Mark Bunn was a competent number two. So if he had held on to Fielding, the guy will just rot on the reserves without any chance of playing. He decided to sell the lad so that he can get first-team chances elsewhere, which will lead to a better future for him instead of being selfish and denying him a chance to play.

Or you can disbelieve that and look for another conspiracy theory - maybe Fielding spoke out against Venkys and Kean, so they sold him. I'm not good at coming up with those, so you take over.

Needs experience? Loan him out?

I think Preston, it was more a case of what Feilding failed to see in Coco!!

I wish that were the Kelbo, although I realise that your comments were in jest.

FF preferred to improve his game by regular 1st team games via loan deals ( which Bunn could not do as understudy to Robbo) and then challenge for the 1st team place. This worked for FF and for Rovers who had a minimal financial outlay and an improving player with regular 1st experience under his belt.

FF was loaned out!!!

This included Rochdale and Derby. Ask FF if Coco was looking out for him, I did and the answer is NO.

Was Fielding pretty much sold for nowt due to his contract being up? Sounds to me they messed up rather than any conspiracy or being nice to him

From memory he went for £600,000.

I was just throwing a random idea, don't worry. I doubt Kean actually had Fielding's well-being in mind, but we'll never know (well, actually you do since you've asked).

I guess he was tired of sending the poor guy on loan all the time, and forcing him to adapt to a different team every half a season or every season and decided to get rid of him instead of working through the trouble on sending Fielding on loan to the right club or something.

He's been lying ever since he took over as manager, according to many people here. Lying about 5th place, lying about investment, lying about our club not being a selling club...and now lying that we can make top ten, we can survive relegation, not to mention the Michael Salgado issue...

I have no comment regarding whether I agree with that, but basically, many people think he is a liar.

Apologies for going off [goalkeeping] topic for a moment, but has Hoilett signed that new contract yet? :unsure:

Apologies for going off [goalkeeping] topic for a moment, but has Hoilett signed that new contract yet? :unsure:

Im told that Kean ran into him in the corridor and Junior jumped up and down with desperation to sign the new deal within 24 hours! :P

More relevantly, there is nothing on the official website about any injury/time out for Robinson. Just a tiny mention on team news for Anfield. Kean didnt even mention it in his post-match presser, despite mentioning Nelsen, Dann, Givet and Olsson.

I've wondered why more hasn't been made of this. Fielding is, by most accounts, the next great England keeper and Kean let him go. As was Jones. And apparently, Hoilett (unless he's signed a contract?). Our young team of potential greats are vanishing.

Im told that Kean ran into him in the corridor and Junior jumped up and down with desperation to sign the new deal within 24 hours! :P

More relevantly, there is nothing on the official website about any injury/time out for Robinson. Just a tiny mention on team news for Anfield. Kean didnt even mention it in his post-match presser, despite mentioning Nelsen, Dann, Givet and Olsson.

Kean did mention in his post match press conference that robinson had a 2cm tear on his calf

There were people harrassing him on twitter about the conspiracy theory and he got fed up and told them to ask the doctor.

That would be quite difficult, what with patient confidentiality and all that. I'm pretty confident that if you approached MY doctor, he wouldn't divulge my medical situation, especially if you were from the Press. Not really sure how Nicko "researched" it.

It's a hard one to prove and at present we only really have SK's word on the matter. And he's proved he's hardly the most truthful of people at the best of times.

I've wondered why more hasn't been made of this. Fielding is, by most accounts, the next great England keeper and Kean let him go. As was Jones. And apparently, Hoilett (unless he's signed a contract?). Our young team of potential greats are vanishing.

I thought most people rated Jake Kean more than Fielding, and weren't sad about him leaving. £400,000 isn't much but surely there's a sell-on clause in there. He wouldn't have gotten a game for another few years anyway, so why waste his talent? Pretty sure he would have left with Big Sam in charge as well. Jones was always going to leave once Man United came in. Hoilett I think we could have kept under different circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived