BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goalkeeping Situation

Bobby G

Guest Rovers4Good

Bunn has done well since he's come in but for the long term Robbo is the main man. Robbo wants out and knowing the situation we are in financially then Kean would want him gone as well.

Not sure Bunn could cut it week in week out but only time will tell and for Robbo to get back in the team he needs to kiss and make up with Kean.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure Robinson will be back in the side any time soon if rumours are to be believed and in any event Bunn has performed far better in recent games than Robbo has this season imo.

If however Robbo could get his head together and get back to something like the form he was showing last season then obviously he's still the better keeper at this point.

As for Fielding, I really don't see it's another stick to beat the manager with. I've only seen a very limited amount of both Kean/Fielding for the reserves but Kean looked far superior of the two for me.

The truth is that Robbo is an average Premier League keeper at best. He's not the worst but he's certainly not in the top ten IMO. I think we overrate him because he's English, was touted as England's new number 1 when only a youth player at Leeds, and because he turned down the opportunity to play alongside the most unsavoury rabble in international football today.

However, Bunn, to me, seems a far better shot stopper than Robbo. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen Robbo just stand there and not even make an attempt to get the ball. He does seem overweight and/or immobile. He's a bit like a poor man's Kevin Pressman.

I can't work out if you're being genuine or ironic...

Guest Rovers4Good

Not sure Robinson will be back in the side any time soon if rumours are to be believed and in any event Bunn has performed far better in recent games than Robbo has this season imo.

Robbo is in the nets tomorrow (Confirmed) :)

The truth is that Robbo is an average Premier League keeper at best. He's not the worst but he's certainly not in the top ten IMO. I think we overrate him because he's English, was touted as England's new number 1 when only a youth player at Leeds, and because he turned down the opportunity to play alongside the most unsavoury rabble in international football today.

However, Bunn, to me, seems a far better shot stopper than Robbo. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen Robbo just stand there and not even make an attempt to get the ball. He does seem overweight and/or immobile. He's a bit like a poor man's Kevin Pressman.

Totally agree, Robbo past his sell by date. Time to go and dont let door hit you on the way out.

I thought most people rated Jake Kean more than Fielding, and weren't sad about him leaving. £400,000 isn't much but surely there's a sell-on clause in there. He wouldn't have gotten a game for another few years anyway, so why waste his talent? Pretty sure he would have left with Big Sam in charge as well. Jones was always going to leave once Man United came in. Hoilett I think we could have kept under different circumstances.

After watching him play on loan at Rochdale I can say with some confidence Jake Kean is not and in my opinion will not be good enough for Blackburn Rovers.

What does a rich mans Kevin Pressman look like ?

Archived